Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer in the Civil Service 2024 Campaign

Options
  • 21-06-2024 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

New CO campaign open

Closing date July 4th

GGood luck all!

https://www.publicjobs.ie/en/?option=com_jobsearch&view=jobdetails&Itemid=263&cid=190451&campaignId=undefined

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭slick_rick88

Am I right in saying it is permanent clerical officer jobs instead of the last few years been temporary clerical officer jobs?

Best of luck everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭2021_AP

Yes permanent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭McSween

i was about to do this but saw the scenarios. Cant do those tonight

You have almost have 2 weeks to do them before the closing date, so no rush really 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Pamelabeasley

any advice for completing the scenario section?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭jecca1

I have just submitted the application this morning.

I've also applied for the tco role that was available in april. That campaign hasnt seemed to move at all past the location preferences stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭McSween

it says payment will begin at the bottom of the scale. No previous experience considered? When i worked in the hse my previous experience from tco revenue and social protection brought me up id that that and hse would do the same if i was offered something on this competition

• Registered Users Posts: 17,453 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Remember you are not a manager and part of a team at the bottom of the pecking order

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭sojustrutz

Best of luck to all going for this. First time applying for anything like this, I imagine it's a long and drawn out process? Any rough ETA when someone might get a start if they were lucky enough to get a job ?

yes this can be brought across as well as your hse service if it’s also at Co level - you will need to get statements of service and will take a while to get it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭NigelB770

Applied for the 2022 one, was around this time of year too I think, interviews were done by the end of the summer and panels announced sept/Oct, got a job offer around December time and started at the beginning of 2023. It's a slow process between application short listing, interviews, results, offer, garda vetting, reference checks

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Beckett99

ETA is unfortunately anyone's guess as it's an unbelievably slow process.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Rita57

Could anyone refer me to where I could find out what the take home pay is for this role? I know the weekly gross pay is on the description but trying to work out annual gross salary and net to make a comparison to my current role.

if you search take home pay calculator Ireland you’ll find a few, I think pwc have one

Application from the OH gone in for this and EO

• Registered Users Posts: 8,684 ✭✭✭shmeee

I posted this in the 2023 CO thread when someone asked. So pasted it in here, might help you.

Point 1 CO:

Gross pay is €555.90 p/w, net pay is a max of €480-ish and thats before any deductions for pensions, income protection or unions etc. which could be €20-40 p/w. This is on normal/single person or even joint assessed and both working.

Yes, you may get €520, but that's if you've excess Tax Credits to use or other Tax Credits to add to your record. And if not worked for a number of months this year too, you'll have excess TC's to use.

I would recommend to use a online Net Pay Calculator and do the sums and your own personal information to see net pay.

Ps. It's gonna be poor starting off TBH and a shock.

I only started in the council yesterday, I was on a permanent panel but they offered me temporary job offer but it wouldn't effect my permanent position in the panel (as i was number 1 to get next permanent contract) so I accepted it. Received my contract at the start of the week I originally thought it be 1 year temporary contract and through the next few weeks or months or 1 year they would eventually offer me the permanent contract. This is what it said in the contract: "Commencement Your employment as temporary Clerical Officer with … County Council commences on 28th June 2024 and will cease on 27th June 2026, both dates inclusive. This is a fixed term contract of employment and therefore the provisions of the Unfair Dismissals Acts, 1977-1993, will not apply to the termination of this contract where such termination is by reason only of the expiry of this fixed term".

But after few hours of starting HR called and asked me to go up to them and I was wondering why.

They spoke to me and told me that I would have been offered a permanent contract in the next few weeks but they spoke to their supervisor and they both agreed to give me the permanent contract so they had to scrap the old temporary one and give me the new permanent contract!

Post edited by slick_rick88 on

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Rita57

• Registered Users Posts: 1 LilyOdhranSadhbh

Hi there,

Do you know what the next stage is after you submit your application please? Is it that if you score high enough in your application you get to interview stage or is there aptitude tests between submitting application and interview?

Thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Nel2907

I was wondering the same myself? Is there aptitude tests on this?

• Advertisement

Looks like they will interview based on scoring from the short assessments they had in the application form

Just submitted the application there. Whilst some of the scenario responses were straightforward, I found some of them a bit tricky and felt there could of been a few different responses for them. I kept revisiting it and changing answers , so eventually thought feck it and just submitted it this morning. I would advise anyone doing it to just go with your gut and don't overthink it like I was probably doing! Best of luck all, onto the EO one now which will be a bit more challenging I assume.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

Hey all. For the part A, what did ye put down generally? Is this where the STAR method comes into play? I have listed the responsibilities/achievements bullet point style. Is this wrong?

Thats what I did. Star won't come into it until the interviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

Advertisement