Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hamas strike on Israel - Threadbans in op - mod warning in OP updated 19/10/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Biden is not only spineless he is also a fool, Bibi is doing everything in his power to diminish the aid Biden has given him in the hope that Trump will be re elected. Biden could pull out all the stops for Israel and Bibi would still insult his efforts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭ToweringPerformance

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,293 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

And the best defence you have is whataboutery. Biden has been catastrophic. Not saying trump would be any better (he absolutely wouldn't) but biden.

As I said, hea against a low bar. Inanimate carbon rod would've been an improvement on the last one and didn't even get that.

Bit you can't sit there and constantly criticise Isrsel and it's defenders and then leap to the defense of perhaps the one person who should be able to show some sway. It's a cowardly to say it's realpolitik, because if you're going to go down that road hen you may as well give bibi the same pass.

If he's legacy was to have cut this off and stopped the endless destruction, even just for a the mid term then it would be worth it, but it's all about holding rbw white house no mattee how ineffective he is, and how absolutely **** poisonois js politics is right now. He's part of the problem ,and you need to realize that

This is the man who criticized the icc.

So either you care about what is happening In Palestine or you care about what domestically. Domestically, America is completely and utterly fucked be it biden or trump. I cant think of a worse successive pair of presidents beyond Taylor and Fillmore and one of them died after only a month in office

• Registered Users Posts: 82,330 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

except he literally does show sway. What is Bibi complaining about if he didn’t? How are Republicans campaigning on him “abandoning Israel?”

go on, get that pat on the back in now, good lad. Will feel great next term I am sure.

It’s not whataboutery it is reality staring us in the **** face. I’ll ask you is Bernie gonna parachute in and save Palestine? Tom Hanks? Dwayne Johnson?

• Advertisement

Because Netanyahu and the republicans are also playing the politics game, but he has not dropped support in any meaningful way nor abandoned Israel. A few sound bites, really really low level sanctions that have no impact and a pause on certain arms being shipped, but not 90%. There's money to be made after all

The democrats really ought to have had a long hard look and chosen someone else, or he should have had the good grace to step aside and used that knowledge knowing that he is not running again, it's a chance to do something really impactful, but instead it's self preservation and nothing else.

It's not my fault that the American political system is so completely messed up that the best they can come up with is these 2. But neither are good options. Just because biden is less bad, does not mean he gets a free pass on his total inaction on Israel.

He stopped sending some bombs, but kept sending most of them so, slow clap for that man.

Keep getting all pissy and defensive if you want, but biden is (as trump would be too) incredibly problematic in being so passive towards Israel. Outwardly at least. Maybe he has done something behind the scenes well discover in 25 years that will cement his legacy, but it's pretty poor right now

So to my “whataboutery” you present a tall glass of Shouldawouldacoulda. Well I can’t drink that, it’s not real. We have 2 choices on tap. Don’t tell me what I have to stop doing in your posts above thanks. What I have to do is make a choice in November, and I’m going to do the one of them that is the only best outcome of them for Palestine, despite the pissing and moaning about “spinelessness,” when shouldawouldacoulda for president TM has a shot at 270 electors give me a shout.

A refreshingly honest (I know!?) take from IDF spokesperson

https://www.timesofisrael.com/idf-spokesman-says-hamas-cant-be-eliminated-will-remain-in-gaza-if-no-alternative/amp/

Bibi did not like that.

You could at least criticise how passive he is, and acknowledge that there is a lot more he could have done to date and should do but your head is too buried. You and he don't get to hide behind the realpolitik excuse because it's entirely self serving. Your responses are infantile at best but dangerously ignorant at worst. You can still vote for biden while wholly acknowledge he has done a completely terrible job in this instance. Saying well the other guy would be much worst doesn't cut it

You're the type of person who support for Palestine sort of undermines the whole thing because you can't divorce your support for those hwo are complicit in it. You can try and argue it all you want but it's true.

At the risk of further dragging it off topic, I'll stop discussing this. I expect yo see another few dozen of your meme replies or link dumps rather than any semblance of discussion.

you want me to campaign for Donald Trump in this thread, no thanks. That does not serve the interests of Palestine.

I will continue to point out factual errors in your diatribe, when you make false allegations that Biden has done nothing etc. when he’s the first president since Reagan to do any suspending of aid to Israel.

You can cry infantile about how he should do more all you want, you’d have him throw the election to Trump and doom the Palestinians anyway.

When Biden is securely in a 2nd term and still not playing hard enough with the Israeli government we can revisit this.

You can go somewhere else with your allegations of being complicit, very beneath you.

• Advertisement

That's not what I said remotely. There's the ignorance I was worried about. It's head in the hand stuff.

