Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PJ - Marlay Park - Sat 22 June 24

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Hank the DJ

Would be some scramble for Hansard to make it, he's on stage in Spain at 7:55 our time.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,259 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

They've been doing around 2.5 hours per show consistently on this tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭muzakfan

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭ergo

Many of my friends think I'm not right in the head paying €170 for a Gold circle ticket...! They might have a point but bring on tomorrow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

I'm trying to look up a map to see whereabouts the entrance is so I know what road to go to. Anyone advise?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,336 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

On the Grange road unless you're driving/bussing in which case it'll be college road

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Yeah it's across from the Centra.

I didn't see anyone camping outside that entrance there this morning yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,146 ✭✭✭COH

40 euro resale tickets available on TM. I wonder how low we can go.... I reckon 20 quid gets you in tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭optiplex780

What's my best bet of getting back to Green Isle hotel after the gig?

Taxi's will be like gold dust I take it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,680 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Just missed out on a €40 ticket on resale, I'd never in a million years expect that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭Viscount Aggro

Is there any contractual need for PJ to play certain songs?

I mean, they could perform the full album soundtrack "Into the Wild" plus a load of deep cuts.

Van Morrison plays whatever he feels like, ignores fan requests for the hits.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

I wouldn't imagine it's in a contract but they know their audience?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭flasher0030

There will be a few free tickets tomorrow. Last minute stuff where someone realises that they will not get a buyer for the ticket, but will want it to go to some home, so will give it up for free. Won't be too many like that, but some generally pop up on Toutless.

Seemingly long queues at Whelans anyway, surprised at that

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭Gmaximum

they’re sound checking at the moment sounds incredible and I’m a kilometre away with a fair wind

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

If youre not in a rush, i would suggest going to the eden pub across the road for a few beers and getting a taxi once traffic is calmed down
    I done that for chilii peppers a couple of years ago, think the pub stays open til 1/1:30

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭mikekerry

would getting the luas to ballaly be better than stopping off and getting on and of at dundrum or is it much the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭rainagain

Friend just messaged me me saying similar, that they sound great.

Went past Whelans earlier and queue was around the corner from the venue to the pub door. Lots of American accents.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Vim Fuego

Me standing in the Whelan’s merch queue since 12.15pm and still not near the door:

I’ve made a huge mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Tim131

Feel well and truly mugged off paying 170 quid for my daughter and I looking at some of these second hand prices, but I'm more excited than ever, getting to see one of my fave bands for the first time ever. Been waiting over 20 years for this!

Glad it'll be a grand day for it too!

Sent my mate for me, he got there before 12 and not in yet...I feel bad!

@mikekerry If you're walking from luas then yeah balally be best bet, it's more direct to get there

• Registered Users Posts: 5,651 ✭✭✭Enzokk

No use worrying what others paid, will just make you miserable. Happy to have paid what I paid to see them like you and will not let what others think about the price or what they paid affect that. Otherwise would just not go and moan about being ripped off…🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Tim131

Great attitude! Hear hear!

Some of that merch looks quality... think I'll have to pick some of it up, and complain about those prices instead 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Don't worry about the prices. It's just a little bonus getting cheaper tickets now. At the end of the day, come tomorrow at say 5pm, if you are in Marlay Park at that time, you won't take a bit of notice. For anyone that paid €40 or someone that paid €200, we all be treated to a lovely 5 hours or so of music, in what seems to be a bit of sunshine. And you'll get to experience it with your daughter, so it will be something to remember forever, and chat to her about in the future with fond memories. For me, I am all about creating memorable moments in life to look back on and smile. I don't do it enough, but I am trying. You'll forget about the cheap tickets once the excitement tomorrow starts to kick in.

I'm sure there are many on this thread that know Murder Capital. But for those that don't, I would highly recommend going in early to catch them. They have really good tunes, and even better live. I'm sure a 5.30 support slot in Marlay Park will not be like a 9pm slot in Vaicar Street in terms of energy and intensity. But I am sure they will still try to get the croed going. Will be interesting to see if the lead singer does his party piece of jumping into the crowd during Feeling Fades.

I was listening to a bit of The Verve and Ashcroft for the past while. And at this stage, I have concluded to myself that I am not that pushed overall. I used to really like them many years ago, and listened to Urban Hymns to bits. Bitter Sweet Symphony is class, but the rest is average enough. Nice music to sit around on the grass getting some beer in before the main event. And for Pearl Jam, the unknown of what songs we are getting is exciting. I have been giving Dark Matter serious service in the past few weeks. And it's growing on me. I just listen to it randomly on Spotify, so I still don't really know the names of some of the songs. But it has enough for me to be "non-filler" songs anyway. I was a bit skeptical with closing with Setting Sun. But it is a very good song. Makes a break from Yellow Ledbetter. I'd like to get Chloe Crown of Thorns as well. And Black. I've only caught them live twice, and they didn't play it. Would be cool if one of the U2 guys joined in on stage for One. But I doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Hard to imagine going in that early and buying sh1t €7.50 plastic pints for that many hours. It's a shame, as they are good live.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,697 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I was listening to a bit of The Verve and Ashcroft for the past while.
    And at this stage, I have concluded to myself that I am not that pushed
    overall. I used to really like them many years ago, and listened to
    Urban Hymns to bits. Bitter Sweet Symphony is class, but the rest is
    average enough.

A Song for the Lovers, Sonnet, The Drugs Dont Work, Lucky Man, average, I think not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Vim Fuego

This Whelan’s thing is a joke. I’m in Whelan’s now and waiting to be allowed go somewhere else in the venue to buy some gear. It’s like they’re letting 20 people in at a time and giving them time to have a pint before allowing them to buy a shirt. Utter joke lads.

Advertisement