Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local Authority Graduate Programme 2024

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 bella1307

I would imagine you would get either your first or second choice depending on what the person ahead of you has chosen on their application form!

Well done, that's a brilliant position to be in! :)

I would imagine you would get either your first or second choice depending on what the person ahead of you has chosen on their application form!

Well done, that's a brilliant position to be in! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 kb1234

Thanks so much, I had it just now and it was okay! The interviewers were very nice. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 eimearr

Hi everyone!

Just got an email today for Southern Region that I placed 9th on the panel.

Does anyone know what are the chances of actually getting called up if you have placed 9th?

Thanks!

Post edited by eimearr on

Well done! I am not sure, is that for all of the councils in the southern region? Fingers crossed for you :)

• Advertisement

I think so! Hopefully something will come up!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 321Marie123

Hi everyone! Can someone explain to me if they know... I had an interview on June 5th and I was happy with how it went, but I haven't received any feedback yet about whether I'm on the panel.
    I'm just curious if anyone knows and can clarify whether the panel is for one region and all the councils within that region and for one skills area or multiple skills areas, or if each skills area in a different council has its panel. If it's for all councils, how do they offer jobs—based on the one closest to you, the one you say you're interested in, or do they strictly go in order from the panel and offer accordingly? Is there any information about moving up the list, like on a website?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ka10

the panel is just for the region u applied and for the specific skills area.And they will offer position based on vacancies at the moment by the time they reach your rank.So for example you might be 8th and the places in your council in your skills area will be 4th but that doesn't mean you will not be selected.It might happen that 7 people above you will have a different priority and you will be the first person to be selected for your council.It all depends on the rank,priority,vacancies and popularity of your stream and region.

I got my email 2 weeks after my interview, you will find out soon :) each region seems to go at different paces and have different protocols :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Cyberpunk234

Hello guys. Has anyone applied for the cybersecurity graduate role in the lgma and has anyone received their offer yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 dearbhail.poppy

Hi guys, ive just placed third in the panel in the border and Western region in the area of Climate Action. Does anyone know how many positions are being offered in this area for this skill or what are the chances of getting offered a job at this rank, thanks so much :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ka10

Hey everyone,i noticed results for data analytics stream on sdcc website regarding shorlist but I don't know whether it is just for Dublin region or for all regions as i haven't received an email yet but i rank near top 10. Does anyone have a clue what is it?? and what are the chances of securing a spot in the Dublin region??

I just got an email about this, it's just the Dublin regions! I also ranked 8 in my preferred stream so fingers and toes crossed that I might get offered something! Best of luck to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 lavidaes

Hey guys, hope everybody's doing well and starting to hear some news!

For Dublin, I placed around the mid point of the Community Development panel. For the Border and Western region, I placed highly, and received an email this morning telling me I had been assigned a specific council, and that their HR section would be in touch from here on.

Some questions… Has anybody else been contacted telling them they've been assigned to a specific council? Is this a job offer or is this just telling me that when a vacancy arrives at that council it will be offered to me? I'm excited but I wasn't thinking that starts came until around August, and I'm nervous about timelines given that I have to move for the job and finish up the programme I'm currently on. Any idea what might happen if they come back to me telling me they need me to start in a few weeks (idk if that's likely) - are they known for being flexible? If not, could I stay on the waitlist for Dublin's panel at least?

Thanks a lot and good luck to all!

congratulations! As far as a I know they do a block start, with as many grads as possible starting at the same time around August I think.. I could easily be wrong though, and it might depend on each council. Hopefully will work out well for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Kuiper81

No, it is not a job offer. That would mean that your application has been forwarded to the lead local authority of border and western region. They will now do the matrix and contact you with a position in a specific local authority in that region that has a vacancy for your skill set. If you accept it, they will remove you from the Dublin region panel and forward your application to that specific local authority. The HR department of this specific local authority will then roll out the offer letter. This process can take between 15 days and a month. Councils generally give you a month's notice with regards to the joining date.

Now if you do not accept the offer, you better hope that you get something from Dublin region, it is a gamble.

Yes it is a block start generally but it depends on the pay week of the council, start dates can differ by a week at most between two councils.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 lavidaes

Thanks so much for the info! Very helpful. Reassuring to hear that it will likely be around an August start.

Re your comment "That would mean that your application has been forwarded to the lead local authority of border and western region. They will now do the matrix and contact you with a position in a specific local authority in that region that has a vacancy for your skill set", are you sure that's the case? I ask because LGMA stated Cavan County Council or Monaghan County Council were the joint lead authorities for the Border & Western region, and it was Monoghan who interviewed me, whereas now I've been told by the lead authorities in the region (a few weeks after receiving my panel position) that I'm being assigned to Galway County Council. So I feel like that's a definitive location and there won't be a further re-assignment step, right?😵

Take into account the geography as per LGMA- Border and Western that includes Donegal, Leitrim, Cavan , Monaghan for border and Galway, Mayo and Sligo for Western. It is a big geography than Dublin or South. So they will assign you to parts where they are not able to get the talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Javas

hey,

I just got an email this morning saying

“ I wish to advise following completion of the recruitment process of Local Authority Graduate Programme Skills Area in Programme Project & Programme Management in which you were placed No. 5 on the panel, you are being assigned to Mayo County Council.

The HR section of Mayo County Council will be in contact with you directly regarding the steps to be taken during the pre-employment phase. “

Does this basically mean I will get a job offer?

• Advertisement

Congrats! I think once you can satisfy the pre employment checks (references, proof of academic qualification, health etc) it will result in a job offer. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Javas

awh Thank you so much !! I also applied for 2 other positions, cyber security and it skills and placed 5th in the panel for both . It was another council that interviewed me though . So can I still be offered them ?

I hope so because I was assigned to a council 3 hours away that I didn’t even have on my application form.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 321Marie123

Oh, so they offer positions to people on the panel in order, without considering which council in the region would be closer for candidates? I still don’t know the interview results, the panel hasn't been published yet, but I would be sorry if they offered me a faraway place first, while someone else would prefer it more and chose where it was offered, for example in my CC. Is there any solution in that case?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 SerpiCola

So what’s the story in this circumstance? If you can’t take up an offer because it’s located too far away then does that mean you are removed from the panel ?. I got placement which is a two hour drive from me and just not workable 😵‍💫. I’d like to think I’d still be considered for a more local council ?!?

Post edited by SerpiCola on

Are you on any other panels? I think if you refuse that placement you may be removed from that panel, but I'm not sure. It might be no harm to give the lead council a call/email to seek some clarification.

I'm not sure how they are working it out, Marie. I was 8th on that panel, so I'm assuming it was the closest available council when they got to my number or no one had applied for that council as their first choice?? Honestly not sure. I am hoping and praying that my next offer will be more local to me 🤞 Hopefully you get word on your panel number soon, I believe your position on the panel will significantly influence where you are allocated in relation to your preferences.

hi, if anyone is waiting to hear about the next steps for the Dublin region, I emailed today and got this response:

Thanks for the email. We’re just completing the final skill area group of interviews this week and then we’ll be in contact with all candidates again. I’m not sure how long it might take to organise all of the offers but once all of the interviews have finished we’ll be able to start working on them.

Hope that helps 😊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 SerpiCola

Not on any other panels.

Advertisement