Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2024 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭wazzzledazzle

Overcast and relatively cool for mid June. Has been a rather dissappointing start to Summer. Charts not exuding confidence of anything fantastic further down the line. Hopefully transition over the coming days.

10c N Kildare

Still i'm hopeful for a good July

• Registered Users Posts: 13,426 ✭✭✭✭fits

well some photos came up in my memories of a trip to Connemara two years ago. It was sunny but absolutely Baltic with a strong north wind. We were camping. So this is not necessarily unusual. It’s just been a long time since we had really nice weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

for about 2 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Raining

11° Meath.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭gilly1910

Another grey miserable cold day here in Dublin, current temperature a balmy 12 degrees. Hard to believe the longest day of the year is only three days away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭squarecircles

Buried under Slate grey stratus cloud sheild, and a nagging cold northerly wind, heat turned on, wearing a fleece lined winter jacket, it must be mid summer in Ireland

Forecast outlook has changed again, yesterday it was an improving picture, today uncertainty with the high breaking down.

Am done, wud wreck your head, off to book a flight away from this nitemare.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,166 ✭✭✭pad199207

Pick somewhere warm and thundery for me please

No certainty in the models although nothing to be overly optimistic about. Couple of days could reach early 20's but nothing of significance. Next few days will be crucial to see how July is going to start

• Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭OldRio

Cool morning with a strongish wind. Dark cloudy sky. Leitrim.

On a side note, plants and vegetables are really struggling this year. Very poor growth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,884 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

On the south coast, several days of clouds and sun. We've been very lucky looking at the rest of the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,102 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

back after 4.5 weeks in north of spain, where it wasn't hot bar a few days but we had some nice weather, a mixed bag of some rain, clouds, but you'd get lovely weather consistently too.

coming in on the boat to rosslare yesterday weather was gorgeous but the closer we got to the shore you could see ireland just had cloud over it as far as you could see lol.

am just glad it's not windy or raining, but i wonder when the next time i see the sun will be. cold in the house today too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,128 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Yep June 2023 broke all records. Warmest June on record.

Athenry and Shannon Airport experienced 27 consecutive days with maximum air temperatures > 20C (Ended 24th June).

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

it’s bloody cold today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭aidanodr

Carrigaline .. south coast Co. Cork .. grey skys, cold .. met dot ie says 16C FEELS LIKE 13c .. yip its the latter.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Banarol

A disappointing mediocre 12 months was to follow, but at least it’s dried out a good bit since May.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Very cold today

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Hairypoppins

Today looks to be last day of these autumnal conditions, feeling warmer from tomorrow onwards early next week looks even warmer with the arrival of the azores so hang on in there everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭adocholiday

Yeah there's a serious lack of growth this year. I did a lot of planting this year and nothing is taking off, they're hardly any better than when they went into the ground weeks ago. Even the lawn has only had a handful of cuts this year so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,003 ✭✭✭pauldry

Ya 13.7c today so a tad above yesterday. Its been quite dry with the freezing weather so thats a plus. Ironically it may become wetter here when the warm temperatures hit the South and East though I'm sure we'll get a couple of days out of it. Temperatures in the 20s next week and above our 16.7c high so far to end this week.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

It's very cold today, everyone in winter clothing. GFS 12z rolling out and next week onwards looks much warmer.

drier sunnier and warmer? Or just warmer Gonzo?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭appledrop

Ah lads enough is enough, I've the heating on again tonigh it's been so cold all day.

Today wasn't forecast to be like this, it was meant to be sunny and about 18 degrees.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Another dry day

Not the warmest, but dry. Good drying

Have been in shorts since May 1st, every day so maybe I don't feel the cold others are talking about

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I gave in and had to put on the heating, house is like an icebox, I don't think I've ever felt the house this cold in summer ever. Thankfully I think today is the last day of this prolonged cold spell and much warmer weather is on the way particularly from the weekend onwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,571 ✭✭✭kingshankly

bitter today had to wear two pairs of shorts 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Cool one. Opted for lomg sleeves for evening run. Fridays forecast......do we know what time the front is to pass the East. Will it be warm rain 🤣 Concert in Aviva Friday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,336 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

June 18th and I’ve the poxy heating on!
    Could do with a blast of warmth and sun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

I also have the heat on this evening - a very cool day today, but I don't mind really once it's dry. I will enjoy a few 20C days to come, but only if it's dry. I hope Friday is the extent of the warm rain!

Advertisement