Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else feel ashamed of getting the Covid shots?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭T.V Eye

you got a free vaccine that might have saved your health or that of others. unless you've had some massive complication from it you shouldn't feel that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Frumy

You regret it? I hope you don't get too ill from it I know others massively regret it too like a family member of mine got all the shots and had covid several times after so what was the point of the 'vaccine' then?

They now have an issue with a blod clot in their leg also and I really really wished they would have listened to me to exercise caution and be safe than sorry but you can't stop people doing what they want to do even if you know they will strongly regret it down the line.

It's all very sad but I suspect huge amounts of people regret getting it but will never admit to that so fair play on your bravery and honestly here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Sconsey

Firstly to address the ignorant part of your post: the vaccine does not prevent infection from the virus, it does reduce or eliminate the symptoms of the disease in most people. Thats the point of the vaccine.

Now to address the bullshit in your post: 'they have an issue with a blood clot'..I assume you are referring to one family member not all of them? who told them it was caused by the vaccine? I believe blood clots were in existence prior to the vaccine. Have you a shred of evidence that your family member has a clot as a result of the vaccine?

Its all very sad but I suspect huge amounts of people spout opinion as fact while ignoring the reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,068 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Sure, amazing the amount of anti vaxxers who just happen to end up knowing someone like that, isn't it?

Yes if only more people had listened to you, more people would have died. Taking the vaccine was exercising caution.

Unvaccinated people 12 years and older had 17 times the rate of COVID-associated deaths, compared to people vaccinated with a primary series and a booster dose.

Of course, if you are dead you can't regret any more can you?

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/how-to-compare-covid-deaths-for-vaccinated-and-unvaccinated-people/

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭Shoog

No one knows how anyone will respond to COVID or the COVID vaccine. Personal annedote can never show the breadth of data needed to understand the outcomes. Only large datasets and statistical analysis can show the probability of any given response. The data is clear and unambiguous that having the vaccine reduces harm, end of story and any amount of biased anecdote willnot change that.

I had the first two double shot vacines and am glad I did. I felt really bad for two days after each - but so what - that's exactly what you should feel since your body is responding to what it sees as a real infection. I have had COVID at least twice since then but but very mild doses.

From personal experience and following the scientific evidence I have absolutely no doubt I did the right thing for myself and my community.

• Advertisement

The people blocking travel and villages during covid were Gardai are you saying they were threatening to burn down holiday homes too during covid?

Who was threatening to burn holiday homes during covid exactly????

Wouldn't they be outside their 5km limit for a start if they did go to do that?

This is a very confusing post you have up.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭StormForce13

Yep, like you, I was very sorry for those two young mothers who both wanted to get bigger tits so they could keep the lads happy! It's really great that they're availing of free legal aid to challenge their detention, in the Supreme Court. As a taxpayer who will be funding their legal hi jinks, I'm hoping they'll both do their best Patricia the Stripper impersonation when the RTE cameras turn up to report on the verdict!

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Boardnashea

No

'Taking the vaccine was exercising caution'

But how? For a start the astra zeneca 'vaccine' had to be removed from market this year as they know it's ineffective and they are facing umpteen different lawsuits for deaths from grieving family members.

Dr William Makis and people have done extensive research on the covid 'vaccine' and they all find the same thing. It's linked to these 'sudden deaths' over and over and over and over and over.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/VS5AEnPwD0b5/

Even the BBC presenter Lisa Shaw has printed on her death certificate 'died due to complications of an Astra Zeneca vaccination' on it.

It really doesn't matter what I send you. The covid vaccine brainwashing and propaganda is too far ingrained in many. Covid vaccine printed on death certificates even is some 'anti vaxxer' ploy or some other delusional nonsense. They see and read story after story after story of people getting ill from it they see death certificates with covid vaccine as the cause of death etc etc and they are all dismissed immediately as 'liars' or 'anti vaxxers' it's incredibly childish and incredibly devoid of any ability to question their own cognitive biases. Like talking to a brick wall they are so far gone.

Of course, if you are dead you can't regret anymore can you?

Of course not. However the irony is here you are the one telling people to take something that could potentially kill them. Won't be me regretting it but perhaps yourself? Time will tell.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,726 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

You've crapped out a link to a random website and made claims known for a long time to be false. If you dismiss any questions as "brainwashing", you're not going to convince anyone.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭StormForce13

Countless thousands of lives saved yet some nose picker with the morality of a maggot dances cheerfully on the grave of one of a handful of victims of the vaccine. 😡

It's universally acknowledged that vaccines are inevitably going to produce a serious reaction in a very small percentage of the population. The issue here is the common good, rather than the statistical outlier. Should peanuts be banned because a very small portion of the population may die from inadvertently consuming them?

