Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pantera 2025 Tour

• 12-06-2024 10:12am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,085 ✭✭✭

Heavy metal icons PANTERA will return to the UK and Ireland in early 2025 for their first tour in over 20 years. Featuring original members, vocalist Philip H. Anselmo and bassist Rex Brown, alongside guitarist Zakk Wylde and drummer Charlie Benante, the latest stretch of live dates continues the celebration of the lives of late founding members, drummer Vinnie Paul and guitarist Dimebag Darrell. The tour kicks off on 18th February in Glasgow with shows in Leeds, Dublin, Birmingham, and London (full dates below). Artist presale tickets & VIP for these dates will go on sale on Tue, 18 June at 10am and public on sale will begin on Fri, 21 June at 10am.

The tour will follow PANTERA’s appearance at the 2024 edition of Download Festival, the band’s first UK appearance in three decades, as well as dates supporting Metallica on their North American stadium tour.

"When a newly restructured PANTERA took the stage at Milwaukee’s American Family Insurance Amphitheater, the chorus of cheers that greeted them was a voluminous mix of both excitement and disbelief." -- Illinois Entertainer

"...a true tribute to the legacy of the Abbott brothers and the music they helped create. It is also a gift to the many fans that have gotten goosebumps from the raw power that PANTERA is able to harness like no other band." -- The Intelligencer

"...an emotional tribute to the music the quartet made." -- TribLIVE

"Anselmo, Brown, Wylde, and Benante masterfully honored the band’s legacy while embracing a new chapter, standing as a testament to the indomitable spirit of heavy metal. In a genre defined by resilience, PANTERA’s triumphant return is nothing short of remarkable." -- All Music Magazine

"As PANTERA closed its set with the opening riff of 'Cowboys From Hell' playing behind them, Anselmo asked the packed stadium who would come to see them in the future. The response would be one of the evening’s loudest." -- Dallas Observer

Creators of the "power groove,” PANTERA got their start in Arlington, Texas with its best-known lineup, consisting of founding members and brothers, drummer Vinnie Paul and guitarist Dimebag Darrell, with bassist Rex Brown and vocalist Philip H. Anselmo. The group would become one the most successful and influential bands in heavy metal history. To date, PANTERA has sold 20 million records worldwide and has received four Grammy nominations along with sold out arena tours across the globe.

Never got the chance to see them in their pomp but this will do nicely.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,848 ✭✭✭hynesie08

This will be excellent, smelly, but excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,085 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

A Friday gig too. Outstanding. Time to get the hotel booked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

Oh man oh man oh man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,752 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

any idea on price?

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭GHendrix

Looking forward to this. Not really the same without Dime or Vinnie but a very good tribute

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,085 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Probably in the region of €75. Hopefully it's a proper tour with some big support acts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lobotomised

Starting from €80.25 plus booking fees. Don't know how much standing is.

Saw this tour last summer, had fairly modest expectations, thought the tour was a bit of a cash grab and that the 'for the brothers' marketing was lame but it was excellent tbf.

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭Lemsiper

How do you avail of the artist presale?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Benante has done a stellar job for VP. Kit sounds daddy bad ass as he uses samples from Far Beyond and Vulgar in the mix. This will **** kill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,189 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Open the Ticketmaster page, delete everything in the url after the question mark and replace with did=artpre

There might be a code needed, but there often isn't. Worth checking

If it doesn't work, changing it to did=prompre the next day almost certainly will

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,164 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Holy ****!

I saw they were going to play Download this year and had my fingers crossed they'd come over here but assumed they wouldn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭Musicrules

The presale codes will only work in 5 days? For the artist presale?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

What I'd give to have been at their gig here supporting Friedman and Menza Megadeth.

This seems a bit odd, but I've heard positive reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭kolkio

"our Artist Pre-sale starts on Tuesday, 18 June at 10AM BST. The pre-sale code is HELLBOUND.

Artist Pre-sale: Tue, 18 June at 10am BST (code HELLBOUND)

Public On-Sale: Fri, 21 June at 10am BST"

Did anyone meet Phil Anselmo during the week? I heard he was knocking around Ireland ahead of their Donington gig this weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭xpletiv

Artist presale about to go live on TM

Not happening for me...

Master of the Universe

Not working here either.. anyone just have a spinning wheel after the queue?

yep same here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

I got through no problem but the only ones available are

Official Platinum TicketsOpen detailed description for: Official Platinum Tickets€152.00–€182.00 each

The other ones all need a code to unlock. Where do I get that code?

Master of the Universe

Yeah I'm speaking to a few other people and nobody seems to have gotten a ticket as of yet.

There were 470 people ahead of me when I joined the queue at about quarter to 10.

Code is HELLBOUND

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭thebronze14

Yeah I'm getting the spinning wheel too…..

The code is HELLBOUND

Open the Ticketmaster page, delete everything in the url after the question mark and replace with did=artpre

This worked for me

Im guessing that the link or access is tied to email link that they sent round, saw a couple on Facebook got them through their own email link but sharing it didnt work.

Credit to Electric Nitwit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

ok I got it.

Here is how to get tickets.

URL: https://www.ticketmaster.ie/event/180060C599C726F2?did=artpre

Select artist presale tickets.

Unlock code is HELLBOUND

• Advertisement

Not working for me. Still get the spinny wheel

Advertisement