Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,546 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I wonder will the elite add Christian into the match so he can take the pin by swerve? Could be a way to get back at swerve.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,158 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Must be the first time ever to hear how to make corn in a promo on national tv

I'm not the biggest Jericho fan but that popped me tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Patrick Mahomes

A suited and booted heel Ricochet as the 5th member of The Elite would work for me.

Oh that could work sets him up then to work against the baby faces of Swerve and Ospreay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭ThePott

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Petermc83

at least then the Young Bucks can be his mouthpiece.. because Ricochet cant promo to save his life!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,161 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Neither can the Bucks.

Delighted I don't have to see the Hardys on my tv anymore

“Bryan used to be vegan... but couldn't give up eating Brie.”

• Advertisement

Takeshita is part of the G1 this year.

AEW women always show up for hardcore matches.

The AEW World Champion is making the Hollywood dirt sheets.

The Lucas Brothers, Mookie Thompson Team To Direct Documentary On AEW Partnership Of Wrestler Swerve Strickland & Rapper Flash Garments

Brothers Kenny and Keith Lucas (Judas and the Black Messiah) are teaming with Mookie Thompson on their first documentary, a project on the unexpected creative partnership between wrestler Swerve Strickland and rapper Derek “Flash Garments” Shaw, which has helped take the former’s career in the ring to new heights.

The doc is set into motion as dreams shatter for Strickland and Garments after getting axed from the WWE and Kanye West’s crew, respectively. Subsequently, the disillusioned duo fuse their unmatched talents to blaze a trailblazing and unprecedented path to superstardom, prophetically merging authentic hip hop culture and wrestling in a way no major promotion ever has. Collaborating to create a new theme song for Strickland, in order to revamp his character by incorporating elements of hip-hop culture, the pair’s work has contributed to Strickland’s surge in popularity and successful run as the first Black champion of All Elite Wrestling……….

PAC vs. Claudio tonight is going to be a banger.

Good to see them testing the waters

Another decent dynamite, liked the tease of MJF vs Osprey which I think needs to happen at Wembley, This version of Okada is just fantastic

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

The Joe and Hook teamup is so, so great. Love the chemistry between them. Not sure about Shibata with the AI voice, but the other two are nailing the Pulp Fiction style dynamic.

Agreed another good Dynamite, loved last week and this was really good too.

Glad that they're keeping the Mark Briscoe crazy promo energy and the conglomeration going. MJF/Ospreay definitely has potential. I wasn't mad about Will's promo with Swerve but Swerve making it personal was awesome.

Samoa Joe/Hook is still so weird but it totally works and think they can totally get over. AEW need more tag teams right now and a thrown together one like would really work. Okada is hilarious too, don't think anyone expected him to be a comedy heel but it's working.

Matches were all really solid and they have some really interesting ones announced too. Forbidden door is looking up and think they've done better this year not detracting from the main show with it.

Gotta assume the wild card in the Owen bracket is Hangman.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭kksaints

If true that must be something of a worry for a show that wasn't preempted or up against huge competition.

https://411mania.com/wrestling/aew-dynamite-draws-lowest-ratings-for-non-preempted-episode/

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

That’s a shocking number, and what’s a shame is the show is really good right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭kksaints

Normally the build to the Forbidden Door ppv is the weakest part of the year for AEW. Indeed the build up to the first Forbidden Door was the first signs of AEW's momentum cooling. However that isn't the case this year as the last few Dynamites have been strong so that rating this week and last week's not particularly great one is poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,161 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

It's a PPV focused largely on one-off nothing matches. Why would people be flocking to watch the build-up? Forbidden Door is essentially AEW's off-season. Look at the card.

MJF vs Hechice-who? A heatless, feudless nothing match with a foregone conclusion winner.

Cassidy vs ZSJ. Why? "This match, it’s not about hatred and making each other bleed, all that other bollocks here. This is about finding out who the best wrestler is." Yaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwn.

Mone vs Vacquer. The "highest paid women's wrestler ever" megastar Mercedes vs some randomer. Another heatless feud with a foregone conclusion winner.

Toni vs Mina. A comedy feud is the best built story on the card.

Bryan vs Takagi. A first round tournament match on PPV? And again, the winner is obvious. But it'll be a banger, whoop-de-doo.

The ladder match will be what all multi-man ladder matches, a fun spot-fest.

The only bit of intrigue is the world title match. Do they put the title on Ospreay going into Wembley or hold off and let him win it there.

I also think Forbidden Door doesn't have the same appeal it used to.

AEW have random wrestlers from other promotions show up all the time. Having a PPV built around it seems unnecessary. I also think some of the names people got excited for with Forbidden Door are now part of AEW, Will Ospreay and Jay White for example. It's definitely true that FD is a point of the year where ratings decline for AEW though. You'd worry though that given ratings are falling in general is there some people that tune out at Forbidden Door and don't return.

I'd like to think that a rating this low is a blip especially as I think the show has improved a fair bit recently but it should definitely be a worry. I've seen a lot of "explanations" and none of them really wash.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,021 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Not knocking the quality of matches or "dream matches" but I think casual fans and maybe more wouldn't mind some story to go with the 20-30 minute matches.

Like what stories have we got going on now in AEW to hook people? Not to start a whole rivalry argument, but over in WWE people are talking about the Wyatts, Drew/Punk, Gable/Alpha Academy, Bloodline/Cody and anticipating the matches and looking forward to where they go.

Then they currently have 2 tournaments going on.

Maybe after Forbidden Door they can try and build more stories again. I guess it doesn't help having 5 hours of tv a week to fill. Though I've seen people say rampage and Collision don't really count.

I'm not going to lie, I had a tear or two

• Registered Users Posts: 29,021 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So looks like Mercedes is going to be a double champ?

Lucky timing for Buddy to get injury so can have his wedding and honeymoon while recovering.

Congratulations to Buddy and Rhea.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Petermc83

• Registered Users Posts: 6,842 ✭✭✭ebbsy

I think Ospreay is going to get porked over in the next week, probably by MJF.

• Advertisement

I've been in France the last week so haven't been watching wrestling but have Max (HBO Max) through American and logged into it here in France to see what the differences were.

They have all of AEW's current programmes Dynamite, Rampage and Collision. Seem to be about a week behind but was surprised that was the case at all.

Advertisement