Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the etiquette here??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Seen that the other day and double checked my dates to make sure. Was reading the instructions on what your allowed eat and drink prior to the colonoscopy and the only thing of the list seems to be blackcurrant drinks

• Registered Users Posts: 34,648 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

We do not use the word "john" on this thread. It's just not right.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Don't board a Dublin Bus after taking the Movieprep.

Speaking from experience Newbridge?

Is this an issue specific to DB? How about Go Ahead Ireland (go ahead and shyte?!?) or the Bus Eireann city buses in Cork, Limerick etc?

Now some of the long distance coaches have a jacks, but caveat emptor and all that. You might not want to use it (and it's quite likely after a dose of what you're referring to, nobody else would want to either).

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

I posted before about somebody who had to take Movieprep. The advice given to them was the usual - stay at home and close to a toilet. However they misinterpreted this as "board a Dublin Bus" with disastrous consequences.

Dublin Bus have no toilets onboard and are generally less salubrious than other coaches. I remember reading about a drug addict who pebbledashed the bottom of the stairs and the lower deck. A passenger covered it with a double page from The Sun but the smell could not be defeated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭CorneliusBrown

Last night was lovely. Had a romantic evening on the couch with my wife watching old powerlifting and 100m sprint videos from back in the day with a bit of hugging and touching and smooching. Luckily I showered first as I had an awful build up of dried fecal crust running along my crack embedded with the hair. Nearly tore the hole off myself getting it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,720 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Next time try loosen things up by rubbing the affected area with some baby oil. Try teasing it into things.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 19,399 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Hmmmmm Not too sure that that would work for that lad E.

From what the lad has told us would take a fhurking kango hammer to shift the dried in arse kelp.

Sit in a basin of petrol and put a match to the lot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,665 ✭✭✭Bobson Dugnutt

Jeyes Fluid and a few Brillo pads I’d imagine, Brendan.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,720 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Bit extreme there, Brenner. I wouldn’t go sitting on a naked flame but hovering about a small candle could help.

I still thing the oil coupled with a couple of long finger nails and a little, gentle, elbow grease would “loosen” the, initial, drittle and you can go from there.

Maybe add a little cloth to the mix. Circular motions.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Slideways

What about the floss motion with the wife’s towel after a good hot bath. That would shift it surely?

I’d get no pleasure out of that. She’s my perfect lady and her towels are white and spotless and soft. I moved to coloured towels years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭tohaltuwi

I presume Moviprep has same ingredients as Klean Prep, a form of 24 hour torture intended to confine you indoors and keep you starving. Movicol is the much more gentle one to deal with mild back-up.

'prep' because it's to prepare you for sticking a robot snake up your bum

Some useful advice in this month’s edition of Viz.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,731 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Just had reason to use the facilities in a local shopping centre. First time I've ever encountered a toilet block that plays birdsong. An odd, but pleasant, experience.

As bad as Moviprep is, it does only last a couple of hours and not 24 hours. I recently had to take it, drank 1ltr of the stuff at 7pm and was all done and dusted by 11 then had to do the same again in the morning and was all done and dusted by 10am. It is better and more controlled than having a dose of the scuts where your stomach is still in a heap and you don't know whether its a fart or shart, with Moviprep as the man says "when you're done, you're done".

lovely session with my wife there. Back door, front door, the whole shebang. Fouled up the en-suite after. Had a fag out the window which I had to stub out halfway as I got a dose of the runs. We’ve a little red ribbon we can put across the door for occasions like that so she had to travel downstairs for her own evac afterwards.

How do we get rid of this kernt?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Baasterd

Well a thread about shite is bound to attract a few "flies"…best to spray the kernts on sight and flush them just to be sure…

• Advertisement

Good point Bass, might pop down to the ‘downstairs’ and lodge a buttery load in the pan and see how the bluebottles react.

Kind of strategy exercise if you get me dhriftt.

Got a new kitten to replace my dear old friend who popped his clogs last year. Some of you might remember my quite emotional post about the two of us sitting down watching Tipping Point (or maybe Pointless). He cocked his back leg for the last time, and let out a massive fart. Then he died. Horrible few days.

The new kitten is great, but the whiff off her litter tray is absolutely fúcking wojus. She's only partially burying her bolus, and the unmistakable pong of a meat only diet is quite overwhelming. My wife remarked that I'm bad enough without bringing a second shít monster into the house. At least Willow won't be sinking 10 pints and a kebab every couple of weeks.

Must get a cat flap installed so we can move the tray out to the shed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Congrats on getting the new kitten. I recently got a brand new brother for my own Jack Russell Toby. A gorgeous wire haired little fella named Buddy. Despite having pretty much the same diet as Toby he has been making extremely long stringy sh!ts in the garden compared to Toby’s thicker more solid ones. Thankfully though he got a clean bill of health from the vet this weekend so it must be just a wire haired Russell trait. Their hair is long and wiry and so are their stools.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,731 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

My cat spent the first 4 or 5 years as an indoor cat. Dealing with the litter was a pain, but we did get a litter box with a lid which was a big help.

He's been an outdoor cat since and he doesn't need litter anymore, he just goes somewhere outside and buries it. Handy.

wife added streaky bacon to the pot of chicken stew yesterday. Two packs of six. Honestly thought she was losing her marbles. Only ever seen them in the frying pan. Very greasy load this afternoon. Smell of cabbage with globules of fat and shavings of shite suspended in froth. Undigested pearl barley bobbing about all over. Very little solids so to speak which made it surprising I couldn’t flush. Fished around in the toilet with a hook and found one of my wife’s makeup pads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Stew during the summer months, CB? A crime in itself let alone with the streaky bacon

When banter goes wrong.

Am very disappointed, had a lovely dump, where the log just slipped out, no fuss. I was thinking that will be a fair size and when i had a gander at the result it was gone, a ghost sh1t. Slipped out and down the pipe. Very disappointed.

• Advertisement

A phantom? A David Copperfield? Nothing disappointing about that at all. Very rare occurrence and should be celebrated like a full solar eclipse. Might only get a few chances to experience one in life.

Advertisement