Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elden Ring (George RR Martin and From Software)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Which version of the game do you have? You can still force the PS5 to play the PS4 version if it isn’t the PS5 disc I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,173 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I downloaded it on PS4. It says I have a PS4 save from 2022 and also my current PS5 one, so there may some way to work it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

If you go to the settings on your Elden Ring game menu on the PS5 home page (I believe by pressing the three little dots menu) and search for ‘select version’ or something like that it should give you the option to download the PS4 app.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Did this myself last night. Got about a million runes in an hour or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭CptMackey

I think they have patched the bird to stop that farm but you can still genocide the albunurics

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,686 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Nah the bird still works most of the time, at least using Meteor throw. Doesn't always work depending on how many of the rocks hit him or if he gets caught on the tree, but yeah, I'd generally be taking out all the albunurics anyway just to get my moneys worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,837 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

FYI, the new menu tab to see recent items has to be enabled in the settings.

https://x.com/IronPineapple_/status/1803783064700555598?t=NMIkWVbD79Rf-5NBXamWGw&s=19

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

@Zero-Cool - if you change the x.com to twitter.com then boards will display it properly. 🙂

Just downloading the patch now to have a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Yeah the albunurics is the best farm but you would need the sacred relic sword to take them all out in a few seconds. I found them quite dangerous without that

Yeah I've been doing that recently after Retro said it. With my post above, i hit submit button before putting in the link so i edited it but the link window wouldn't populate, tried something else that didn't work and then didn't want to spend another second between this stupid site and twitter linking 😁

• Advertisement

I have used that previously to farm but doesn't work with my current build and can't be bothered respeccing, so have taken the chance just killing them one by one. Once you see the red lads getting aggro you can taken them out, but other than that the others don't move unless they're hit. But even if the red lads kill you, very easy to get your runes back anyway. Did a bit of farming recently to stock up on smithing stones to try out some of the new weapons.

Sacred relic sword is hilarious for just wiping them all out though.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,173 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Got the PS4 data on PS5. It's not a cleared game like I thought I had but it's a level 101 character with 60 hours on it and I'm at the Altus Plateau.

Edit: Time to respec.

There is pros and cons to this.

Pros: I've done more than I thought I have. Godrick, Rennala, Rykard and Radahn great runes done. Caelid, Liurnia, Volcano Manor and most of Altus Plateau all seemed to be cleared and it looks I was on my way to Leyndell.

Cons: I haven't a clue what state I've left the questlines in. That's going to take a lot of travelling around and checking in with people to clear up. Rogier is alive though. I thought he'd be long gone.

I may go into the DLC with a level 101 character, struggle through it and then leave myself the second half of the base game with all the DLC toys to use.

Post edited by J. Marston on

You'll still have to beat Mohg to get access to the DLC. You can get to his area by working on Varre's questline, the item you get during it will transport you there. You might be a little underlevelled, but Mohg's area is a pretty good farming spot so you could probably jump a few levels fairly quickly. Varre should be at a church just west of one of the sites of grace in the middle of Liurnia lake. You might want to look up online what to do for his quest.

The item you get from Varre drops you kind of in the middle of Mohg's area, so I'd suggest looking at a map of the area online to find where the site of grace "Palace Ledge Approach Road" or something is, and just jump on Torrent and make a beeline for it. Once you have it, the Albunarics there are pretty easy to take down, net you about 40-50k runes each time, then reset at the site of grace and farm them again. Just watch out for the red lads.

I'd say once you're level 125-130, work your way through the whole Mohg area and then take on his boss fight. If you can beat it, you should be good to go for the DLC.

Also i read that for Varre's quest, you need to invade another world 5 times. You can do this and instantly sever back to your own world and it will count.

I thought I'd be able to preload the dlc but i just got the update this morning, i wonder was the dlc part of the update?

You on the PS5? You can see if you have downloaded the DLC in your recent downloads. About a 15GB file. If you have auto download on, it would have downloaded yesterday

Will check in a bit, i tried looking today and and there was a timer on the dlc so maybe it is installed.

I thought that about Varre's quest too, but turns out there's another way of doing it that they patched in later. There's an NPC (Magnus the Beast Claw) in Altus Plateau you can invade and fight instead of having to invade other players worlds.

Aw ****, it wasn't in my downloads so i clicked on the timer and it gave me an option to download either ps5 or ps4 version so have it downloading now, 9.6gb. thanks man, well be ready for midnight.

For anyone else standing at the cocoon like an eejit with nothing happening, restarting the game want enough, had to restart the ps5, loaded up and a new npc is by the cocoon. Ava away we go!

was just post the same. Tried everything except the IT Crowd of turning it off and on again

• Advertisement

Man, some of these ghost enemies pack an almighty punch. Definitely feeling the nerf in katana poise effect. Had to nope out of an area already and go wandering somewhere else. Absolutely incredible level design and art as always. Found a new weapon but very hard to tell how it will be without spending resources to level it up so gonna sit on it a while.

So far, it's more Elden Ring which is what any fav of the game would want really.

Got put back in my box by the Blackgaol Knight. Took about 10 tries to defeat

Spent a few more than 10 attempts on him! His attacks are avoidable but a misstep is close to a one-shot kill (or at least just a sliver of health left with my build) and then he really punishes flask usage if you're not careful.

But eventually copped on to just how interruptable his attacks are - you can break his poise on most of them. Still a tough fight but when you really focus on the plethora of openings he offers it's definitely a doable one. Got him down to like one hit on one attempt and he was finished the next - just in time for bed :)

Did a fair bit of exploring of the opening areas, though no legacy dungeons yet. More Elden Ring and some fun stuff to find, though it definitely feels rather more barren and sparsely populated than the base game. Explored a few mini named ruins and towns and didn't find too much of interest in them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

My tactic was when he ran towards me I just hit him with 4 swings then retreat.

I feel the same about the early map unless we are both missing places. I can see a ton of areas below but not accessible yet

Gave it a quick lash there at lunchtime, about 40 minutes. It's absolutely beautiful so far anyway. Definitely feels like "More Elden Ring" which isn't a bad thing obviously, but enemies hit hard. The Scadutree blessings and upgrades are definitely going to be worth seeking out and using.

The Blackgaol Knight was tough, but got him on about the 4th try. Took nearly all my flasks though. Mostly relied on jumping attacks then running away. As JU said, his attacks are pretty easy to avoid for the most part, but when he hits he hits really hard.

There is a boss that had me picked up in the air and slammed down on the ground before I was able to finish summoning my mimic. Loving this now

Blackgowl Knight was a fun fight. Easy enough once i focused and told myself 1 attack at a time, got inpatient and greedy way too many times, classic Souls mistake.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Really struggling to remember how to do stuff in this game, keep taking flasks when I mean to hit with the sword. Also I keep dying.

I'm at level 247 (NG+) so thought I would be over levelled but I'm getting destroyed in 1-2 hits by the guy in the church with the big hammer.

This may take a while.

• Advertisement

Funny enough, it was a fight that taught me 'be more greedy'. Was initially just slowly grinding down his health bar at the easiest openings but realised that took so long it left a lot more room for fumbles. Instead the lesson was to take advantage of every opportunity to get a hit in, as there were a lot more than I initially thought. It was still one hit at a time, but was a relatively brief fight as every leap and wind up was a good chance to get a hit in.

Advertisement