Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things that annoy you - Mod Note in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,903 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

• Registered Users Posts: 7,581 ✭✭✭suvigirl

Was at one of those outdoor launderettes trying to dry some stuff, a woman came along with 2 dog beds........straight into the machine, which clearly Says No Animal Bedding.....😠

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭Vote4Squirrels

Oh it would be totally worth it!!! Though if my dog ever asks - rescue greyhounds for a 200 euro donation are WELL better!!!

Started a task in work and thought I'll just work away and then stop for a late lunch - I stopped at half three! I'm stiff, hungry and I need a pee!!

I sometimes wish I could be a slacker - damn Irish work ethic!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,258 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Had made a nice little lunch for myself which I had planned to eat at some stage mid-morning.

However, somehow, this morning I threw my bag into a different van, which is identical to mine and parked right next to it. Complete brain-fart. Didn't even have a bottle of water to keep me going (nor my wallet to stop in a shop en route). I was starving by the time I finished.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,649 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Forgot to use them again today. I'm pretty sure I'm having a brain event of some description.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Wrap them around your bank card, it usually works for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,903 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I’ve been moaning about health issues and fatigue . But maybe it’s just the Euro’s are on and I’ve decided to take a month off from my busy schedule of sitting to watch every game . And when I say watch every game I mean watch them in my underwear 😷

• Registered Users Posts: 9,180 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Was listening to Newstalk last week, a few radio presenters were talking about Ardal O Hanlon, Tommy Tiernan and Patrick Kielty meeting the pope. something to do with the pope wanting to meet comedians to make him seem more cool or something.

One of the female presenters who seemed to be brought on to talk about this topic, said she wasnt sure if the pope knew that Ardal O Hanlon played fr Dougal in Fr Ted, she said I must check that out and see if he knows about Fr Ted 🤦‍♂️ You could google that in a minute and find it out, why are you on this show telling us about it not knowing what the hell you are talking about? how lazy and incompetent are you?

Then later she says "I think its hilarious that the pope has a great sense of humor and is meeting Ardal O Hanlon knowing he played Fr Dougal on Fr Ted". You just said you didnt know if he knew, how is she being paid to do that job?

People accusing anyone who doesn’t like the ITV football pundit Eni Aluko as “racist”.

Not so, she is bloody awful; her colour does not enter into it.

See Mel Jones, Ebony Railsford-Brent, Isa Guha and others who cover cricket - all women of colour, all experts in their field and all bloody entertaining to watch.

It’s a lazy insult and does no one any favours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

A female presenter on Radio Kerry yesterday, talking about a politician using the term 'Girls' for females that were elected, she went on to say that is was about the tone being used and the person saying it, as in 'girl' is ok for certain people-my thinking is that any word takes on a different meaning when used in a certain tone, be it man, woman, female, male. lady, gentleman.

She went on to talk about 'ladies football' that ladies is not used correctly, as it's far from a 'ladylike' sport, I nearly spat my tea. I know lots of 'ladies' involved in physical sports, they are definitely ladies, but it not because they do or don't play sport.

What pot the icing on the cake for me was, in her next breath, she was introducing a 'female' who had a problem on a beach over the weekend, the wording she chose was, "our next topic is about a 'lady' that was on a beach over the weekend." How do we know she's a lady? how does the presenter know she's a 'lady?

This bloody political correctness is gone around in circles.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,150 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Think that was on Anton Savage? Usually they bring in these brains trust types like Amanda Brunker and Babs Scully to shíte talk through the papers and scrapings from the net.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,171 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭Bredabe

The flyer that came in with the phone bill, digital stamps! wtf.

See also from the same co, a 5.99 fee pm to send a paper bill and 2.00 fee pm bc he cant set up a dd with his disability.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

I'll never see 50 again and if anyone wants to call me a girl please do so loudly and often!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,649 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

The school behind me seems to have given up entirely at any pretence of teaching, the kids are out in the yard all day, every day and have been for weeks. The noise is getting progressively more Lord of the Flies-esque in both tone and volume.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,278 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

people that to gain some attention and pleasure out of life they need to say or do things with the sole intention of just provoking a certain reaction out of other people.

You see it everywhere, I’ve an elderly relative and if you say black, they’ll say white and the following time you see them they’ll contradict what they’ve previously told you… so there is now general ambivalence from people as regards wanting to spend any time with them….

Lack of manners - I've got a banjaxed leg at the minute and standing can be a problem.

Lovely young man stood up on the LUAS to let me sit down and a kid ran into it and sat down - youngun said "I stood up for that lady, can you stand up please ?" - got told to fck off and the parent laughed.

I heard that. The day before they were talking about Barry keegan being annoyed at being called a hot rat. The same woman said "ah he should just get over it, it's no big deal. " so it's OK to call someone a rat but not girl. I think she is just jealous as she is too old to be called a girl now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,402 ✭✭✭Tork

Kids wielding hurleys and sliotars this time of the year. They bring their hurleys with them when they hang around with their friends, then randomly wallop the sliotar against the walls as they go along. I wonder how many cars have been damaged by these wannabe intercounty stars.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

This used to happen me years ago in Chicago when I would work on music. I would start out on a track and somehow time would pass and I'd sort of snap out of focus and realise it was dark, I was cold, hungry and in need of the facilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

I don't know much about her, but I was close enough to ringing in and telling them what was what, but It would have had to be anonymous and I'd be recognized easy enough, so not worth the hassle of writing/texting in.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,930 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Businesses that don't seem to want to do business! I have tried three different ways so far to contact this particular one.

Must find out how carrier pigeons work… 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 25,278 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

phone notifications……

I’m set up for notifications from certain social media, from messaging apps, from certain sports teams….all of which I selected and agreed to whatever t&c’s

Now I’ve a notification here from setlist.fm via google…a music/gig site which I have in the past accessed…. I do not have their app on my phone, I have never to my knowledge signed up or provided any phone details, I occasionally just browse sooooo… why would I be getting notifications to read their content from google ? To my phone ? 🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 11,258 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Our depot would be very busy with outgoing parcels every evening. The vast majority would either be those plastic packaging used by boutiques or various sized cardboard boxes with light goods inside. We have everything stored in containers ready to go well in advance of the lorry coming down to collect them so there's as little delay as possible.

However, there is one local company in the heavy machinery industry that very often pop down at the last minute, and nearly all their outgoing parcels are heavy duty. For example, today they had a fecking seat for a crane that must have weighed 40KG. The containers are already loaded, where the feck am I going to store that, without squishing and more than likely damaging other (paying) customers goods? The effort of making room when it was already all systems go.

Like, they are literally a two-minute drive from the depot, all they have to do is call in earlier in the day if they have particularly heavy stuff, so we can load them first and build any subsequent parcels around it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭apache

False eyelashes and pumped up lips...terrible 😒

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭apache

Advertisement