Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stupid Question Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Smellbag Bagsmell

So if I'm reading this thread correctly, the hospital you are born in determines whether you can or cannot manage to poo without weeing at the same time.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

That would depend on whether it was in a public place or not and whether said public place was licensed!

Genealogy Forum Mod

Here's a question that's just occurred to me watching Austria - France.

If the slightest touch from an opponent leaves players writhing in agony how do they manage to kick the ball without any apparent aftereffects?

Sometimes they kick it so hard I'm shocked that they don't suffer career ending injuries.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Back Home

opps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

Did ya ever get your hole?

Did ya ever get your hole?

Did ya ever get your hole weeks wages?

• Advertisement

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭thereiver

your mobile phone signal depends on where you are in relation to the nearest mobile phone mast ,

it works like old uhf tv aerials, are you near a window ,

if the nearest mast is 4g you are better off using 4g ,

https://uk.pcmag.com/mobile-phones/131637/how-to-improve-mobile-signal-strength

i get 4 g at least 4bars signal on my phone,

i never tried setting up 5g mode ,my phone is 2 years old.

buildings and tree,s can block the signal,

buying mobile credit just allows you to use the service ,

you could buy 500 euro credit and still get a mediocre signal.if a youtube video loads up instantly ,you have a good signal,

if signal is bad, maybe lower laptop,resolution, or pc screen resolution, may to 1080 or 1025x768 resolution .

if you have zero credit and have no monthly contract you cant use the web on your phone or tablet unless

you can use wifi mode .

you cant go far in a car without buying petrol .

if you have 50 cent credit you can at least send a txt to someone .

even it it snows people can still cycle or use a motorbike if they do so slowly .

i dont think most people won,t see a difference in 4g or 5g unless you are downloading hi res video or playing online games

a good 4 g signal is fine for youtube or browsing the web

• Registered Users Posts: 10,315 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

the question,

My mobile reception is "faint" will signing up to an Eir package incuding mobile phone improve reception?

i don,t think it,ll make a difference to your 4g/5g signal unless you switch over to wifi calling ,

My mobile reception is "faint" will signing up to an Eir package incuding mobile phone improve reception?

Depends on location and lots of other factors.

You should ask in one of the dedicated threads. This one isn't very technical oriented.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Kingslayer

Why don't royal families marry into each other anymore like they used to do?

mobile reception depends on how close you are to the mast, is there buildings ,trees around you that may block the signal, if you get eir broadband installed then you can use wifi calling ,which does not rely on a signal from the 4g/5g mast.

you could look at phone settings, switch from 4g to 5g mode,

or switch from 5g to 4g mode.

older phones may not be able to work on 5g ,4g ,5g use different frequencys

https://www.eir.ie/helpandsupport/mobile/eir-mobile-services/eir-wifi-calling/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,236 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Hard to explain but....

How does a house 'know' its unoccupied/abandoned/no longer being lived in and start growing ivy on the front and getting its walls cracked/falling apart on the inside?

Like you'd often see holiday homes lying idle for 90% of the year and remain habitable looking, but it seems if you add that extra 10% it's a free-for-all to become more unkempt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭ruth...less

Why can't we all just get along?

I was a television version of a person with a broken heart...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,877 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

The owners either travel to maintain it or pay someone else to during their absence.

It takes years for the walls to crack due to lack of maintenance as plants and weeds grow inside and outside .why do people over the age of 20 smoke it's a filthy expensive habit and it has serious negative effects on your long term health

Why do most pop groups have one or two good albums that are good than they longer produce any songs that get in the charts

Is it they become rich they tour they lose the inspiration to write original songs that are worth listening to

There doesn't seem to be any new successful rock groups since oasis were in the charts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭sniperman

why is the crack of our arse so long?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,713 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

You have all of the time in the world to make your first album, but then pressure kicks in to make the second one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,747 ✭✭✭ablelocks

speaking of mobile phone reception.

why do people continue to say it's a bad line when they can't hear the other person properly?

• Advertisement

To stop your bum ripping in half when you bend over or sit down.

Why are ex presidents of the USA not allowed to drive?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭MrCostington

Good point. I guess it's just part of the lexicon, a carry over from land lines. Like the odd time you will hear someone say Pound instead of Euro. Do young people say it (bad line) I wonder?

Why do your upper arms and shoulders burn so fast in the sun but your forearms much slower, and your hands never burn?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,877 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

They're higher up and spend most of the year covered, if you compare the colour of your upper arms and forearms in winter your forearms will be a different shade, and have more freckles if you get them, because of incidental UV exposure throughout the year.

Why does the volume on televisions just go up to 63?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,158 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

mine goes to 100. And is not loud enough.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,158 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

”The rule become non-negotiable after the 1963 assassination of John F. Kennedy, who was shot while riding in a motorcade in Dallas.”

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭scottser

Yep, just like the commonly held belief that state owned buildings are public buildings. They're not, they're private buildings owned by a public body, and like a pub, admission can be refused.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭gw80

If I am sitting on a bench eating a bag of chips, and I empty the the chips on the ground, and a cop who is standing 50 metres away see,s me do it and starts heading in my direction to issue me a fine for littering, if before the time he reaches me a group of seagulls swoop down and eat every chip that I threw on the ground can I still be done for littering?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,268 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Advertisement