Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beyond The Pale Festival - 10th-12th June - Glendalough

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,124 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

prob some showers on friday afternoon/evening but then it looks decent for the rest of the weekend. excited now, bring it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭RINO87

One of my best festival memories was mother on the reckless in love stage at Body and Soul when that stage was still in its rightful place in the woods.....2014, middle of the World Cup in Brazil, the sun was belting out all weekend, nights were tropical and they finished with Samba de Janerio and Sunchyme. The feeling of joy at that moment was unforgettable!!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭DanielSwords

Are mother at BTP this year? I know they have been previously but seen no mention of them on the BTP socials. I’ve never failed to enjoy myself at mother at B&S or the B&S area at electric picnic

• Registered Users Posts: 5,870 ✭✭✭Rfrip

mother DJs won’t be at btp or ATN this year which is a shame

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,545 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Well this is my last call till after festival again, getting picked up by taxi then trains and finally getting picked up at Heuston and a lift to festival site shall bump into some of you down there, have a good one. Signing off.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭hold my beer

I just saw that now, had no idea. Strange coincidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Conor_OM

Hoping the Friday rain isn't too bad. It'll be chilly Friday night!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,870 ✭✭✭Rfrip

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Toast

Didn't realise the soundbath was something you had to book. It is sold out… also it is 20 bucks? It was free last year and you could just rock up (and It wasn't worth 20 bucks). Must be enough people going that something like this can sell out for that extra cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Gunner5

Does anybody know if the Glamping is all one area... So you have silk road and pitched perfect in the same place and access is allowed between the 2.

2 friends are in silk road but I'm a late joiner to their party so it all sold out (2 man tents) . I tried asking both BTP or Silk road if anymore would be available but alas no.. so my options are pitched perfect and hope that I can join them in their camp ( during the day/night but sleep obvs in pitched perfect)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,456 ✭✭✭Blisterman

So am I right in saying there's going to be no craft beer on offer at all? Just Five Lamps.

Really disappointed if so. Because the whole festival was sold to me on the basis that it's the one festival with decent beers.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Paddez

If it's anything like last year (and it is according to the site map) - all the prepitched tents are in the same area.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Asked Marathon Coaches if they do a single bus ticket back on Saturday and they said no, its only return tickets. Quite expensive bus tickets for the day trippers. Its 40euro return then a taxi from town which is another 25euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭alwayswright

I paid for a return ticket last year just to get the bus one way home on the Sunday and they didn't even check my ticket 😭

only 5 lamps? their lager isn't the worst but do they even do anything else?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,756 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

They did an IPA at B&S last year so I'd imagine that'll be back, it's not bad.

Whiplash for me the first year was a real treat, pity they didn't stick around

• Registered Users Posts: 4 sarah.murphy08

Have 2 many djs moved to the Friday now? Clashes With jungle according to the app!! I thought they were on Saturday 😳

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

I think they were always Friday. Soulwax were originally playing in Orbital’s slot on the Saturday before they canceled.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

thisispopbaby from 11pm-3am on the Saturday should play a lot of the same tunes as mother DJs.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭DanielSwords

stage times for strawberry arena and puc fada on the app now. Hoping there’s some late night disco/house on somewhere late Friday.Looking quite heavy after folamour finishes

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Ruanmcg

I’ve seen a few DJs posting that they’re playing on instagram that aren’t on the schedule yet, I reckon there’ll be pretty good options for late night stuff on Friday and Saturday. DJ called JWY is playing on the Friday as part of the Rathaus takeover, saw her at Open Ear a couple of weeks ago and she was unreal, had the place on wheels. Efa O’Neill and Chord Memory are also apparently playing on the Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Ruanmcg

Just seen that the Bahay catering thing are gonna have their own area with DJs, there’ll be some good tunes played there

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

@Ruanmcg Cheers for the jwy/rathaus recommendation - does she favour a particular genre?

Would leave to hear some more Irish dj recommendations, particularly if it's something outside of the more usual house/tech house/techno space - although those are welcome too!

For anyone needing something to fill their Saturday afternoon, do not miss James Holden is my advice - he was amazing when touring with his band The Animal Spirits at Body and Soul in 2018. He may be solo at BTP - I still expect great things.

Not sure how best to describe his tunes - Resident Advisor bio calls him a "psychedelic shaman" and in interviews he said his new album was inspired by “dreaming of what raves would be like when I could finally escape and become a New Age traveller”.

Nice one. Efa O Neill got the weekend off to a great start at Body and Soul last year, should be good

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Caseygrent

Anyone that's been before know what time you have to leave camp on the Monday?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Gary Ibbotson

Anybody who went previous years know if the Google maps route from Dublin is actually the fastest/best?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Toast

There's instructions for what to stick into Google Maps on the site. Don't just try navigate to the estate as you'll get turned back. https://www.itsbeyondthepale.ie/travel

Advertisement