Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else feel ashamed of getting the Covid shots?

Options
  • 18-06-2024 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Dunno, I regret getting the shots and feel like I was bullied into taking a pharmaceutical product that was useless to me and in some cases harmful to others. I don’t refer to it as a vaccine anymore as to call it a vaccine stretches the meaning of the word imo. I guess I wish I had stood up more as I knew at the time that something was off with the whole thing and that the shots didn’t do what they said on the tin and that the maligning and social stigmatisation of the ‘unvaxxed’ was an ugly social phenomenon pushed principally by the media and politicians.

**Threadbans**

CalamariFritti

Snowcat

Post edited by Ten of Swords on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,305 ✭✭✭✭endacl

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,699 ✭✭✭Allinall

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

100% no.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HazeDoll

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Sconsey

No….also you don't understand the meaning of the word 'vaccine' by the looks of it, maybe take a break from the social media and conspiracy sites.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭Shoog

• Registered Users Posts: 14,985 ✭✭✭✭elperello

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

No!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Santan

I never got measles, I should never have got the vaccine, but seriously I know where you are coming from, my mate only today said he never got the covid vax and people were duped into getting it. I did by the way, thought it was the right thing to do

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭JamBur

No, there wasnt a huge outbreak of debilitating cases because most normal people took the vaccine.

As said previously, lay off the fake news being spread by conspiracy nut jobs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭Baybay

No

• Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I don't feel ashamed, but in hindsight I'm not sure I would if I knew then what I know now.

The vaccine had it's purpose. The outcomes in phase 2 etc were much better and I believe that was a direct result of the vaccines. However I was in my early 40s with no comorbidities. I was not a high risk for serious issues from Covid. The main reason I got it was because I believed that it posed zero risk to me and because I believed that it would stop transmission and protect my elderly loved ones. That first point is debatable, and the second point was a flat out lie.

But why would I be ashamed that I was lied to and believed it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭tohaltuwi

No.

For a time SARS CoV2 was a potentially deadly disease for many, it took up weeks of ventilator space per patient seriously affected. Vaccines played a part into making it a more benign disease for most.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,916 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Get off the oul Facebook conspiracy groups OP, they clearly do your head no good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Tork

Why are you even thinking about Covid and Covid vaccines 3½ years later? Nobody cares apart from conspiracy nuts who can't move past 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,213 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

They were a bit of a waste of time I think. Always a couple of variants behind what's actually circulating

• Registered Users Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭Shoog

They accelerated the build up of systemic resistance which short circuited the lethality of the disease. Well worth having the vaccine for the greater public good.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,747 ✭✭✭✭banie01

No, not at all. They blunted a serious epidemic risk and did it in absolutely record time.

Its always healthy to ask questions OP but, for the sake of your mental health, be better at where and who you accept answers from. The "just asking questions" crowd that thrive on FB, telegram and the likes, rarely have answers that stand scrutiny or an understanding of evidence that hasn't been skewed.

Science isn't perfect, and on occasion what's been thought correct has been overturned by new research. The thing is though, the reason it works? Is that it depends on evidence and it's repeatability in experiments and secondary research.

Being sceptical and inquisitive matters, I won't knock anyone for that, but if your scepticism leads you down the path of hypothesis and baseless claims based on "Big pharma" or the "WEF"? It's probably going to your mental health more harm than good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭nachouser

Grifty youtubers aren't that great at the auld science, op.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Photobox

Not ashamed but felt pressured into getting them which I was not comfortable with at the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Sconsey

..as I knew at the time that something was off with the whole thing and that the shots didn’t do what they said on the tin…

What exactly did it say on the tin that the shots did not do? Contrary to Twitter-experts claiming Pfizer lied, the facts do not back-up the Twitter outrage….

https://www.reuters.com/fact-check/preventing-transmission-never-required-covid-vaccines-initial-approval-pfizer-2024-02-12/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭MacDanger

No

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭kyote00

no. And my 5g is **** brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 25,407 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

nope, never got Covid and haven’t even had a single symptom of a cold / virus since.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,305 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I presume the aul’ thread isn’t going the way you thought it would OP? 😂😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

No. I never caught covid. No colds or flu either - I always get the flu vac every year

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭teediddlyeye

My father had polio as a child, was lucky he could walk. Not a lot of people alive in Ireland today would have seen it first hand. Can't imagine anyone who would've seen the lack of muscle in his legs would hesitate taking the vaccine.

Anti vaxxers need a serious slap.

"I never thought I was normal, never tried to be normal."- Charlie Manson

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

its shocking to see that some people still dont understand how vaccination works…….

this might be one of the stupidest threads on this website, but no i dont feel 'ashamed' and anyone with any sort of brain in their head shouldnt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,062 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

The number one thing you could do at the time to reduce your risk of getting infected and passing on covid was to get vaccinated. Zero reason to be ashamed, zero reason to doubt you made the right call at the time.

In the early trials against alpha variant, it stopped transmission, because if you aren't infected, you can't pass it on.

Subsequent research showed the protection to be less than that, and less against later variants. But even then, vaccinated people were less likely to get infected and cleared infection from their systems more quickly than unvaccinated.

There was no lie, it was overtaken by events \ variants \ waning resistance.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Advertisement