Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

English plate vintage car

• 07-06-2024 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi All, I thinking about buying vintage car... I have chence to buy old 1994 car on english plates 3 months will be vintage... Car was buy in 2011 and bring to Ireland and store in garage.. All paper work is ok.. How to register it if he is that many years in Ireland on English plates.. If is to much complicated I will not buy it? Where to start, thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,916 ✭✭✭User1998

Buy it now and get a receipt. Pay VRT after 3 months. €200 no extra fees.

Edit: Possibly 23% VAT of purchase price if you can’t prove the car was here before Brexit. This is separate to VRT

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Dariusz1983

Thanks, and you think that will be no any penalty for that car was few years on english plates in Ireland..

No there shouldn’t be. Anyway you can just put a Northern Ireland address on the receipt instead of an Irish address

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭w124man

You will need proof of entry to the State and possible proof of transaction

Not if the receipt has a NI address on it. Never been asked for proof of transaction personally

• Advertisement

Last two cars I brought in I was asked for proof of transaction and had to provide bank statements. One from France and one from UK

Why would you need proof of transaction for a car bought in the EU? Do you just mean an invoice or an actual proof of payment like a bank statement?

Proof of payment. Anything over €10,000 I was told! Money laundering they said!

Advertisement