Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl Parkside 20V 1000M2 robot mower review

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭mcauleydjm

The cover triggers an emergency stop warning too - worth checking its OK too. As @SchrodingersCat mentioned they are magnet based, as are the bump detectors.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Fermanagh Matt

Hi folks

Great thread with tons of useful information thanks

We set ours up in a test area just to ensure it wasn't rubbish and need to go straight back. Plus we were having some garden work finished off before we could do a proper install.

We've been really impressed with it, we have a couple of the huskvarna ones so already quite familiar with robot mowers

I've just moved the Lidl one to the area it will be staying in, fitted the boundary wiring and switched it back on

As soon as it asks for the pin it's then saying emergency stop and gives me no other options.

It's not fully charged (78%) and has been moved to a new location. Does it need some kind of reset or anything else obvious I could try?

Some of the area is sloped and I'm not sure the Lidl mower will cope so rather than have to dig up loads of wire I did a quick basic job and just removed the mower blades so the wire doesn't get cut (the logic being that if the mower can navigate the area I'll then properly bury the cable. Would there lack of blades cause the emergency stop?

Any advice appreciated thanks

Sorry ignore that essay, it was working by the time I finished typing it

• Registered Users Posts: 6 coldfire84

Has anyone figured out the schedule / work time?

I had it set to the default 9-12 and 13-16. But I would often find it out after 16. I have the work time set to 1 hour.

My logic is that it will not start a run after the finish times.

Also if the mower turns off eg. if it gets stuck and you don't catch it in time you have to reset the schedule each time. Anyone know how to solve this?

Docking is hit and miss but like others have said I have put the boundary wire slightly to the right of the notch and it works 90% of the time.

Post edited by coldfire84 on

Ive not figured it out either, and docking seems quite hit and miss but generally it's all working good enough.

I wouldn't want to rely on the scheduling for anything important, initially we planned to allow it access to our dogs area of lawn but had to rethink that now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 aman1

Hi I have the parkside was working so well until I decided I better set up the docking correctly as up to now I have to return to charge manually.

After I went at it am now getting loop signal lost 😭 cannot figure out what is wrong as there is no visible break in cable, could it be internal in the cable?

Also green flashing light does anyone who's mower is working know what this means?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2 aman1

Hi all a flashing green light on the charge station what does that mean ??

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Peteris

It means that the loop signal is lost. The first thing to check would be the pins in the charging base. Mine had become lose when adjusting the wire. Just unplug it, take out the wires and stick them in again. And check are they in the correct position.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

Thanks to all for the information on this thread. I've set this up at the mother in laws and it's struggling with the bumps in her lawn (caused by years of using a ride-on mower in wet conditions).

One question I have is around the Pause button in the App. It seems to trigger the emergency stop so cannot be resumed from App after pausing from App. Is this the same with other people?

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭cuculainn

I finally got the mower connected to the app and WIFI. Got up this morning to multiple notifications of abnormal battery temperature and a red light on the docking station.

I currently have the mower to mow thursday to sunday, would the fact that the mower is docked for 3 days mean the battery is overheating?? should i send it out for a few hours everyday instead?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Peteris

Well, it works like a good little robot should work today... Not a single emergency stop. And guess what - I didn't do anything. Nothing at all... It just started mowing today at 8:00 and haven't stopped (well, just to charge ofcourse). Maybe it was just a phase...

Looks like the mower lost all the schedule settings and WiFi connection today.

Any one knows why this happens..…should I return it or are customer care worth contacting??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Technophobe

Bought 2 of the €199 ones..one still working away but the other one managed to get lost looking for home (that's what I think happened anyways) and got down to 7% charge by the time I spotted it….then was flashing up a message saying "Please replace battery"….

Got it back to charging station at that 7% level but it would not recharge for some reason?? Tried it on both stations to no avail.

Anyways has depleted itself now and will not turn back on so contacted LIDL support..see what happens….

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭SchrodingersCat

Good news! Hopefully she stays that way and doesnt throw another huff.

Might be worth swapping the two batteries and seeing if the problem follows the battery? It would save you the hassle of returning a whole mower if it turned out to be the issue.

That doesnt sound good. It shouldnt matter how long the mower is docked for. The fact that this happened at night would suggest its not getting overheated from the sun. I would guess a dodgy battery. Does the red light on the dock stop when you take the mower out of the base station? Would you have another one of them Lidl batteries that you could swap in and see if it fixes it? Maybe the mower losing its cutting schedule and wifi settings is a symptom of a completely depleted/faulty battery too.

Was thinking of doing that but wondered would that void my warranty as in opening it up??

Have oredred a battery online from Grizzly in case I decide to go that route..

You would imagine the support center would suggest sending out a battery as a first try at a solution??

The battery temp error has only happened once. charges and mows fine before and since. Always docks ok

It has however lost the schedule and secondary areas twice or three times. Messing round trying to connect to app seems to cause it, but I think it lost it for no apparent reason also.

I dont have a spare battery to try

Its a pity cause i am really happy with performance when it is running.

It shouldnt void your warranty. The mower uses the Parkside X20V family batteries, which are interchangeable between all the lidl power tools and garden equipment. They have them in their shops every couple of weeks. There are four screws holding the cover for the battery in place on the underside near the rear behind the blade disk. Even if removing this cover did void your warranty, there is no indicator on it that you did remove it that they could see.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭TheWatcher182

does anyone know if the 200 euro version is still on sale or just the 349 euro? Thank you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,250 ✭✭✭ongarite

I would imagine that all are sold & gone until next summer again. Lidl specials like this will likely be only available on day of release.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Joe555

Will the lidl robotic mower cut greater than 1000sqm.

Mine is working very well on an area of 940sqm. But there's another 400sq.m that I'd like to cut but I'm hesitant as the manual says that the mower will do 1000sqm and not to over step that area!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Joe555

Hi a third of my garden 400sq.m is left uncut as the mower is cutting 940sq.m. The instructions state that you shouldn't go over a 1000sq.m.

What do you suggest will happen if I enclose the Remaining 400sqM giving total area of 1300sqm.

Thank any suggestions.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭NeutralHandle

I imagine you would have patches where the grass is longer if you go beyond the recommended area. It takes quite a while to cover the full area. Perhaps it would risk running out of battery before it reached base to recharge as well

I have just over 1100 sqm and it does fine, no harm in trying if its easy for you to add the additional area in worth a go. My area is open with little obstacles, I'd imagine if you had a complex area to add in it might struggle with additional capacity.

Bumper removal can help with lumpy terrain.

WRT the pause function - I think if you pause for over a certain amount of time the mower turns off. That happened to me today, we had bouncy castle arrive for the children and I paused the mower, went back after and hour or so to tell it to return to the dock but it had turned off.

New battery arrived and installed and back mowing away for the present at least…Going to try to charge the battery I took out too later to see what happens…

Battery taken out of mower not charging up so faulty for good obviously…new battery still working fine so hopefully continues that way…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I bought one in my local Lidl last week. It's worth checking if your passing one if you tried before as I checked the day after they were released a few months ago and it wasn't there, so it must have been a return or something.

It's also possible/probable I'm returning it too as there was an issue with my Mams mower and I bought this as a backup if I couldn't get it going again, but I got hers working again.

Advertisement