Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beyond The Pale Festival - 10th-12th June - Glendalough

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭Fanirish

it won’t be returning in a recognisable form to what people are familiar with and not in that location.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭RINO87

Curious as to why this would be the last year of BTP?? I know you mentioned sales were not up to scratch, but is it not worth pulling out the stops with this one to help improve the reputation yadda yadda, instead of sort of throwing in the towel.....or is there a major sponsor or the site owner or something walking away?

On B&S too... didn't they sign a long term agreement with the Ballinlough estate just before covid? I know that means nothing if the organisers literally cannot put on the event, just wondering if I remembered that right.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,505 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Anyone know where abouts is best to collect people who have day tickets? Have drawn the short straw and have to collect my partner and her mate on the Saturday night. Not looking forward to that drive at 1am.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭hold my beer

Is it a 1am finish for day trippers? Read somewhere that music going until 3am Fri & Sat.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 FriendlySpider

So sent them a message on Instagram asking and they replied that there is no drink allowed into the arena areas and that's its only allowed in the campsites. Such a shame they only mentioned this one week before!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,505 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

It could well be! I just said 1am is the latest I'm going to collect them.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭jellybeano

Annamoe entrance (Gate 1) seems to be for drop-offs, buses, campervans etc. Would they use this entrance for day-trippers? The Oldbridge entrance (Gate 2) is marked as the main entrance on the new site map.

Either way, I’d imagine you could nearly drive all the way up through whichever carpark and collect them close enough to the whichever entrance. I suppose it depends on how they manage the flow of day trippers and wristband access to campsites and arena etc. on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Landers11

Looks like they are deleting messages from people asking too. Still thinking it will be barely enforced.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Toast

Probably should be spending that time moderating the chat on the app. Fair amount of spam messages there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Going for a day trip on Saturday..is there any timetable out??

• Advertisement

Only realising Camplight are there this year. Not sure if they were there last year. I used them in Glastonbury before and they're a handy in between option if you can't bring your own tent but don't want to pay the "boutique" prices. 280 for a 4 person tent v 400. They should have pushed that more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Reckon BTP will rue their decision to lean so heavily into dance music for this year.

Only peeps I know who are going are working it.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

@wooderson Do you feel there was less of a "dance music" lean last year? Hot Chip, Jon Hopkins & Leftfield were all headliners.

To me there's more guitar acts on the bill this year…. Alvvays, Courtney Bartnett & Gilla Band for example.

Hard to find similar on last year's bill expect maybe Pillow Queens.

Plenty of dance music to enjoy in a week's time alright but there was as much last year for me, and likely similar the first year.

For me, the issue this year is the headline names feeling like a step down however that could just be my personal taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 sarah.murphy08

Does it finish up Sunday early or what’s the last day situation for camping? Trying to decide if it’s just easier to head home but waiting for the timetables to be released 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Van Doozy

Main arena music ends at 11pm Sunday and the late night area goes on for 2 more hours until 1.00.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Joekers

Weather - who's calling it? Still uncertain?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭RINO87

It's been flip flopping a lot! For the most part it seems overcast but warm (ideal festival weather for me), with a period of rain that has been bouncing between Friday night and Saturday afternoon every time I check!!

It'll be grand anyway!! Shur it may as well be in the "sunny South East"!

........anyone got any of those stage times??

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Peesh89

The most I have is… The Scratch are playing mainstage on Sunday 3:45pm

• Registered Users Posts: 1 paultea

Hello, can’t wait to get down this Friday, gonna be a great weekend and the weather is looking on the up!

Just putting it up here incase anyone would like to avail, we have a few spare seats on a private bus heading from south Belfast on Friday morning at 9am, back up Monday morning at 11am, roughly £70/80 return depending on how many we get!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭boomdocker

My 2 cents:

Looks like a fairly dry week up to Friday, then some rain Friday afternoon/evening although amounts should be small

Rest of the weekend looks similar, small amounts of rain. No sign of warmth either

Hopefully I'm wrong 😎

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Joekers

This would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭crl84

This is the least dance music heavy of the 3 years, or certainly no more dance music than the previous two years.....

The first year had Bonobo, Four Tet and Orbital headlining, with the lineup predominantly made up of DJs.

Last year was largely electronic acts of various types, and the same abundance of DJs....

Its always been a primarily "dance music" festival.....

Is there anyone else on the lineup similar to Rival Consoles? This is the sort of electronica I'd love more of.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭whelzer

Seen Rival Consoles in the National Concert Hall last year (alongside some other acts that would suit BTP). Dont think there's anything similar on the lineup..Kelly Lee Owens, Para For Cuva, Tourist...maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Ruanmcg

Kelly Lee Owens is doing a DJ set, the only mix I’ve seen of hers is quite heavy dance music like techno and breakbeat, nothing like rival consoles. Actually really looking forward to her set

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Van Doozy

As is tradition by now, I'll do a free can cooling draw for BTP this weekend for yiz boardsies.

Just thank this post to enter.

Two winners will be picked at random. Drop down to me on Friday to collect a can cooling pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭Stillill42

You're a good man, Van Doozy.

Hadnt noticed its a DJ set....#disappointed.com

Wheres de stage times at? Seriously....hours of planning and clash avoidance strategic decisions required...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭deeks

Advertisement