Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else feel ashamed of getting the Covid shots?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Musicrules

No. Would many more people have died? Would we be in lockdown for a lot longer and maybe even still be wearing masks?

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭thereiver

If you get the vaccination it means you may still get covid but it will be like getting a bad cold .you are protecting yourself and also it means you probably won,t pass it on to friends, family and co workers . it amazes me that people dont understand how vaccination works, the reason 1000, of people did not die from covid is most people got vaxxed hence the impact of covid 19 was limited .it,s free , and covid 19 is a deadly disease which if it does not kill you it will leave you with long covid, a long term illness which attacks the lungs and other bodily organs .

this is the most stupid thread i have seen on boards.ie ,

imagine if i posted do you regret using condoms when having casual sex ?its a waste of money.

who cares if you get a std ,big deal . stds are justmisinformation put out by big medical companys .

theres too many people reading social media , misinformation like covid is caused by 5g,

i prefer to believe medical experts and doctors that say its good to get vacccinated as a precaution ,yes there are new covid varients thats why everyone should get the latest booster ,covid 19 will be around for years ,

https://www.businessinsider.com/taylor-swift-fans-calling-covid-19-infection-souvenir-2024-6

theres people getting covid 19 especially at big events like concerts but at this stage most people have got vaxxed

so its not a deadly serious medical problem.

if you go to a concert with say 10,000 people there its very likely some people there will have covid 19 and they

can pass it on to you or anyone who is close to them since the virus is transmitted through the air person to person .

and theres no six feet separation at concerts and other public events .

theres very little publicity about covid 19 nowadays ,.i saw ads on rte tv about getting the booster a few months ago.

i would be happy to get vaxxed every month it thats whats necessary to protect myself and other people from the virus.

it only takes 2 or 3 minutes to get vaccinated .

Of course young people tend to be reckless or they feel i,m fit , i,ll never get old or get ill .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭greasepalm

NO i got the vaccine because of glandular fever when i was a kid and my immune system never recovered.

If i am out in a drizzle and get my hair wet in a few days i get the sore throat which leaves to a cold.

Vicks first defence is a great thing as first sign of sore throat i spray up the nostrils and it stops it dead.

Not had my usual cold for many years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭snowcat

• Registered Users Posts: 9,677 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

I put film in my camera.

You could just answer the simple question, were you blockading people and threatening to burn peoples property? If not, stop quoting me & misrepresenting me and foxtrot oscar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

LOL. I cannot believe there are some on here still rambling away about the vaccicnes not working.

Back when the fiest vaccines were becoming widely distributed the numbers of those vaccinated in hospital beds and in intensive care wards dropped off, whereas those not vaccinated proportionally rose. I asked back then if the vaccines didn`t work how could that be explained. Not a dickie bird then or since.

Not that I`m interest now mind you. Life it too short for chasing nut jobs down rabbit holes

• Registered Users Posts: 21,630 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Abso-fcuking-lutely not.

And ashamed at taking a proven medical vaccine that helped you and others in your community could be seen as bat sh*t crazy by some people. And I wouldn't argue with those people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭greenpilot

Nope. Listened to the science and the rationale, read the science and rationale, considered my 4 kids, partner, job and responsibilities and got it.

3 1/2 years later, I'm still here. Providing for my family.

My neighbour, in his mid 50's, didn't take it. Nobody was allowed to attend his funeral.

Because of Covid, n'all...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭greenpilot

Also. The Algorithm must be reading the Anti-vax posts. Has anyone noticed all the adverts for IQ tests on this forum?

Lol 😆 🤣 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 38,380 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Don't feel ashamed but feel at the time I got it just because of the freedom it entailed ie international travel/indoor dining etc more so the health benefits of it. Got covid in the summer of 2022 and felt it was mild but maybe that was cause of getting the vaccine and booster in Dec 2021

Not sure would I have got it otherwise if it wasn't for the restrictions. I never got the 'flu shot' pre Covid

Post edited by PTH2009 on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Frumy

Of course there are things in life I don't understand same for you. I could fill the grand canyon with what you don't know or are you so incredibly delusional and arrogant you think you know everything ever? Maybe you are.

You have contempt for people who may disagree with you?

I don't think I've ever come across a more angry person in my life than you it's amazing it really is but it must be awful for people who live with you; poor people on eggshells 24/7.

Fair enough but you think I haven't a clue and I think the same about you after you tried to explain how vaccines work and were incredibly inaccurate so we have a mutual truce here.

Governments don't care about people dying. Never have never will.

As Stalin said 'you kill one person it's a awful tragedy, you kill 100,000 it's a statistic'

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭gym_imposter

Not ashamed but Im sorry I took the first two Moderna a month apart in July/August 2021 ( took no boosters since) , only reason I had them was needed to fly a few months afterwards

I've definitely seen an increase in sickness this past few years and putting it down to the vaccine

What's with the utter sneering callous spiteful attitude to the OP?

