Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,958 ✭✭✭furiousox

I wanted to get a cheap 42mm GMT for work/holidays.

Looked at a few options and settled on this one.

Build quality is ok, (strap is a bit rattly) but overall ok for 100 quid.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭H_Lime

For the seiko heads I thought I'd just throw this up here, hope that's OK.

This is the chap I and many modders have being using for years for most oem parts https://www.skx009.com/shop/ skx009

He has recently floated this site so it's still a work in progress. He was selling on Ali as "db" but they've tightened up on oem, hence this site. He's reliable, informed and sells actual oem only. Considerably cheaper than the AD. For instance...

Seiko turtle bracelet is 99 dollars shipped and Samuri bracelet is 109 dollars shipped.... Might be of use to some.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,318 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

In a surprise trade offer last night, I got my old Polar explorer back 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 5,587 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Some eclectic style mix there but nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭893bet

Bit of Vacheron today (no additional jewellery on this wrist)!

off topic but how the **** can iPhone camera be so bad. It’s like they got worse the last 5 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭rx8

Tbf, it captured the freckles on your arm and wrist perfectly, the watch part however, is terrible. Beautiful watch though.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Out and about earlier;

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,685 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I've been wearing this all week on the "modern" Omega bracelet with micro adjust. I've mentioned before that the new style bracelet's SEL doesn't fit the older style lugs. Proper 1st world issue 😉

The Mrs & I are away for a few days in Achill early next week and despite putting new shoes on my Sinn Divers? I'll probably end up with this on my wrist for the break too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭scwazrh

still looks good even with spud camera.

I fully believe that every time a new iPhone is released the iOS update deliberately makes the current iPhone model worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭dakar

Hunter gathering for dinner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,656 ✭✭✭micks_address

They are designed to be idiot proof..just saying

I moved from an iPhone 8 to a 13 this year. 13 lasted two months and went to a 14.

8 camera focus far better.

ah designed for idiots. No wonder I have trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭jefferson73

• Registered Users Posts: 4,420 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

I need something new

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

Any inklings as to what you might be after? Or is it just need something new-itis?

After all my humming and hawing a out watch to wear for the mini-break? Laziness won out and it's my ProMaster jp3050-55 on wrist.

Partly because I moved so little over the weekend that my Omega stopped at 8.10am today🤣 and mostly because I plan on being a vegetable as long as possible 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭Iguarantee

I ultimately went with a 2nd hand 2020 Breitling SuperOcean 44 from Chrono24: €2800 delivered, nearly flawless condition.

I’m very happy, it’s quite understated but I can feel the quality in every part of it, especially how the bracelet feels.

Good experience buying from C24, seller cut the price based on my suggested price but didn’t reply when I asked them about shipping. Watch shipped at 05:00 Monday and delivered 11:00 Tuesday, very quick.

I’ve an iPhone 15 Pro Max but Boards seems to reduce image quality; the watch looks excellent in person, I’m unsure if this translates to this post though.

The matt green is very nice. I had considered a new SuperOcean 44 in the new style but I viewed it in two AD’s over the last fortnight and the lack of a date window combined with the ~€1200 uplift in price over the one I bought really worked against it. It’s also much more polished and flashier than the watch I bought, more bling than tool, so it wasn’t for me.

Quite a strange experience to buy a watch for that amount, close to 10x what I’ve previously paid for a watch. I am a firm believer that you (generally) get what you pay for though.

Post edited by Iguarantee on

• Registered Users Posts: 7 RJBreslin

a “little” Russian pilots watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

Out enjoying the sun with doggo.

Keeping to theme of Sinns on rubber, here's my efforts today.

In a related tangent, I came within a whisker of buying the below just now. Unfortunately someone beat me to it. I know I should be moving up the tiers rather than sideways but, I think this version of the 356 with the guilloche dial is a cracking piece. I had clicked out of the post to check my account balance and when I'd gone back in, it had sold 🤦‍♀️

https://www.reddit.com/r/Watchexchange/comments/1dl2vgp/wts_sinn_356_flieger_iii_sa_sapphire_silver/

I am looking upon it as money saved and telling myself that it all counts towards a Breguet XXI somewhere down the road🤔

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,656 ✭✭✭micks_address

The Willard on crafter blue. Still waiting on uncle Seiko rubber to arrive

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0C9ZSGQR7?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

• Registered Users Posts: 5,587 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

If Fliegers are your watch this Sinn is very smooth looking, sweet!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Stuck in a roadworks traffic jam earlier, rocking it very old school(and not just the car). 😁

I love summer evenings and the stretch in them. I fooking hate winter with a vengeance. Just went out to the car and close the gates and even this late it seems there's still quite a bit of UV doing its thang. 😮🙂

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭IrishPlayer

1983 my grandfather receiving his Tissot Seastar after 25 years of service at Unidare cables finglas

The watch that got me interesting in watchmaking

41 Years later, I receive a watch after 2 years at Bremont

Bremont Airco Mach 2.

Decided to give it to gift it to my Mam, got a special engraving on the case back to thank her for the support.

Honestly can't believe it's been two years already! Huge Thank you everyone for the support over the years, I'll do my best to keep everyone updated on future endeavors

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭RMDrive

You BETTER keep us up to date 😀. It's been great to follow your journey so far and to vicariously live the life of a watchmaker-in-training. Fair play to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭jefferson73

Rarely put this on, should of fixed the date.

This again today, though I slapped a Bund style strap on it. I get the Bund hate, but feckit, I care not a jot. 😁 Tbh it's really comfortable and wears well on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭H_Lime

Out picnicking with the youngins. Bezel insert picking up a few honest marks which I wholly approve of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭Iguarantee

Superb lume on the SuperOcean 44, even the second hand has lume.

Post edited by Iguarantee on

Advertisement