How? It was answered in the scientific evidence I provided in previous reply, which you demonstrated zero interest in engaging with. You feign ignorance of it, because you have no actual response to it.

Therefore, statement of fact - had more people listened to you, more of them would be dead. Will you be 'brave' and 'honest' (your words in previous post) to accept that in the face of the established scientific evidence? Or was that a bad faith argument?

There's only one party here ignoring the scientific evidence presented to them, and it is you.

The established scientific evidence demonstrates that the risks of covid far far outweigh the risks of vaccination AND that covid vaccination significantly reduces your risk of severe covid and death. You've provided nothing to counter that established scientific evidence.

You presented one death certificate from AZ vaccine. There was a small number. You want to start listing all the death certificates listing Covid on them? You don't seem to accept actual scientific evidence that uses statistics, you seem only to relate to individual "stories". Each of those is a story.

Also a story is each of the people who ended up in hospital, dead or in ICU because they weren't vaccinated. And again, the scientific evidence, which has been cited on the thread, demonstrates that vaccination massively reduced the risk.

Come back to us when you're finished with all those stories. And there's millions of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

I find it curious that people felt pressured to take the vaccine when no one pressured anyone everyone had a choice take it don't take it it was always upto the individual what they wanted to do

Shin

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Any vaccine will have an adverse reaction in a very small proportion of people who take it, not just the covid vaccines. Since most of the country took it, it is more likely that you might know one or two who had adverse reactions. I personally can't think of anyone I know of myself who reacted badly and everyone I know has had it. My anecdotal evidence is as representative as anyone else's, i.e. not very.
    The option at the time was to slow down Covid's spread as much as possible with the vaccines available or to allow it to run rampant for an even longer period of time than it did. Lockdowns would have gone on and on, hospitals were at breaking point, understaffed and under immense pressure. I'm not one bit ashamed to have taken the vaccine and played a small part in slowing the spread of Covid, protecting myself and those around me to whatever extent was possible at the time.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,726 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

On the subject of blood clots:

Up to and including 31 March 2021, the MHRA had received 79 UK reports of blood clotting cases alongside low levels of platelets following the use of the COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca:

• 44 of the 79 cases were of CVST with thrombocytopenia
    • 35 of the 79 cases were of thrombosis in other major veins with thrombocytopenia
    • 79 cases occurred in 51 women and 28 men, aged from 18 to 79 years. It should be noted that more women have been vaccinated with COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca than men.
    • Sadly, 19 people have died out of the 79 cases – 13 females and 6 males. 11 out of the 19 people who died were under the age of 50, 3 of whom were under 30. 14 of these 19 cases were of CVST with thrombocytopenia and 5 were of thrombosis with thrombocytopenia.
    • All 79 cases occurred after a first dose of the vaccine.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/mhra-issues-new-advice-concluding-a-possible-link-between-covid-19-vaccine-astrazeneca-and-extremely-rare-unlikely-to-occur-blood-clots

These deaths are tragic but they're also an infinitesimal minority out of millions of lives saved by the vaccine.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭growleaves

Only personal choice can determine whether to take a voluntary medical treatment that lacks one of the main features of a traditional vaccine, conferring immunity; doesn't prevent transmission; has a liability waiver to protect the manufacturer; uses experimental technology which has not been proven (totally) safe; and has been produced and put out quickly for "emergency use".

One of the outcomes is that people who had bad reactions were then told, truthfully, "Hey it was your choice!" and cannot sue companies such as Pfzier.

Given all that, how can pressuring, demonising and outright bullying people into taking it be justified - then or retroactively?

I don't get this very deranged/hate filled/response at all, are you are saying you a nose picker with the morality of a maggot who dances on graves? Who kind of headbanger even comes up with such hate filled bile?

It's so angry it doesn't even make sense. There is a certain irony in someone being incredibly evil on the internet to a total stranger and at the same point trying to shoehorn in some point about 'morality'

Imagine trying to get on your high horse about morality when you can't even be civil to people. Imagine being that actual blind and lacking in any self awareness at all. Truly incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Hi Frumy,

Can you show us where Aztra Zeneca said they were removing the vaccine form the market because they knew it was not effective?

I feel like you've just made this up, but am open to correction.

Thanks,

You must have been in a coma then.

