Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elden Ring (George RR Martin and From Software)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,797 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I started with my Rivers of Blood katana but switched back to my Mohg spear and found every heavy attack stumbled him a bit but a 2nd hit was very dodgy. It was either 50/50 I would do big damage or he'd hit me first doing massive damage. I imagine cheesy spells are the wayo to go against him but that would be no fun. Interested to know what weapons ye are rocking for the dlc?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,396 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Still rocking Moonveil, as it can still do a big chunk of damage.

Tried some of my spells against the Knight but they were pretty useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,577 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I can't see me dropping my Wing of Astel. I just love the weapon skill far too much.

I've found a few new weapons but haven't commit to any yet as they'd need a respec. Waiting to see what the great katana is like, whenever i come across it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,032 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Still have Blasphemous Blade but it got nerfed with the patch yesterday. Still does the business.

Toughest boss for me so far is Jori, Elder Inquisitor. A boss at the end of a Catacombs. Spams you with magic and then summons about 6 lads. Outrageous. Took me 20 attempts

And now I have come across an enemy that inflicts madness, and instant kills you. Does not take damage with my weapon. It’s impossible to run away from to as they are faster than you. It’s like they’ve taken the Winter Lanterns from Bloodborne and made them immune from damage and given them Usain Bolt speed. I am going to leave that area until the internet tells me how to get past it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭jones

Dam what have they done with the blasphemous blade? I used that and bloodhound fang for the entire main game. I'm looking forward to getting stuck into this once I get the little one down. Haven't played the main game in months so expecting a beat down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Did the bird farm, got my dragon breath rot incantation and Radhan went down in 2 hits of it.

Almost felt bad because it was so easy in the end. Onto Leyndell now

For anyone who's done Belurat Gaol...

I scoured the place and never found how to open the door near the start "doesn't open from this side". Never found a shortcut, even though it's fairly quick to get to the bottom anyway but when i finally got to the boss, i was dreading about making the trek for the umpteenth time but thankfully myself and mimic wrecked the boss first attempt.

Anyone find shortcuts? Also found a post near jar helmet item with a glowing circle. There was a gold note to use new emote miquella circle. I tried it but nothing. Anyone know anything about this?

Stumbled upon Fog Rift catacombs...

Oh this looks like one of those short dungeons, will give it a go before bed. An hour later, Jesus when does this end!!?? I have some amount of loot but used to my health items. Didn't want to lose my progress so bad, even used my sole marika's blessing. Made it to the boss room with a sliver of health, thank feck for marika's statue outside. That Death Knight is a mental boss fight!! The grab not only brings me a sliver of health but it seems to replenish his health as well. No way I'm moving on until i beat him but I need a serious wind down before bed.

Ha! The very next go, i went with a different ash instead of mimc and the boss was dead in under a minute. I don't care how cheesy some of those ash spirits are, some of these bosses are mental!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,396 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Dancing Beast down - that might just be the most visually chaotic boss fight I’ve seen in any From Software game 😅

Highlight of the DLC so far are the coffins / tombs that scream at you exactly once when you approach for some reason. No notes.

Do you mean the big double doors that are locked at the bottom? 

Yeah there’s a shortcut down. In the area before you cross the rooftops with the zombie birds, you come out onto the ramparts and you go left instead of right. Then left again (the opposite direction to the swarm of spiders that spawns there) and there’s a lift down to the bottom.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭recyclops

I've found a few bosses/dragons are regen health during fights (or seem to be) really bloody annoying.

I've a feeling that belarut door will be opened from above not connected with the gaol

The skill Taker’s Flame

*Decreases the Fire’s Poise Damage

*Removed the Fire’s Knock Down effect

The skill still takes chunks out of enemies and bosses though and you still have the healing

Looks like I missed the Catacombs. My plan to follow the each individual map to a tee went out the window ages ago. In fact, I've been in this area for hours and the map itself is somewhere on lower ground – can't get to it at the moment.

The gaol is the underground prison dungeon. Like Recyclops said, I have a feeling it's opened from Belurat settlement.

Ah, nice and confusing name then 😅 Yeah I’ve only done the Belurat tower settlement area so far.

Man, i had to back out of that settlement, it was actually the first location i went to when booted up the dlc. Was getting wrecked by regular ghost guards. Credit due though, they for me with that jump out of waterfall bit 😁

Have hit my first big roadblock of a boss. A damn dragon. As per usual with these games, did pretty well on my first try, and since then can barely get him down below half. Going to have to leave him and come back later, need to get Mimic and myself some more upgrades.

There’s an enemy on the stairs before the boss in Belurat tower that feels like they’re in a character action game like Bayonetta while everyone else is in a Fromsoft game 😅

• Advertisement

Met them in other areas too, there's actually one in the open field area at the start who jumped me. Hateful pricks!

Their weapon looks cool though, haven't tried it out yet.

Spent all morning getting wrecked by

Messmer the impaler. Any one defeat him yet? Any tips?

Edit: Got him. The difficulty level is unbelievable in this

Post edited by Unearthly on

• Registered Users Posts: 12,207 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

My vigour is at 65 and I'm getting 2 shot by the first mini boss I've found, I was worried id be worried id be over levelled. Not much dividend in putting more points into vig either.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Nah it's all about the Scadurtree Blessings in the DLC. 60+ Vigor helps, but upgrading your blessings for you and your summons is what will make the difference in here.

Something very satisfying about seeing the map getting more and more populated with grace sites

I picked up 2 strong sounding ash summons but it's hard to know if they'll replace mimic or shield soldiers by the time i get them to +10. I haven't looked up anything about the dlc but I'm gonna see if any of the new summons are worth upgrading. I want to use new items and take a chance but don't want to waste precious resources.

Same deal with weapons but at least you know if you like a specific weapon first or not but it works be handy if you could see the full upgrade path to see what +16/+10 looks like.

I got Rellana's swords up to +9 to try them out, but I'm too used to my current setup and the DLC is too punishing to really take a decent try. Might save them for another NG+ playthrough of the main game.

• Advertisement

Reached Messmer. Tried Messmer. Tried Messmer a dozen more times. Put down the controller for the night because Messmer.

I knew I'd despise the fight because to get to him you have to get through probably over a dozen Fire Knights who are absolute f*cking c*nts.

Advertisement