Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incomplete firearms application form.

Options
  • 17-06-2024 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭

We received a letter today from the guard dealing with my sons gun licence application.

He wants proof of addresses, ie utility bill etc. That's no bother.

Proof he meets the security requirements, he wants a receipt for the gun safe. The gun safe went in here in 2007 so that's well gone, a photo will have to do him.

It's the next bit I'm concerned about!! He wants "written permission to shoot on land including landowner details and location of land"

He is a member of our gun club and the NARGC. A copy his membership card was included in his application.

So what's the craic with that, what are the actual requirements in this regard?

My membership card has always done me and everyone else I know of too. Is he on a solo mission on this one. I have already tried to call him but can't get hold of him at the station. So I want to email him, and I'm looking for advice on how to word it.

I always thought gun club membership was sufficient enough for the requirements for license application.

Thanks all.

Comments

Advertisement