Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else feel ashamed of getting the Covid shots?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭gym_imposter

Decisions are made all the time which results in people dieing, rich countries choosing not to help poor nations etc

• Registered Users Posts: 13,507 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

International aid decisions are made by elected bodies, not individuals. Refusing vaccinations is an individual decision. Big difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭thereiver

i got 3 vaccinations ,i feel great, is there somewhere i can sign up to get my free 5g phone with 100meg per second download speed .

i only get 4g on my phone ,i just browse basic website, news, boards, reddit , gaurdian ,independent ie ,sterogum, cnn, etc i cant be bothered to look for settings,5g if there is one on my phone

if i want to watch videos i,ll use my pc

I,d like one person to post here and explain why they regret getting a vaccination ,without mentioning weird conspiracy theorys or ridiculous misinformation they read on twitter,x, or facebook pages hosted by trolls and weirdo,s

Is there someone ashamed of using condoms or contraception because its all a conspiracy theory ,pushed by chemists and doctors to make more money and annoy the pope

• Registered Users Posts: 13,507 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Not what was said:

Which seems pretty straightforward, most conspiracy theorists that show up in the CT threads, regurgitate all sorts of CT.

You (and a few others who've made their sentiments known in the anti-vaxx threads) conflated 'conspiracy theory' with 'anti-vaxx.' Why did you do that? Perhaps because you know anti-vaxx is just CT nonsense?

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Norrie Rugger Head

Log out of Facebook lad, it's rotting your brain's critical think ability.

Also look up the actual scientific definition for vaccine.

PS: Unvaccinated people (without solid medical reasoning) are selfish spongers who, at best, leech from the herd immunity of others or, at worst, put all of society at risk

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

I never understand why people cant just say 'no' or 'I dont agree with you' but have to come out with snides and unnecessary vitriol. Especially when it becomes quite clear immediately that it's based on some uneducated nonsense. Says more about them than anything and sums up the covid years in a nutshell.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭growleaves

If you look at the post that that poster was responding to, you'll see that in the context what was being discussed was:

'The idea of lumping anyone questioning the jabs or any other measure into the same group as the most outlandish theories'

That characterisation wasn't disputed.

Lots of things that "seem pretty straightforward" are met with demands for 'evidence' from the poster I quoted. So he can take his own medicine and produce evidence or else 'We're done here'.

Because the OP is full of anti-vaccination kick off points, and the anti-vaccination crowd are uneducated and/or selfish people

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

How so?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

I work in the health service and the vaccine absolutely made a huge
    improvement on the vulnerable sector, older or those with comorbitities.

^^ Fair enough , I did want to mention that in my original post … that for some vulnerable sections it helped..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Yep, especially children - psychotic in my opinion, and allthough I took it, I am so happy I never got it for either of my 2 children.

Also people seem to be forgetting a very large group who had very legitimate reason not to take in fact were advised not to take for 6 months anyway. The ones who had covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Fotish

Are hippies still around ? I’d love to know which hippie commune you visiting when you debated the pros and cons of the Covid vaccine with them and the impact on their bodily purity ( whatever that is ! )

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭Shoog

There are lots of hippies about. Maybe your a hippy.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,617 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Complete nonsense .

Most GPs still have mask rules in place .

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Fotish

“It's a very common phenomenon “

Do you how ridiculous that statement sounds, totally unprovable and meaningless.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,322 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

It's "you're" or "you are"!! I can't stand it anymore. How many times?? "Your" makes no sense!

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,677 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

This thread is hilarious.

I missed my last vaccine, not sure if I'll be shot dead blindfolded or paraded down O'Connell st. on an open top bus.

However, it's very clear that covid really really screwed up a lot of people, but it's nice you all have a place to hang out and relax or freak out.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭dazzler101

I never got the Vaccines, my gut feeling I just wasn't comfortable.

About 80% of people I know got it, most of my mates regret getting it.

Glad with my decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭thereiver

Why do your mates regret getting the vaccine ?

Its free,it's protecting your family your friends did it have any negative effect on them .Most children get vaccines I never heard anyone criticizing vaccines before the pandemic there's a whole industry of trolls who post conspiracy theory s and misinformation in order to get views likes or donations

The people who got the vaccine acted as a shield they stopped the virus from spreading rapidly I'm not a medical expert I prefer to believe qualified doctors and medical experts than random eejits who post on social media

100s of people got COVID at Taylor swift concert s but it's not a big controversy as they were vaccinated and they did not suffer serious medical consequences

If you want to read up on in Depthstudys of the vaccine and how it works you can look on hse.ie COVID 19 vaccine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭SpoonyMcSpoon

”My body my choice” 🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭growleaves

States of Kansas is are suing Pfizer for marketing their Cov-19 vaccine as “safe” despite allegedly knowing it was linked to serious adverse events.

Pfizer "allegedly hid evidence of the shot’s link to myocarditis and pregnancy issues."

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/4726687-kansas-sues-pfizer-misleading-statements-covid-vaccine/mlite/

A state run by Republican CT freaks. Really only proves that America has lost the plot.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Spiderman0081

Pfizer is an American company. Or do you mean everyone else in America has lost the plot, just not Pfizer.

American Republicans are so deep into conspiracy territory that it is distorting their whole democracy. Its deeply troubling and this sort of action is just another example.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭snowcat

This is the type of person that puts future Vaccine rollouts at risk. Trying to demonise and create a divide. All persons out there that did not get vaccinated, missed a shot. are not up to date. This is what this specimen thinks of you. Reprehensible.

Nope just people who are anti-vaccination based on uneducated, moronic, and selfish reasons.

You know, idiots.

Out of curiosity, what biological science qualification do you have? Basic Honours Degree at minimum I assume, given your assured level of knowledge in this thread...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭snowcat

You are changing your criteria. You seem to come accross as uneducated yourself. My main reason for not getting the mRNA vaccine was a wait and see approach to the new tech. I would have taken a regular vaccine if one was available. Is that a suitable educated decision since you seem to have all the criteria wrapped up in a black and white package.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,984 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

It's the usual carry on in the states.

Would you describe e.g. seatbelts as safe? Absolutely. But technically you're wrong, some people (out of millions of cases) have died as a result of the seatbelt. Therefore quack lawsuit for describing seatbelts as safe.

Would you describe aspirin as safe? (bbzztt some people die from aspirin) Would you describe airline travel as safe? And so on

It's semantic nonsense. These cases are almost always thrown out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,984 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Billions of doses delivered during a pandemic, untold millions of lives saved

"But that's not important! Look at this handful of people who may have died from the vaccines!!"

Two suspected fatalities in Australia out of 2 million doses

"How can they describe vaccines as safe?!?!? They are clearly dangerous!!"

Over 6 million dead to Covid

"Who cares they were old and going to die anyway" (that's an actual paraphrased quote from many similar)

Children dying as measles starts to make comeback due to people not getting their kids jabbed

Silence

Advertisement