Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else feel ashamed of getting the Covid shots?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Hontou

I'm in hospital at the moment with complications which may be linked to the vaccine, apparently. I never got Covid but if I did my health may be worse. I think both Covid and the vaccine were bad for us but taking the vaccine was the lesser of two evils, it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,289 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I'm ashamed - for the OP….

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭snowcat

More to the point really is have you kept taking the vaccine? Seems to be a large proportion who took the first one under duress and suffered pretty bad side effects, possibly worse than Covid symptoms. Id say uptake is tiny for latest variant. Are the majority of people now vaccine sceptic?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

Tallaght Hospital closed to visitors due to a seven ward spread of Covid…….keep getting the jabs lads !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Bellbottoms

Are you a troll, or an actual crazy person?

EDIT: I have just looked at your post history. Aside from COVID and not believing the moon landings happened. It also looks like you are a pretty **** landlord. You are indeed a crazy person.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭Jellybaby_1

No, not ashamed, just sad that I had to attend so many funerals.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭Ezeoul

NO

• Registered Users Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

It didnt do me any harm so no regrets and certainly not ashamed. I had covid a couple of times since and it wasnt a big deal. Was it because of the vaccine that it wasnt a big deal? Possibly but I somehow doubt it. We will never know and plenty seem very happy with that.

But the way it went and the way it was pushed with the threats and false promises certainly left a bad taste. As did most other 'symptoms' of the covid years. I dont care what anyone says none of it was anything to be proud of. Some sh1tshow this was and it deeply rocked my trust in government, institutions, media, supposed democracy and law and free speech and all the rest of it.

It also made me see for all our believe how cultivated and educated we are as a people when the right buttons are being pressed we will follow and shout for anything no matter how implausible and outright fvckwitted under the scrutiny of daylight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭jackboy

It looks like Covid is here to stay unfortunately and we will permanently be exposed to wave after wave. Luckily due to vaccines and infections herd immunity is now excellent. The variants will keep coming but will mostly be dangerous for the vulnerable only I hope.

So are you up to date on your vaccines and if not why not? Are you a bit crazy too?

• Advertisement

It looks like Covid is here to stay unfortunately and we will permanently be exposed to wave after wave. Luckily due to vaccines and infections herd immunity is now excellent. The variants will keep coming but will mostly be dangerous for the vulnerable only I hope.

That was always the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Sono

exactly this, the only people still talking about Covid are the loopers

Questioning Science is one of the fundamentals of advancement of science. And I actually am a brilliant and highly successful landlord and never once had an rtb complaint with over 60 sitting happy tenants.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Bellbottoms

Of course I am up to date.

I am not going to engage with you any further. I do not think it is healty for you. I would suggest that other posters do not engage with you and indulge you in your fantasies.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭gneel

I was against vaccine passports because I didn't think it would convince anyone to get the vaccine. Turns out I was wrong. Nice to know they actually worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭GSBellew

Where are these grey / green people? I have not seen any of these

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

no..

am in the biotech space. What we saw early is what the world was like without one vaccine.

The crap I had to put up with was astonishing.. even from close friends.. and then throw in all the cancer conspiracy crap..

the whole thing also gave me an opportunity to dump a few “mates”

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

that is hilarious alright..grey and green people

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Am I still vaccinated or do I need a booster to stay immune? I got it whenever everyone else did. I had covid before getting vaccine though.

I know covid still out there, not that I ever think about it, but if I'm not protected now (vaccine worn off, is that how it works?) what was the point in the first place?

I don't regret doing it, just wondering was there much point? I wouldn't be vulnerable category at all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,638 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

And their mantra used to be "people need to get on with their lives".

And they are still stuck into utterly debunked garbage conspiracies incapable of letting go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭mulbot

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Got three shots. Over four years later, I haven't Covid once. My wife's had it two or three times, as have numerous friends, colleagues and extended family members.

Just a few weeks ago, there was an outbreak among my friends. Five people I'd been out with several days in a row got it, as did my wife.

I still haven't had it once. I can't help but think the vaccine helped because there's no other way that I can explain it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Not one bit ashamed. In fact I'm delighted that my partner & I can now communicate over long distances using our embedded 5G chips and with my fluorescent grey/green head I no longer need a hi vis when out cycling.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Luna84

I got two or three shots spaced out(year or what ever the time limit was)and each time I got sick the next day. Tbh I doubt I would take another shot of the vaccine. And the other mad thing my sister is just back from a work trip to Asia and caught covid again. She either caught it on the flight or while over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭growleaves

Presume this thread was started because of the case in the news recently before the US 9th Circuit Court of Appeals where in arguments the CDC's statements were used to show the vaccines were not vaccines, conferring no immunity and only (allegedly) mitigating symptoms.

That meets the traditional definition of a medical treatment, not a vaccine.

Link

Excerpts:

"Here, however, plaintiffs allege that the vaccine does not effectively prevent spread but only mitigates symptoms for the recipient and therefore is akin to a medical treatment, not a “traditional” vaccine. Taking plaintiffs’ allegations as true at this stage of litigation, plaintiffs plausibly alleged that the COVID-19 vaccine does not effectively “prevent the spread” of COVID-19."

"Plaintiffs suggest, it mitigates symptoms for someone who has gotten it and then gets COVID-19. But this makes it a medical treatment, not a vaccine. Plaintiffs’ complaint supports these assertions with data and statements from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). For example, Plaintiffs claim that the CDC changed the definition of “vaccine” in September 2021, striking the word “immunity.” Thus, they argue, the CDC conceded that the COVID-19 vaccine is not a “traditional vaccine.” They also cite CDC statements that say the vaccine does not prevent transmission, and that natural immunity is superior to the vaccine. LAUSD moved for judgment on the pleadings, requesting judicial notice of the attached CDC information. This included information about the COVID-19 death count and number of cases, as well as the vaccine’s safety and effectiveness. For example, the CDC says that “COVID-19 vaccines are safe and effective. The district court granted LAUSD’s motion."

"At this stage, we must accept Plaintiffs’ allegations that the vaccine does not prevent the spread of COVID-19 as true."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭growleaves

It is a current affair in 2024 because lawsuits related to vaccine (so-called) 'mandates' are still being dealt with in the courts.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,915 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Any examples of people 'destroying lives'? What exactly are you on about?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Yes, never needed it and had heart issues after 2nd dose for a few months.

Seem to be ok now, but will never have the same trust in doctors as I did before.

The fact people are still defending this bs vaccine (doesn't prevent transmission - looks like it barely eases covid)

in June 2024 is astounding … they have really been brainwashed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

"Barely eases Covid" isn't accurate, sorry. And I'm speaking as someone who agrees with you on the loss of faith in the system.

I work in the health service and the vaccine absolutely made a huge improvement on the vulnerable sector, older or those with comorbitities.

For the young and otherwise healthy though, I don't think it was needed for the most part.

Advertisement