Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2021 Applicants - Merit List

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 new2022scs

It's a Substance Misuse Test, it's fine if u take a painkiller so long as u tell the person taking the sample & they will ask, even if its cold & flu tablets. I had taken ibuprofen & id been plastered in deep heat leading up to my PCA through an injury! This is a test to see if ur on something u shouldn't be. Nothing scary! If ur on prescription medication then all of this information is in ur GP pack given to them at the medical!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 smiler845

Do you know if the doctor has access to your medical record or do they just go off the medical questionnaire that you provide them?

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭crazyfire999

Hair sample can show anything up to almost a year. Tablets are fine. If you’re taking illegal substances, you probably should consider another career 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭crazyfire999

but yes, you get drugs tested. Which would be expected and normal enough for any police force.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 lifter123

With regards to the stats online is there 424 currently going through the Pca and medical etc ? And 200 odd still left to do Pca and medical ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Starsky1

anyone heard if any more classes have been confirmed?

the normal run a class oct/nov but am really not sure at all , if not it will defo be next year

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Anonymous4321

The Policing Board usually have their annual resource plan around this time of the year, I think it was in July last year? So I would guess something regarding further intakes wether they happen or not will be mentioned.

my mate got a call today for the coming months reserve list, was asked to go to induction shortly.

-edited by Turner to remove specific dates

Post edited by Turner on

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sb1991

Do you know roughly where on the merit list they are?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 weesmurf33

How long does the induction typically last? Do.you need to bring lunch with you? Are you allowed your phone in?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 smiler845

Email out regarding new intakes!

I wonder how big the classes will be?

there still 250+ people who haven’t did vetting , Pca or medical I say they would be in the classes next year , those people waiting and ones just to do medical I say will be this year

Well if each class has between 30-34 like the ones in April, May and July and the intakes are monthly, then 210-238 people will go into GV in the new confirmed intakes. But the classes could contain 50 people which was the case for the 2020 campaign.

the classes are held in 50s, my friend had induction other day and the classes are in 50s

• Registered Users Posts: 4 blue_peeler

What is the timeline then from receiving the call, to induction and then start date?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Newsoph3

I still haven’t got my vetting back from February, anyone else still waiting on theirs from that time frame?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 weesmurf33

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Loki13

Mine has been away since early April.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Greedent

from that email that was sent out yesterday.
    does that mean the whole 2021 campaign candidates will be in GV come March 2025? Or am I reading that wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ThinBlueLine999

I have seen that some of you have applied to English forces. Is it correct that if you go into an English force and return to the PSNI, your salary and possible rank and pension carry over? Is that correct? Sorry if that’s a stupid question.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭NeeNaw21

Rank only carries for senior officers.

Service and pension carries

but not the salary?

vetting forms can take l2 weeks so wouldn’t worry if you haven’t heard from vetting yet

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭NeeNaw21

great. Are you in the job or on the list?

No. If it’s classes of 50 as someone said, “regularly” between September and March and given that its monthly intakes which it doesn’t say if it is or not, then the max number of new student officers would be 350. Making a total of 432 student officers from the 2021 campaign. And there is currently 693 candidates still in the campaign.
    Thats given that no one fails a managed stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sb1991

For those of you who are still awaiting the vetting are you in and around the 200 -230 mark on the merit list?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 jackzbee

Waiting on mine coming back. Early 500s

Advertisement