Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout [Amazon]

Options
1235»

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I liked it. Great visuals. Wasn't a fan of maximus, but we might get more on him. Some low brow humour, the waters breaking (put my hand over my mouth laughing for that one), and the presumed lack of sex ed in the brotherhood of steel. :-)

Going to be a lot of ghoul builds in fallout. Where the F is my family. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

Looking forward to Centarus, supper mutants and deathclaws.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,794 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Just finished the 5th episode, absolutely brilliant series.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Apothic_Red

Held back on this for a bit.

Had watched first 3 episodes on release then parked it for a bit.

Thought once the Vault 31 intrigue kicked off it found it's feet, Goggins is the obvious highlight, costume design is up there with Loki. Could have done without the Brotherhood sideplot but I see why they needed it.

I only played Fallout 4 so have many questions, why didn't she give the mother some of the ghoul juice, how was she still animated ???

where did the Brotherhood suit appear from in Vault 4, thought they left it undercover back in the railway station ???

If it has been 200 years how hasn't Kyle McClaughin aged ??

Once brain Brad closed the door in Vault 31 surely her brother could have figured a way to reopen without getting into a pod ???

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I enjoyed it a lot while watching, but funnily enough I have no interest at all in rewatching it, which is very rare for a series I enjoy. Like I will watch season 2 when it comes out but I don't feel any great need for it either.

I love the games and replay them regularly so maybe that's why the show felt a bit empty to me with only so few episodes

(reminds me of Starfield in a way)

• Advertisement

Prolonged exposure to fallout can turn you into a ghoul, once a ghoul the time you go feral is random (I think) but it’s thought to be inevitable. It’s why the ghouls are shunned and not usually allowed in human settlements.
    The suit could have been tracked back the way they came and Kyle could have gone into cryosleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

Finished this a while back. Not a gamer, so never heard of this until this thread popped up in mad anticipation. Though I can't say I absolutely loved it, it was very enjoyable as a sci-fi/fantasy crossover. Lots of interesting world-building and characters (some less so), done with tongue-in-cheek aplomb. I'd definitely recommend it as a sci-fi/fantasy crossover, but like a previous poster stated, I don't think it would merit a re-watch. Very much looking forward to season 2 though, as its promises a lot of inventive fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Kingslayer

It took a couple of episodes to draw me in but I loved it by the end. Some great humour, my favourite was the fiddle music buff in the heavily guarded radio station. lol

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,378 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Forgot tow ever add my thoughts on this: I loved it and absolutely nailed the tone of the games while threading a really engrossing story. A bit surreal seeing as much pre-war setting as we did, but again really added to the texture of the thing. Definitely looking forward to season2 and wondering how close it'll stick with the games - especially given

The NCR seems to be extinct?

Until that it had seemed the show was sticking with the canon of the games.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,378 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Hmmm not quite buying their reasoning there, seems like a reductive way to build the world.

It's my one complaint of Bethesda era fallout though: nobody has built anything, even after this time. Everything's still full of shantytowns, and I guess this is gonna extend to the series.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Kingslayer

When the two guys were in quarantine before being allowed to enter vault 4, the leader said they had found Maximus' armour and were bringing it to the vault for him.

re Hank McClane not aging, the way I took it up is that all the vault leaders came from vault 31, which is were the vault tec staff had been kept frozen since the bomb was dropped. Whenever vaults 32 or 33 needed a new leader Bud Askins would thaw one out and sent them to the vault in question.

I only played Fallout 4 so have many questions, why didn't she give the mother some of the ghoul juice, how was she still animated ???

I think past a certain point you can't revert the effect or turning into a ghoul; and what good would the juice have done, her mother was gone & beyond saving. while the radiation in this universe prolongs life - Goggins' ghoul survived gunshots easily enough because of his abilities.

The developers themselves have said that it was never clear in the game. People are getting way too tied up on “cannon” that is not consistent in the game. The whole concept is ridiculous and runs with it. I’m really not sure what people complaining about that wanted.

Advertisement