Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LTE Sniffing

Options
  • 27-05-2024 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

I bought a SDR dongle not long ago. It's just a basic 30 euro one with a maximum capacity of 1.75 GHz.

I have been reading some forums about sniffing telephone networks and some guys with the same dongle sniff GSM networks.

They say that you can see the IMSI number of telephones connected to the networks and other information phones broadcast. However these GSM networks are decommissioned in most areas now including mine.

I was told that you can sniff 3G and 4G networks with higher end SDRs such as the HackRF and BladeRF which reach frequency levels way above 2GHz.

I was wondering if it is possible to gather the same kind of information with these higher end dongles?

Comments

Advertisement