Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car insurance - tell us your quotes/renewals

Options
1181182183184185187»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Hibernicis

Just be careful that the policy terms and cover you get from the OBS quote are the same as those you already have. Zurich's broadest cover is offered by their "Comprehensive Plus" package. The quote generated via OBS will give "Comprehensive" which omits some of the items that are included under "Comprehensive Plus"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,003 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Easy enough to select comprehensive plus when on the Zurich website, in my case it was only an extra €30, well worth the money. I have full NCB protection too, got stung once with step back protection, won't be getting stung again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Hibernicis

Agree with all that. The issue is that "Comprehensive Plus" isn't an option when getting a Zurich quote via OBS, that quote is issued with the regular "Comprehensive" cover only. Hence my post making people aware of this and ensuring that they are comparing like with like.

Very true. Certainly worth pointing out, in fairness to Zurich it's a well laid out website which helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Wouldn't even get me an online quote with OBS… But First Ireland have given me the lowest so far, €877 on initial quote (lowest initial) and when they rang 10 minutes later, we got it down to €775. May be good for some. Cheapest I've managed so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

What's OBS?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭lalababa

Licence 25yrs, full ncb, 20yr old 1L hatchback. Comp with no ncb protection. No opendrive. Was with axa for a few years generally around 450 (stepback + opendrive). This year 570 so searched around and found aig through chill for 430. Talked to axa firmly , they could only go to 540. Couldn't find the 430 quote reference so had to take 475 from chill/aig. Probably will go back to axa next year🙄.

What's the story (ive found) with comp insurance on a 20000 euro car being 200 cheaper than comp on a 1000euro car? In what world does that make sense....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Wake me up when it's all over.

One big switch. You sign up to them and receive emails with deals on insurance, BB, electricity etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭in2dark

I called them, gave them the quote number from the OBS and they informed me about the comprehensive plus cost (extra 40 euros)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭dasa29

Age 48

Car 2012 Toyota Yaris

Claim free 5 years

Points free

Comprehensive

Last year €419.70 (includes protected NCD at 49.97) AXA

This year €464.08 (includes protected NCD at €59.40) AXA

Also mentioned other cover option

Third Party fire & Theft: €451.76

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Did you ring them. I always get something off from AXA even if its 5%.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭dasa29

Not yet only got the Quote today in the post, so I will look around first and see how I get on with other companies regarding Quotes.

Update, somehow managed to get a quote of €650 online with 123.ie, so I recommend give them a try. Lowest I'll likely get going on searching for the last month. Fully comp, full NCB protection, all the usual extras, breakdown assist, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,016 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Age 44

Also wife age 25 with a provisional as a named driver

Car 2023 Megane Etech

Claim free 5 years

Points free

Comprehensive

€380 with Aviva Direct

Was 800+ with getsetgo last year

• Registered Users Posts: 21 routetoot

20 year old driver with 2 years clean driving under belt under own policy. (1k with liberty in year 1 and same in year 2. )

Quotes for Fully Comp:

An Post 4300
    Nearly everyone else 1500-3600
    Zurich with the 20% code 1260 (added on some extras)
    Zurich with a black box from 645 (didn't enquire about this offer so not sure what it entails)

Allianz 745 (added some extras - about 830). Went with this one.

In the end, got Full comp with all the bells and whistles including Full NCB protection and step back for €617. Aviva of all people. Quotes came down to below €800 the last few days, most likely vying to get my custom 2 days before it renews. Thought getting earlier quotes would be cheaper, appears to not be the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭raxy

I've heard at the end of the month can be a good time as they have targets to meet so you can get a deal as they jus want the sales. I've never noticed much difference when I'm looking though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,355 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Last Year: 367.93 (for a Passat 11 1.6 TDI)

This year: 366.87 (for an Octavia 172 1.0 TSI)

Through Allianz fully comp. Good renewal quote but I would have expected it to go down a bit more with the newer car. Also didn’t budge on price over the phone.

Went with Zurich OBS for 362 with a better level of comp cover than Allianz.

What do you think of the Octavia? I bought one new, sadly it turned out to be the worst car I ever owned, it was DSG.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,355 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Mine is probably at least a gen behind yours but yea, lovely car and 1.0 petrol surprisingly nippy. Bit of boomy cabin noise though.

Sorry I meant I bought it in October 2017, one of the first of the FL cars. I never cracked 50 mpg in it when others with identical cars were boasting 60 even 70 mpg.

Advertisement