Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things that annoy you - Mod Note in OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,365 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Camp radio presenters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Having three bad panic attacks in the space of a week. Like a sense of overwhelming doom and a feeling something dreadful is gonna happen to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Kingslayer

I posted a ta earlier, now I am ta'd because that ta post has been deleted!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

The one about reporting posts? That’s been moved to its own thread in “Feedback”.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,274 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

TA that we were up at the crack of dawn today for OH to go for a scheduled procedure, one hour drive to he hospital to be there at 7.30am. My TA is not getting up early but the fact that he's still not been down for the procedure yet over 2 hours later.

(It's only a trivial annoyance because he is lucky to be getting done today at all, I know others who have waited a lot longer for a similar procedure. )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,260 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Progress flags

• Registered Users Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Got a lecture from the workplace wellness guru early this am, about how I should be more optimistic and can choose how my day goes etc 🤮.

Struggle in the house door for breakfast after and I'm greeted with "Tomorrow is the longest day of the year, the nights will be getting longer and colder from now on".

Yup, be more optimistic living with that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,973 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,840 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

How are people so cold??? It was 20 degrees yesterday and is 18 today.

Well, in Dublin anyway.

Edit: 20 degrees, not 29!

Post edited by Dial Hard on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Dramatik

Person: "have you any interest in ..."

Me: "nah, that wouldn't interest me"

Person: "well I'm going to corner you and spend the next 15 - 20 mins telling you about it anyway"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,954 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Well I live beside the sea, so it's the wind chill for me (plus being naturally a cold creature)

However I think it's the very heavy rainfalls that have been happening that are making people more grumpy about the weather!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,949 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I'd be wearing long sleeves and a cardigan.

Warm, to me, is 25⁰C and over. Hot is 30⁰C and over. Roasting is over 35⁰C.

Well in that case, TA withdrawn. And thank you Mod Hilda for thinking of me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,426 ✭✭✭✭blade1

When pouring milk into a cup of tea and a little bit of the crusty milk the forms around the cap falls into the tea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,840 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

20C is "pleasant" to me. Light pants and a long-sleeved t-shirt. Certainly not heat on or fire lit weather. And I wouldn't consider myself a particularly warm creature.

In fact, my TA is that I took a cuppa out to the garden after my run yesterday and got quite sunburned on my neck and shoulders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,973 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Of course lit the fire this morning and now this afternoon its boiling out.

By the sea and very cold in the wind this morning.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I’m not sure what I did last night. Did I even go to bed ? I have absolutely no recollection of even getting up but it’s 4 o’clock so I think I did

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,436 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

I opened a packet of peanuts and don’t know where I put them

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,949 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Between the cushions on the couch? In the fridge when you took out a beer?

• Advertisement

found them in the kitchen , now devoured 😷

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,313 ✭✭✭Archeron

People who fart in lifts :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭Field east

you lucky fe—er. That’s pure fat. People would die for the taste that that adds to the tea . You must be buying unhomoginised milk or do you hand milk your own cows ‘for the house’?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

In the films and tv when a man gets kicked or punched in the balls, shouts oof and collapses. Then in 5 seconds time he is straight back up and fighting again.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,342 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Shiny primer called "nardo grey" on high end vehicles.. Thanks for that Audi, it's gack and looks like the car is waiting for it's actual colour to be applied. Just no, please..

The matte version is even worse...

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Vote4Squirrels

Ah but it was designed by someone who uses “xe/xir” pronouns……

100% agree my rodent friend - I’m currently flying the classic and beautiful Gilbert Baker number!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,602 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

woken up by my neighbour returning from a night out around 3.45am … The taxi doors were slammed which is what woke me and then her usual nonsense decibel shattering absolute weirdo cartoonish screeching, guffawing and yapping with her companion outside and beside my window until she eventually got the key in the door…. Tears of unrelenting joy will be forthcoming when that absolute weirdo melt moves on somewhere else….she’s about 25 going on about 7….

Advertisement