Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford election hub

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭914

Finally to add, even with Martin Cullen as a senior minister he had to fight tooth and nail for what he delivered, KK were massively opposed to the M9 and at best they wanted an upgrade like the n25, single lane carriageway.

He struggle to get a cancer centre for WRH, so he explored other options and was influential delivering Whitfield privately funded, who built the cancer centre.

He was struggling to get the by pass again exploring other options which led to the private scheme.

Despite being knocked he found alternatives to deliver.

The Uni he came within 1 vote of delivering and set out an ambitions funding/developing plan, what we now see if that plan is SETU Arena, the area was to be developed with real search buildings/teaching buildings etc, Cullen got the chop and all plans halted and WIT starved of funding to who's benefit? Not Waterford's anyway. A struggling Carlow IT now had a TU campus, Wexford is on the cusp of substantial TU campus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭914

Grace O'Sullivan also losing her seat in Europe. I'm no fan of the greens but I would definately have preferred someone from Waterford in the EU rather than someone else.

I'm not sure what EU representatives can deliver but surely some benefit is having access to EU funded projects or being able to tell local councils where and what type of funding they could apply for.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭decies

mark o Cathasick on WLR this morning it was supposed to be Grace but she’s on holidays in Tramore . Anyway got an easy ride from damo and very noticeable he didn’t read out one text about greens or mark .

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Valhalla90

Grace will have a long holiday and Marc will also when the GE comes. They can thank Ryan and his airport failures!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,252 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

greens were always gonna be a fall guy for ffg, they have a history of shafting other government parties to save themselves, greens certainly havent been helping themselves though….

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭spaceCreated

The feeling I get from some people

Greens dally a little over the airport, "I'll vote for them over my dead body"

Fine Gael and Fine Fail take the almost certain of a University in Waterford out the back and shoot it, starve our hospital of resources… "ah sure I'll vote for them they're alright"

No wonder we get fk all down here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,171 ✭✭✭hardybuck

I note that the gender balance continues to be amongst the worst in the country.

80% of the Councillors are male, and that's something that should be constructive by the parties and the electorate alike in advance of the next general election.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Valhalla90

FG don’t have a TD in Waterford due to the above reasons. People vote differently in local elections compared to general elections. I will never vote for FG in my life after what they have done to Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,252 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

sadly it looks like it ll be ffg for a very long time to come, they dont have any other real contenders and a shed load of people nationally will come out and vote for them, so theyre wont be any major changes going forward….

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

FG destroyed hundreds of years of tradition of amalgamating the city & and counties.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭azimuth17

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭spaceCreated

They don't have one right now but it was very close last election and there are several posters on here saying they'll get a Td next election.

Meanwhile Fine Fail have been doing just fine even with a Td like Mary Butler and a big photo op up by the hospital with Michael Martin promising 24/7 cardiac care when he instead stuck Waterford under Cork and used the numbers to build a new hospital, and once it was started shifted Waterford back under Dublin.

Advertisement