Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solar PV Monitoring/Automation Thread

1656667686971»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,170 ✭✭✭championc

I just do max export allowed, and fix an SOC threshold for every hour.

So imaybe 20% per hour @ 5kW. So stop discharging when you hit 20% between 1 and 2, stop when you hit 40% between 12 and 1 etc......

You will finish each night at 20% SOC irrespective of the starting position

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

Was thinking that alright but wanted to end at 10% bang on 2am (or close to it)

Funny enough the sunsynk flow card displays the time when it hits 10%

But it's not a value I can automate against, I usually set it by hand until it's close to 2am and it has been very accurate but I want to not do it manually ofc

I do 15% per hour. It finishes early (reaches the low threshold) so reverts to discharging normally for the last 15 mins or so of each hour.

So you might end up actually hitting 9% that way, so you could set the threshold for 1 to 2 at 12%

So basically, Trigger time between 1:00 and 2:00 If SOC% > bottom level Then Dump Discharge Else Normal Discharge

Then repeat for all hours from 21:00

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

Sure throw in the code and I can give it a shot 😀

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Anyone else having issues with their myenergi systems (particularly those on S18)?

My devices are showing as unavailable in HA since approx 11:40 and getting a communication error in the myenergi app. The API itself appears to be up though and nothing logged here.

Have logged a ticket and awaiting a response.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,276 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

App and HA integration seems to be working fine here.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Are you on V5 firmware? How frequently are you polling within HA?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,276 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

Yeah running V5 on the gen1 hub and eddi. Polling in HA every 10 seconds.

Thanks. Might have to bite the bullet and upgrade to V5.

• Advertisement

I'd be the same. Every 10 secs on a Gen 1 Hub, with a v5 Eddi and Zappi. No issues as far as I can see

Back as of 14:59.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 140 ✭✭mjatkey

Hi guys.

Ok so have been setting up my solar installation etc in HA (currently using Solis API data) but am pleased with how far I have come… I'll have load of questions on setting up the local data collection, currently reading up and looking at what is needed to get the data from the logger to HA.

In the mean time I've added all the Tuya devices I have dotted around the house to HA but am struggling with a couple of things?

Have a 30Amp switch on the immersion which integrates fine into HA except it doesn't give a running total of the power used, daily, monthly only power I can see is when it is in use and in the history graph.

On the Tuya APP running totals are shown, current, daily and monthly.

I've managed to extract the .Json data for the switch on HA, but thats about it.

The state is the only total I see and its not changed since the integration.

disabled": false,
    "disabled_by": null,
    "entity_category": null,
    "device_class": null,
    "original_device_class": "energy",
    "icon": null,
    "original_icon": null,
    "unit_of_measurement": "kWh",
    "state": {
    "entity_id": "sensor.hot_water_clonee_consumption",
    "state": "0.421",
    "attributes": {
    "state_class": "total_increasing",
    "unit_of_measurement": "kWh",
    "device_class": "energy",
    "friendly_name": "Hot water Clonee Consumption"
    },
    "last_changed": "2024-08-13T15:42:24.685852+00:00",
    "last_reported": "2024-08-13T15:42:26.369583+00:00",
    "last_updated": "2024-08-13T15:42:24.685852+00:00"

Question, can the "code" be changed to display the correct running total, if so how or is it a non runner?

Thanks

🌞 6.96kWp PV System. West Dublin🌞

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,259 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

You can take the Watts sensor and make a kWh out of it using an integral in home assistant

https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/integration/

• Administrators Posts: 390 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭System

This discussion was created from comments split from: Solar PV Hints, Tips & Troubleshooting.

Thanks graememk, maybe I explained it wrong. What I mean is on the APP I see this but on HA the two consumption sensors neither match the APP total, if that makes sense?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,259 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Oh I know what you mean, I had no clue how to help with the integration, but a workaround would be to work from the sensor that is working.

Ok, so I am hopefully a step nearer to getting the inverter data locally rather than from the Solis cloud.

I was trying to figure out how to get the mini pc that HA runs on into the loft next to the inverter so if I have to connect it to the data logger it could be easily done.

Tried a TP link LAN plugin but because the backup socket the solar guys added is not part of the same ring as the other sockets in the house it didn't want to play ball.

I then found an old Sky Wireless device (LAN to wireless) and this seem so have done the trick.

So what would be the simplest way to do this I have started reading various github articles, Solis Modbus and Solarman intergration but am not 100% what is involved.

Also watched the Gordonmarkus video's on YouTube, a lot of which went straight over my head.

This is the data logger that is in the inverter at the moment, I think it is S2-WL-ST so don't think Solarman doable?

Any suggestions/direction would be more than welcome?

Thanks

The S2-WL-ST supports Modbus TCP (port 502) out of the box, but the downside is that no data is uploaded to Solis Cloud while querying locally with Modbus TCP. Is this an issue?

In terms of HA integration, use this or this. The former is using the native Modbus integration, the latter is using a third party integration which has Solis support.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭tech

looking to do same with SOlis invertor to feed into HA

Advertisement