There were legions of little bullies trying to pressure anyone and everyone into taking it, as well as a system of official disadvantages necessitating a "vaccine pass" to help encourage 'uptake'.

There is, and was at the time, an idea that people were "forced" to take the vaccine.

Normally by people who exercised their right not to take the vaccine.

It's a bit weird. Grown adults crying at the concept of peer-pressure.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I really don't think some people understand how a vaccine works, despite it being a major news story for years. I would have understood before the pandemic but now, really? No vaccine stops you getting/catching something, it will have your immune system primed to better deal with it. So you don't suffer as badly or for as long. With these two factors in play, it reduces onwards transmission and because of all these reduces the strain on the health system, lowering illness and death rates. Some people who get the vaccine will still show signs of illness, a miniscule number will be just as bad if not worse than if they hadn't, a bit like an allergy, but the majority, and that is, a very large majority will not be as bad as they would, and some will show no signs of illness at all. How is this difficult?

Do you realize repeating 'scientific evidence' over and over and over and over ad finitum doesn't give weight to your argument? If you think it does it doesn't. I could send you literally hundreds or papers and videos of 'scientific evidence' but you won't read them so what's the point?

Same here I won't read yours but at least I admit to it.

'Come back to us when you're finished with all those stories. And there's millions of them'

You completely contradict yourself with this last sentence. I thought it was only 'scientific evidence' that counts to you now you want people to read stories suddenly when you poo poo stories?

Ah but provided the stories agree with your point of view they count suddenly? Why cos you agree with them? At what point do these 'stories' become you coveted 'scientific evidence'? I can't believe you need it explained to you that you are simply going on opinion more than anything as 'stories' suddenly have credence provided you agree with them.

Anyway who has time to read millions of stories people have life's?

I will stick to the scientific evidence thanks rather than your 'stories'

This is why I said "lies" above. We both know this is untrue.

This is an incredibly poor attempt at describing how vaccines work.

A vaccine is like an allergy? You honestly can't be serious can you? Sweet Jesus

Did you actually read the post? That's not what CC said.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Markus Antonius

This is 100% verifyably false. The vaccine and the governments that enforced it are taking credit for the work the Omicron strain did in 1. becoming the dominant strain 2. being far more transmissable and 3. being far less severe than the Delta variant. It just so happened the vaccine was released just before Omicron started to take hold. No conspiracy about it.

I remember saying this repeatedly at the time that for years to come it will be Governments and vaccine enthusiasts who will claim the vaccines were successful at beating covid when this is absolutely untrue.

Yes it does actually. It is the weight of the argument, and you have no answer to it. It is the scientific evidence backed by the overwhelming scientific consensus and the conduct of every major health authority in the world during the pandemic. As expected, you have no answer to this evidence and consensus, proof your claims are a bad faith argument.

This is like someone trying to make a case, and when someone points out you are wrong because 2+2 = 4, says why do you keep bringing up 2+2 =4?

You have nothing, no real evidence, no coherent argument, just the standard anti vaxxer tactics of half truths, anecdotes, and the pretence of just asking questions and feigning ignorance.

I pointed out the 'stories' because in your previous post which you already seem to be disowning, you pretended to be swayed by 'They see and read story after story after story'. So was story after story important or not? You can't keep your story straight so I guess that was a bad faith argument too.

Whether you are swayed by stories, or swayed by scientific evidence and consensus, either way, it all establishes that covid vaccination is safe by medical standards and effective, as judged by the evidence cited.

This is the scientific evidence:

Unvaccinated people 12 years and older had 17 times the rate of COVID-associated deaths, compared to people vaccinated with a primary series and a booster dose.

I've read the post you quoted a few times and i'm not sure I can find where he says t's like an allegry.

Can you please explain?

The incredible nastiness of the entire period is evident on the archived threads of this forum. It was a golden age for little conformist bullies.

You mustn't have had the heart for it yourself since you didn't take part, but all kinds of ignoramuses were calling for every kind of legal disadvantage and punishment they could think of for "super spreaders", "anti-vaxxers" etc., etc.

Good luck memory-holing that because a million bullying comments can be dug up on Internet Archive and other places. The mob didn't cover themselves in glory.

Then there were the "vaccine passes" which were justified partly on the basis of encouraging 'uptake' - which, whether you agree with it or not, is a form of pressure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭Shoog

All vaccines are covered by such wavers - go check.

Does it confer protection fom the worse outcomes of COVID - absolutely.

It always was your choice and given the results takin it was the right choice so I have no regrets and would absolutely recommend it to everyone.

Advertisement