Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getflix.com smart DNS lifetime subscription $29

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭baz9375

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Nosnikrap

I had same timeout issue yesterday, support advised to update IP even though it was green tick/same IP address and problem was resolved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Down for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 72 ✭✭MrMagoo

Same here. Been down most of today. Netflix and Amazon services not connecting but are fine when I use the ISP DNS and switch off Getflix, so definitely a Getflix issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

Try getflix.com rather than getflix.com.au that worked for me, but still can't access amazon.co.uk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,142 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I had no issues until tonight. UK prime had no issues this morning but tonight I had to use a vpn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭lukeeman

Out of the blue my Netflix account has changed to the US how do I change it back , updated my Ip address on Get flix and I also lost prime. any ideas

You shouldn't be able to get US Netflix if you have a lifetime sub with Getflix.

In the getflix settings you can turn off Netflix. This means getflix won't change to any country for Netflix.

I think the Prime issue is a different issue. Prime UK doesn't work for me since last night. I assume this will fix itself after a few days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭lukeeman

its crazy i have paid version of get flix and have net flix turned off, ill have to get on to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

getflix.com.au back working for me, I now have access to amazon.co.uk

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 167 ✭✭bobgaf

Anyone having BBC iPlayer and Channel 4 app issues ? I have these on a couple of Firesticks and now neither app works. The Channel 4 app just hangs at the 4 logo stage and the iPlayer just goes to a dark screen. I've forced an IP update in Getflix and that seemed to work previously but now not. Curiously, the ITVX app works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭CoBo55

iPlayer not working for me either on a Samsung TV I didn't try the 4 app. ITVx and the channel 5 apps are both working. I've another problem with an LG TV, when I change the DNS to the Getflix numbers the TV doesn't have an internet connection. If I change it to auto it has a connection, both TVs are wired back to the router via a switch which is working as the skyQ box and mini box are on the same switch and working perfectly. Very frustrating 😡

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

iPlayer and ITVX are down on both my Firestick and browser so it's definitely looks like a Getflix issue with the UK apps, other non-UK apps that I use Getflix like F1TV pro, Peacock, Max are working fine for me

My5 was also down a couple of weeks back on a number devices these apps just fail sometimes but the UK ones down today is definitely on Getflix end which has happened before with the UK apps

Itvx, Iplayer, Prime UK are all working perfectly on my Android phone, tablet and Sony TV. My Wife couldn't get Iplayer to work on a Humax Satellite box yesterday. Tried it on the Sony TV and it was perfect

Sometimes there is a glitch with Getflix. Even though it's connected to the correct IP address, refreshing the IP address may resolve you issue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

I refreshed the IP address on Getflix, iPlayer now working on both Firestick and browser but ITVX and Channel 4 Player still not working. Any other US apps working perfectly as normal

Getflix when it works most of the time is a godsend but it can be randomly glitchy for periods like this

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭jonny_b

Channel 4 player does not need a DNS or VPN to use in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭bromley52

I've been h trouble with itvx for the last few days using getflix. No problem with vpn but not with Getflix

Nothing working here since yesterday evening, my IP changed overnight, I've updated it via the Getflix dashboard but still no joy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

The smart dns seems to be busted for ITV and BBC. Is this the end of Getflix?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,274 ✭✭✭ongarite

Working fine for me on DNS for iPlayer. Watching the Euros in spectacular HDR.

Change the DNS server to a different one and try again.

Which one are you using? I'm using the Irish one. I raised a ticket with them but no answer yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,274 ✭✭✭ongarite

I'm using the London one.

Thanks I'll give that a try. The iPad always works as I can put in 2 DNS addresses in it, the Irish one and the UK one, maybe it's defaulting to the UK one. The TVs can only use one DNS address.

Watching itvx without issue last night after 2 days of it not working. It seems to be hitting people randomly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭stanley1

VPN works for me but using server addresses has'nt worked since Nov 2023.

Are you using the VPN at router level? Not an option for me unfortunately as WFH requires using the company VPN and the Getflix VPN at the router messes it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭bromley52

Why not set the Getflix DNS at the router level?

• Advertisement

It messes up skyQ on demand.

Advertisement