Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

J Reynolds Car Sales Monasterevin.

Options
  • 30-08-2023 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

J Reynolds Car Sales Monasterevin.

Anybody ever deal or know anything about J Reynolds Car Sales Monasterevin?

I'm looking at a car that's for sale on Done Deal but can't get any reviews on the dealer or dealership on Google.

I'm from down the south of the country so I'm hoping somebody here might have some knowledge for me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Security2U

Hello

I live near monastrevin and do be interested in a few BMW's he does list but because of no reviews anywhere I am hesitant also viewing strictly by appointment aswel is off putting would rather just walk in to his yard for a look which car listed did you have your eye on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 szaiyan

I noticed the very same, there’s not a lot of information out there. He has lovely cars but when conversing with him, they can be quite rude and they ignore half the questions you query and only answer anything about money.

I am very interested in some of their motors but the tone and attitude I’m getting over the phone is potentially putting me off unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 szaiyan

Despite him being quite blunt and rude, I said I’d go ahead with trying to trade in my car. They gave me a low offer compared to other garages, so I asked if they would match. Got a pretty snappy response claiming the add states trade ins would cost approx 7k more ( the add on donedeal didnt say this).

I said I’ll see and shop around and will be in contact by the end of the week if I’m not going anywhere else.

So later in the week I contact them saying I’ll go for the offer they made on my car plus cash to lock it in. I needed some clarification on things like the tax etc as he didn't advertise that it was out as I did a private background check.

I asked a few normal questions like service history and so on too whilst trying to lock an appointment in so we can do the deal nice and smoothly. I was ignored and followed up, then got a text just saying “your looking for too much for your car.”

So they make me an offer for 8k for mine… I accept it and now I’m expecting too much? Not to mention my cars priced at 15k.

Terrible communication, didn’t like me asking genuine questions about the car because of their lack of information and was very rude. The business seems dodgy and I would definitely not suggest going here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭riddles

you’ve all got 2 posts was this really worth all the effort?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

• Advertisement
Advertisement