Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Youtubers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭tanko

You’re in luck, he’s after putting up another 30 minutes of riveting rolling action.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,115 ✭✭✭893bet

Jesus it’s bad. Laughing so hard at the hand pointing though the first 10 minutes.

Reminds me of computer game Doom or something with a POV camera and just a hand then 😀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 162 ✭✭fulldnod

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,335 ✭✭✭✭Base price

@Siamsa Sessions, great video this evening Kieran on the progress that you have made so far with the tank and yard work. I reckon you will be seeing that big simmential heifer for a while. The whitehead isn't too far off heading up the ramp.

Link to latest video for those who are not following.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭visatorro

Enjoy sheep school. Know nothing about sheep. Watching him more sheep along the roads and sheep breaking out just shows you need good neighbours to be at that craic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Sheep breeder

Evenflow back with another masterpiece and great filming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,891 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Yer, man Graham Kavanagh is breeding some cattle. On his latest video, breeding E grade Lim bulls killing out at 64%.

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭visatorro

Savage stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Seanhorse91

Great operator. Always look forward to seeing his videos being uploaded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭endainoz

All of him videos are him screaming and trying to sell people raffle tickets, you see one you seen them all. Used to follow him a bit alright but it got old for me fast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭lmk123

horses for courses, I think his videos are class, just the sheer insanity, he’d be some crack to have a few pints with

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Sheep breeder

It’s all a bit of fun and great video and drone footage, some YouTube I have no interest in also like lads rabbiting on about repairing tractors and looking at poor cattle etc, everyone to their own.

did any 1 watch tom pem mowing in todays videos, ffs he's father is some clown

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭Tileman

I watched Tom yea , well half watched it . Don’t recall the auld fella bit though . What did he do

he stopped the contractor from coming because he wanted to ted the grass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭jaymla627

Was more worried about having a f**k off roofed silage clamp so he could make a few youtubes videos and pricking around at maize at the start of may than getting his 1st cut in, it shows in fairness hes making 300k plus a year at youtube etc and he's still making a balls of running the farm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭Tileman

is he making that much from you tube ? Ah not much he could do. His grant ran out this year for roof. Should have made some I agree put it on the out farm and the second pit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,115 ✭✭✭893bet

https://socialblade.com/youtube/c/tompembertonfarmlife

estimate for his YouTube income. Long way from 300k.

I'D say he's not far off that kind of money, the way he's spending there has to be big bucks coming from yt, the sheep game said he making 30k/year and he's very small compared to him unless he's full of shite. The only good side it will make great content, I do enjoy his videos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Snowball an interesting video up repairing a hispec tanker that had cracked at the spring hangers. Only 4 years old so not sure what the story was, but he replied in comments to say there is a repair kit from them for it. His work is very tidy. Maybe a bit of editing required as his videos are very long, but the detail is interesting.

Poor Tom P is having a nightmare with his silage. Dropped over a week and still not lifted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭GrasstoMilk

I agree. Rabbits on about stuff like he’s an expert but he’s not.
    they should have had the contractor in with the triples and harvester right behind it. They’ve a woeful pit of shite now and he’s making 4 videos out if it all too

One thing thats glaringly obvious is the ole chap is still in total control, Tom isnt the full shilling either mowing through standing water instead of just staying out of the flooded areas, its a comicial set-up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭Wildsurfer

Jeez mowing through a flood, I have to watch that to see what the eejit is at... cha ching... another click on his channel! Its when the people aren't talking about him he'll start losing money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Either way he doesn't lose. He has either has good content in the clamp or good content on YouTube. Both pay the bills at the end of the month.

He'll need it in fairness, probably looking at 600 pounds a day of a loss for the 100 odd days he'll be feeding it out in lost preformance/health issues and extra meal needed to make cows milk of that silage, if its even feedable, clamp losses could be 30% plus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Injuryprone

That's what I was thinking, would stuff that's down 8 days drowned in water even ferment in the pit? I don't know.

I don't agree that they'll be happy either way with how it turns out as he'll have the clicks. Taking a chance like that is grand with a 10 acre bit, but your whole 138 acre first cut is a different story.

What were they at. Decided to cut while sitting at the kitchen table without so much as walking a quarter acre to see what it's like. Their first clue should have been when the contractor told him he had 2 harvesters idle to send to him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭straight

I didn't watch Tom P in ages but he strikes me as a hard worker, also very open and honest. They are working with challenging ground and sure haven't we all got caught with weather on wet ground more over.

I think he's doing a great job taking over from the old lad and developing the place. He never even bought himself a car but saved his money for more important stuff I think.

His old lad never did much farming. He always had a farm manager and when he quit Tom said he'd take over the farm managers job. The old lad likes his pints and collecting classic cars. Nothing wrong with that but I wouldn't say farming was his priority. I remember he often reminiscences about losing a fine farm due to a family dispute. Not sure of the full story.

But..... Ya, fair play to Tom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,891 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Tom Pemberton has 575K subscribers, so he must be doing something right.

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,734 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

He was one of the originals on Youtube and an inspiration for some on this side of the water in setting up their Youtube channels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 240 ✭✭Danny healy ray

I'm watching sam shutt farming alot now days 38 weeks pregnant with her 6th and off out building dry stone walls

you would have to say fair play to her

Advertisement