Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,017 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Claire, must be pulled over on the side of a road, I can hear the indicators in the background.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,628 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Is this one criticising the Dept, the government, the minister?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,922 ✭✭✭Deeec

This ladies expectations are too high. Sadly this ladies daughter will never work. The education system is wrong for special needs kids. Who does she think will give this girl a job

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

There were always those who could sort of cope in school, even if they were disruptive and got a few belts as a result. But others couldn't cope and didn't go, one parent usually the mother was looking after home matters and it was they who organised them. The most difficult cases where families couldn't cope at all went to care facilities like John of Gods as I recall. Most of the mildly affected children kept at home got on fine in the end with farm work and apprentice placements in shops etc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

"She has behavioral challenges at times".

Is there any child that does not have behavioral challenges at times?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,248 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The girls school in the area had to get the pupils to bring their own toilet roll with them each day, this was only back in the late 80's, sounds like de Victorian Era now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,903 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

I love this caller. She's straight and to the point, hard working but taking it all in her stride, speaking very proudly of her daughter, and you can hear she's getting fed up of Joe's menial questions "What was the hardest part?!!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,101 ✭✭✭archfi

'An inclusive learning pod'

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

God I remember the stuff, what was the idea behind that?

Duffy spluttering over what to call here and there.

Some dope.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭tohaltuwi

what is wrong with this site atm I can’t read pm’s. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Cut the line! The callers are revolting!!

That was the devil's own arsepaper

Smearsville.

What was the point of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭NeinNeinNein

Doubled up as tracing paper for geography projects.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,399 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

maybe there are too many children diagnosed with ADHD, and not enough places for children who actually need them ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,111 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Claire calling it like it is, including some cheery advice for your man

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭tohaltuwi

I had a cousin, brain damaged at birth, died in old age last year. A great personality, a dry wit, and an expert of football, she would now be described as “autistic”. Sent to best school, learned nothing at all, school didn’t suit whatsoever. Eventually she got sheltered yet independent living and sheltered employment in county Wicklow, which proved very suitable and gave her a good life. This is realistically what is best scenario for a person with special needs and who can function well in this environment.

Joe making an awfully stupid suggestion

• Registered Users Posts: 4,922 ✭✭✭Deeec

I wish someone would ask what happens these kids after education - they are not suited to most workplaces.

• Advertisement

I've said this many times before. The brits love to give out about the NHS but it is lightyears ahead of the HSE.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,903 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Joe frantically mumbling an explanation of who Richard Bruton is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,025 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

I'll take a wild guess that McQuaid decreed it so people wouldn't inadvertantly give themselves a glimmer of pleasure during their trips to the outhouse.

"Incredible story"

She moved 2 hours North, she didnt move to Bengali FFS.

don't give up the telephone reception job for comedy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭golondrinas

For some of these people it’s just a matter of getting the child off their hands for the day.

toilet talk now

• Registered Users Posts: 32,553 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

a i r e s, spells Joe

• Advertisement

will this old lad start giving out about the lack of Alps in Ireland too

Advertisement