Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temporary Clerical Officer 2024 - Nationwide

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Georgia19

very strange ! Maybe they are only placing the under 200s still ! :-( I thought when they moved to clearance they def had something lined up for you !

• Registered Users Posts: 20 coolshoes47

Back again - so yes, there was confusion over my garda vetting, so they had moved past me ….but it got sorted and I am still on the panel. Now I have an offer, 12 weeks in DSP in Tullamore….the thing is, I have a holiday booked for September (not moveable, family wedding), so they'd only have me for 10 weeks. If I accept, what are the implications of leaving early? If I tell them, I presume they'll just say, sorry, and move onto the next person.

Just had an offer in Offaly, and I'm 41 on the panel

Now I've a problem…it's a 12 week contract in Intero in Tullamore, and due to a family wedding (abroad in September), I am only available for 10 weeks. What are the ramifications if I don't complete the full contract? If I tell them, I presume they'll just move onto the next person? Advice please😫

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Beckett99

Same! I also thought they usually moved through the Dublin panel quite fast 🤷

• Advertisement

yeah that was my thought ! The email reply to the query did not really shed any light - it was as if they didn’t realise clearance had already been processed

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Daniela79

Hi guys, yesterday got an offer for 13 weeks contract in Revenue. Anybody any experience with them and do you think the contract can be extended? On my last TCO in DSP my contract was extended 2 times but after they said as the panel is getting to "crowded" no tco extension anymore ☹️. Just wondering does it worth to take new contract of 13 weeks or stay in my permanent part time private sector, min.paid job 🥴

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Murpage

You should stay put unless you loathe your current job. You would have no job after the 13 weeks.

any idea where they are up to now in Dublin ? 🤔 someone said it’s still 630 but that could not be right like 6 weeks later ?

How did you know they'd passed you by? Did you email PAS?

Post edited by Beckett99 on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Spilly123

Still no movement on the TCO A panel, it’s been almost 4 months.

What’s going on here?

Wondering the same the process is so slow 🙄

What does a TCO Open Contract minimum 10 weeks duration mean? Could I easily leave at the end of this? That would be until September and I've something else planned from then, should DSP be informed of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭slick_rick88

I'm starting today week in the council..finally light at end of the tunnel!

Should I inform DSP now that I can only complete the minimum 8 weeks of the open contract I've been offered?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 OlgaC

guys quick question. Got a phone call today offering me 12 weeks in a Garda station. Said they will phone me again tomorrow to give me time to think about it. Was out shopping and couldn’t really hear the lady or understand her. She sounded Indian. Thought she said something about ringing from the vetting bureau. I just have a feeling it could be a scam. Very little information given to me and just seemed off. I presumed any offer would be through the board on public jobs. Anyone any insights on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Pamelabeasley

no would be very normal to receive a call for temporary posts.

thanks so much. I had a call from visa last week which was a scam and just questioning everything. Seemed very vague but today will tell I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Pixielena

What!!! I'm number 30 on the Offaly panel. Was told I'd be interviewed most likely in June back in April. Have heard nothing since nothing since.

never got the follow up phone call and I’m sure there closed now for the weekend. I’ll wait it out Monday then I’ll ring public jobs to see have they any info. Just all seems weird.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭slick_rick88

I only started in the council yesterday, I was on a permanent panel but they offered me temporary job offer but it wouldn't effect my permanent position in the panel (as i was number 1 to get next permanent contract) so I accepted it. Received my contract at the start of the week I originally thought it be 1 year temporary contract and through the next few weeks or months or 1 year they would eventually offer me the permanent contract. This is what it said in the contract: "Commencement Your employment as temporary Clerical Officer with … County Council commences on 28th June 2024 and will cease on 27th June 2026, both dates inclusive. This is a fixed term contract of employment and therefore the provisions of the Unfair Dismissals Acts, 1977-1993, will not apply to the termination of this contract where such termination is by reason only of the expiry of this fixed term".

But after few hours of starting HR called and asked me to go up to them and I was wondering why.

They spoke to me and told me that I would have been offered a permanent contract in the next few weeks but they spoke to their supervisor and they both agreed to give me the permanent contract so they had to scrap the old temporary one and give me the new permanent contract!

Post edited by slick_rick88 on

Yes, I emailed to know what had happened, when I spotted an email in spam - saying I was off the panel for not getting my vetting done on time😕 It all got sorted, but the panel had gone past my OOM, so I was reinstated. Wrt time off, lots of people take tco jobs, and then get offered something better and leave before their contract expires.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 MagicJ100

Hi all, I have an interview coming up and am wondering what questions I may be asked and how i should go about answering them? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Justask123

Hi All,

I got job offer with Revenue, and wonder how many weeks before the start date they send the contract?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53 ✭✭Keyman123

have my interview next month. I’ve forgotten what I’ve written on the application. Anyway of finding it.

Advertisement