Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BYD Seal

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ABBoy

Saw that. That is very bad and unusual.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,993 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Blackadder11

So, what is the latest in Dublin for buying a new Seal?

With the additon of the MSL tax and the discounts of VRT relief and SEAi grant, how much does one have to fork out today assuming no trade-in?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,333 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭islander222

Can't answer this yet but for the Design model which I'm looking at I'm seeing €45,986, €46,336, and €46,662… but I can't say for sure what exactly the differences are… I assume some have paint protection added or delivery charges added. But there does seem to be differences between the different dealerships.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭dubrov

I don't think the SEAL price varies at all. The brochure has 44,036 (After taxes, grants) for the Design version which is exactly what I was quoted in BYD South Dublin. Delivery is 1,950 on top which is pretty steep

The exact same price as it was last year. Nothings changed.

€46k for RWD

€52k for AWD.

What will happen in the future with the curry tax, we have to wait and see the exact implications.

You know you want to…

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Sealman

They look class. I particularly like the blue one!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Sealman

Noticed on my awd that the steering is changing from comfort to sport mode on It's own. You notice the steering heavier and then when you check the settings it's gone into sport. I prefer it in comfort as in sport I find it a bit wooden. Just wondered if it has happened to anyone else and why it might be happening?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

Anyone having connection issues with the app today?

Car seems offline, tried reboot etc but mobile data not connecting.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭islander222

Any owners see any challenges yet with the ground clearance on the Seal?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,932 ✭✭✭✭listermint

• Registered Users Posts: 33,932 ✭✭✭✭listermint

No issues with ground clearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 EFX

Same here 12.28 last connection have done every thing asked by the app instructions but no luck, good to know it’s not just me.

Post edited by EFX on

Good few posts about it on FB, so must be some outage at Byd.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,057 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

1950 includes service pack and replacement tyres tho

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭grumpygit

Some guy from Denmark saying he has the same issue, hopefully a technical issue and not a European data regulations issue

Seems to be just some vehicles so I'd imagine it's an outage. Fixed tomorrow hopefully.

Update: mine is working again now.

• Advertisement

My app back working now again too so all good

• Registered Users Posts: 22 EFX

My app up and running too

It’s no lower or higher than any other similar cars, model 3 for example or a 320d msport. Of course if you live in a country lane with potholes the size of canyons then that’s a different issue.

But for the general public driving in general roads with speed bumps I’ve notice no difference driving the 2. They clear the same bumps that other cars do, they rattle like fook on the same roads as the others do and are smooth as fook on the same roads as the others do.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭AUDI20

None what so ever, and I have added a front splitter as well. no problems unless you drive hard over speed bumps.

For anyone curious on cost of running AWD after 6 months driving mixture motorway town and country with overnight home charging at .17 cents per Kw my car costs me 1 euro for every 23 kilometers driven, reckon my old car at 6 litres per 100k (optimistic,) would have cost me 2.35 euro per 23k

• Registered Users Posts: 10,000 ✭✭✭dodzy

17 cent per kWh? You could do a lot better than that 😎

Big incentives by MSL to shift some Seals.

The small print

5,000kms worth of free driving is based on the cost of charging a BYD model at home on a daytime rate. This average daytime rate per kwh was calculated from 5 electricity providers on Bonkers.ie. The average rate calculated was 25.27 cent per kwh as of 28/05/2024.

Seal design battery capacity is 82.5kw with a range of 470kms combined WLTP. It will require 10.6 full charges to do 5,000 kms (5,000/470). Cost of one charge is €20.84 (82.5 x 25.27 cent). Total cost is €220.98 (€20.84 x 10.6).

Customers will receive a cheque upon collection of their 242 BYD if they had ordered their new car between 10th – 15th June 2024.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ABBoy

Has anyone checked their front bumper in detail. I was shocked. I don’t see a fix here bar from changing the bumper and I’m not doing that so I found covers for it on AliExpress. Think this is the best things again there are faults with paint work etc but the car itself out ways it.

Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! €24.99 2% Off | Car Styling Lower Bumper Insect Net Accessories Screening Mesh Water Tank Proof Inner Grille Cover For BYD Seal Atto 4 2022 +
    https://a.aliexpress.com/_EwY6PTD

So they are basically dropping their extortionate delivery cost of 1950 by 220 euro .....for 5 days....think their maths might be wrong too...to fully charge the car takes 90.2Kw not 82 due to the 10% overheads used in charging so the real cheque should come to 243 euro. I'm feeling grumpy tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭3d4life

"…Big incentives by MSL to shift some Seals…."

Being done a bit different in Thailand ( Dolphin / Atto / Seal )

https://aseannow.com/topic/1257405-electric-vehicles-in-thailand/?do=findComment&comment=19003882

( 1 Euro is approx 39 Baht, doubt there are subsidies for EVs in Thailand )

Advertisement