Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walked out of my job

• 20-06-2024 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Raichų

I informed my immediate manager and the general manager I would not be returning.

I realise now it was probably not the best idea but the long and short of the matter is our hours were cut in April (I’m paid hourly) so I’m down nearly 50% wages every week and I just can’t afford to continue. I secured alternative employment that starts today so I couldn’t work a notice period.

Is it likely the former employer attempts to sue me for breach of contract? I just couldn’t stomach the place another day. Not that worried but would be nice to hear others experiences if anyone has done similar and what the outcome was!

Comments

Advertisement