Bad enough when there's enough people defending Israel that the people criticising them are complete hypocrites in who they think should have deserved criticism leveled at them.

You may as well be arguing on behalf of Israel if you can't bring yourself to see how biden and the current administration have been too weak, (they're not alone, aunak and the tories).

There are 40,000 dead Palestinians and 2 million starving. He's doomed them anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,736 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Biden has been a commited Zionist all his political life. This is why I doubt if he is re elected he will stop all arm shipments to Israel. He did this half measure over some bombs to placate the progressive wing of his party. The irony is he is not committed enough for Bibi. Bibi released the video because he is betting on Trump being re-elected. Biden is essentially trying to straddle two horses in order to win in November. It is making him look weak and foolish to anyone looking at events objectively.

Post edited by nacho libre on

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Luna84

No you have it mixed up. Trump being president is great for Russia but bad for Palestine. Trump is all for Israel.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Luna84

IDF are little girls as I said on YouTube earlier there are little Palestinian girls braver and both physically and mentally stronger than an IDF solder. See all the soldiers who need psychiatric help after being in Gaza. Imagine you were a little boy or girl in Gaza listening to bombs and bullets fly and drop all around you that is far more traumatic than what those cowards IDF face.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,736 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

BIden has stated many times in his political career that he is a committed Zionist. He is very much pro Israel. Also I'd say the vast majority of Palestinians in Gaza think its bad enough already. Biden should not get a free pass on the basis of what Trump might do.

How is Trump great for Russia. Putin invaded Ukraine under both Obama and Biden.

Or the American guy with the beard because he's an ex military guy.

"Well howdi there internet folk"……..

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭CorneliusBrown

Brave little souls indeed. I read that the number of child amputations in Gaza over the last few months is persistently high. Buh buh buh Israel is the only democracy in the Middle East and they are the most moral army in the world and buh buh buh hamas are hiding in nurseries and the children’s parents voted for hamas and buh buh buh if they only gave back the hostages it would all be over…

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭sock.rocker*

And their idea of "over" is the continued open air prison that is Gaza and the continued theft and settlement of the West Bank. And that is fine with them as they think it is morally sound to treat Muslims like animals.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,711 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

https://www.rte.ie/news/world/2024/0618/1455319-children-killed-in-conflict/

"Killings and injuries of civilians have become a daily occurrence. Destruction of vital infrastructure a daily occurrence".

"Children shot at, hospitals bombed, heavy artillery launched on entire communities. All along with hateful, divisive, and dehumanising rhetoric."

The UN rights chief said his office had gathered data indicating that last year, "the number of civilian deaths in armed conflict soared by 72%".

"Horrifyingly, the data indicates that the proportion of women killed in 2023 doubled and that of children tripled, compared to the year prior," he said.

In Gaza, Mr Turk said he was "appalled by the disregard for international human rights and humanitarian law by parties to the conflict" and "unconscionable death and suffering".

All increased mainly by the inhumanity of Israel and their hatred of Palestinians.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭CorneliusBrown

Now that the most moral army in the world (#MMA) has killed around 14,000 children and caused devastating injuries to countless others (including double amputations) should the thread title not be changed?

And on the west bank, Israel has quietly gone about going from occupying to actually making moves to formally annex it having seen the IDF military administration transfer such administrative duties over to pro settler civil servants.

Big thing in a few papers today about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Odhinn

'Worlds most mortal army' etc etc

"The Israeli military has said its forces violated protocol by strapping a wounded Palestinian man to the front
    of their vehicle during a raid in the West Bank city of Jenin.

The Israel Defense Forces confirmed the incident after it was captured on
    video and shared on social media. An IDF statement said the man was
    wounded in an exchange of fire during the raid, in which he was a
    suspect.

The injured man's family said that when they asked for an ambulance, the army took him, strapped
    him to the bonnet of their jeep and drove off."

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cjqq5n8911do

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Balagan1

Indeed it is a shameful thing to use a"civilian" as a human shield in the hopes that you will not be attacked or further attacked. Who would do such a thing? What has the human race come to? Next thing you know people will be using women and children and elderly as shields and hiding weapons among schools and hospitals and using money meant for them to construct tunnels underneath them and stealing food meant for them. But surely that will never happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Balagan1

• Registered Users Posts: 22,389 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Whataboutery sure allows you to overlook a lot of bad **** that your side gets up to

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭combat14

more and more reports of hezbollah flying drones over israeli military facilities looks like it is time for israel to defend itself from the iranian backed terrorists in lebanon before it is too late

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/articles/c4nn145p20qo.amp

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

BBC really show they no semblance of neutrality with that headline. I guess Israel will be looking for more weapons from America now.

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Fuascailteoir

If Israel are in turn flying drones over Lebanon does the same hold true?

• Advertisement

Advertisement