I think they are very brave admitting they regret it it's not something many can do it really isn't. Whether you agree with them or not your contempt is not necessary.

It's really really sad in society people can't have an adult discussion. The second someone disagrees with them out come the snide remarks and insults. Very few people have actually said to the OP why do you regret it? Instead all the snide remarks on their mental health etc it's incredibly immature and in a way cruel; they may have mental health issues is that really something to mock?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭blackbox

Ashamed of doing something that benefits both me and the community in general?

Certainly not.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,074 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

You've seen an increase in sickness but you're putting it down to the vaccine… and not covid itself? Or long covid?

Dubious.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Subscribers Posts: 41,590 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

The only ones that should feel ashamed are the likes of Antonio Mureddu and those who's anti-vaxx propaganda directly led to the deaths of vulnerable people.

Horrifically shameful, disgusting and will never be forgotten.

You don't regret something that you believe has made you sick? Something that impacts on your quality of life in everyway; medical illness. I know regret doesn't help anything but it's bizarre you have a good attitude toward something that made you ill.

It's also interesting you said you only got them to fly as there is several on this saying the vaccine was 'voluntary' even though there is countless posters saying they only got the covid 'vaccines' to fly/for their job/because of the lockdowns etc.

That's hardly voluntary. These people ignore all reality though as they know just 2 years ago there was enormous pressure heaped onto people to get these covid 'vaccines' I experienced it myself most did; it was get the 'vaccine' or not be allowed into cafes/pubs etc and many jobs basically demanded people get the 'vaccine' and sadly people of lesser resolve did rather than tell their employers that their personal medical history is none of their business which it isn't

I suppose a thing that irked me about the whole lockdown thing was people had zero respect for their privacy too. They let minimum wage teenagers in shops demand their covid papers to buy a litre of milk. Don't gimme that safety thing. Half the time these kids had masks blue turning to grey masks dangling off their ears covered in filth from wearing it all day was the least hygienic thing you could see.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭Shoog

The adults left the room when the anti-vaxxers started abusing them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

I have to agree with this. Some people are militantly black and white about Covid vaccines. No discussion allowed. Even if you are fully boostered, once you question the vaccine, you are immediately labelled anti-vax. I have only come across two actual anti vaccine people in my lifetime.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

From recollection the Moderna vaccine gave people the worst initial reactions. Some people thought that was a good thing in terms of immune response but most felt that Pfizer was an easier option. Those people used to specifically ask for Pfizer at mass vaccination centres.

Sorry this reply was to gym imposter

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

" Long Covid" is a theory, was never close to definitively proven or even universally accepted

• Registered Users Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭Shoog

Bollox.

Post viral symptoms are well recognised as been an issue for all viruses. COVID is no exception and probably more likely because of the damage it causes to the perifery blood vessels. Many people have suffered permanent debilitating organ damage.

I do regret getting the vaccine, replace sorry with regret

I stopped wearing a mask everywhere following my trip to London in October 2021, 90% of people over there in shops or tube were not wearing masks,at the same time 90% of people here were

After that I never wore one outside school gate or any shop but continued to wear in pharmacies or GP waiting rooms as I get those people were forced to work extra hard during that hysterical period

We have Covid madness to thank for the crazy inflation of the past four years, that alone makes it a truly reprehensible legacy of government policy, nevermind the disgusting restrictions on freedom

And your dubious claims don't even meet the standard of a theory.

It is known that viruses can trigger secondary conditions and long term reactions. Covid as a severe and highly infectious virus is therefore likely to do this.

It would be contrary to expectations if Covid did not manifest such impacts in a % of those infected.

Tests such as these point to some of the ways it impacts.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/blood-brain-barrier-leaks-may-be-to-blame-for-brain-fog-in-long-covid

Yeah I've occasionally read your contributions on the Covid thread , you are a true believer so I don't expect you to align with anything I say

Fair play for your honesty and bravery.

Not just inflation the lockdowns destroyed many small/medium businesses killed off many highstreets around middle Ireland and skyrocketed mental health issues and suicide. People are sociable creatures you tell people with anxiety disorders or personality disorders to lock themselves away from people and society and their minds can go to very dark places. A family member works with troubled teens; it was unbelievable the amount of suicide attempts she and colleagues had to deal with during the lockdown.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,590 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

A "true believer"?

Do you deny that COVID exists?

• Advertisement

Nope, I'm someone who presents the evidence. The only "true believers" are those who continue to peddle dubious opinions that are either known to be false or without foundation, and in disregard to the evidence presented to them. So I don't expect such people to align with anything I say.

In a small study supported by the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), severe cases of COVID-19 were shown to cause long-lasting changes to the immune system.

https://covid19.nih.gov/news-and-stories/severe-covid-19-may-cause-long-term-immune-system-changes#:~:text=In%20a%20small%20study%20supported,off%20in%20certain%20stem%20cells.

Advertisement