Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hit and run in our apartment complex

• 14-06-2024 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Hi all,

Looking for any advice please for this issue. Apologies it is long.

In the apartment complex myself and my husband live in there are 2 apartment blocks one under a building management company and the other is under the local county council. Our block has designated parking spaces and the other block is supposed to as well but it seems they don't as ever since the residents moved in months ago we have had numerous issues of other cars parking in our space. We have called building management and sent emails to try and rectify this issue along with the other residents in our block. The management solution is park in another space which is someone else's spot.

Last Saturday my husband and I returned from being away for a few days and there was another car in our space. My husband parked our car in front of the other car as there was no free spaces available and left his number on the windscreen to call to move.

2 hours later we saw the car had managed to angle out of the space as the space next to our space was empty. My husband immediately noticed that the passenger side door had been reversed into by this car as there is a huge dent and the person had took off not leaving a note.

Unbelievably our apartment complex has no CCTV looking at the car park area or capturing cars coming in or out and they say it is unfortunate.

Would anyone happen to know would building management have any liability for this incident or as there is no CCTV footage and no pic of the other car there is no proof this occured in the complex?

Comments

Advertisement