Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else feel ashamed of getting the Covid shots?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Norrie Rugger Head

Good aul social media, allowing the previously isolated village idiot/crazy talk to all the other village's idiots

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Registered Users Posts: 30,077 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Depends what you mean by effects?

Vaccination triggers an immune response that wanes over time but can last for decades in your long term B memory cells. They sortof remember the blueprint fo fight off a virus if encountered again but can take few days to kick in... depending on how healthy your immune system is and how closely the virus matches what it saw before.

Actual antibodies which block immediate infection are short lived and would be gone months after vaccination or infection.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

@ snowcat ( quote function not working )

That was uncalled for . I posted nothing like that in this thread and many people have moved on with their lives myself included ...yes, thanks to the vaccines ... and the only person who appears to be full of hate is you .

Think maybe you need to step back and calm down

I could call you a lot of names too but you are just a bit pathetic at this stage so its not worth the effort .

Thats why I don't choose to post in these threads anymore . So many people who cannot accept that everybody has gone on and couldn't give two hoots about Covid anymore now we are vaccinated by and large .

Time to move on now .. its bad for you to be so consumed by imaginary insults .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭snowcat

You should have got a better degree if it barely qualified you to read a scientific paper. I wont get in to a bragging match but i have more qualifications than you.

You liked an ignorant and ill informed post which referred to persons who did not take the vaccine as scourges on society. So you are fair game. You are also on record as a dedicated and veracious pro hard lockdown merchant. The zero Covid Zealots. Who I believe caused irreparable harm to health and society at the time with their extremist views.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,507 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

If you think in the climate of 2020 and 2021, North and South Dakota are 'closest in climate' to Ireland, I've a bridge to sell you. Likewise geography.

As for demographics, well North Dakota, population under 1 million: 10 people per sq. mile. Ireland: 71

South Dakota: 10.7, population under 1 million.

And, if you're making a point, you show the data. You're not engaging in good faith.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,507 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Just like on the anti-vaxx threads, the nonsense 'pro-vaccine' shows up. No such thing. Pro-health maybe.

Pro-reality works too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭jackboy

It was said that the spike protein persisted in the body for about one year post vaccination. Also, protection from the vaccine was said to wane quite quickly, significantly after a few months.

Since Omicron, wave after wave of covid has ran through the population so there is a good chance that this has effectively topped up people's immunity since the vaccinations.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Fair enough. I missed all that context. Just dip in and out of this thread.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

Fair game... what are you rambling about?

I had posted nothing until you started on me, name calling , out of the blue .

Just BS.

You were proven to be nothing but a wum and here you are again ;) you certainly are a good arbiter for ignorance and ill informed posting ..And not because you ever post anything worth reading !

I am enjoying my life , again thanks to the vaccines .. and the sun ..you should too .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭thatsdaft

All you can do is delete the quotation but it won't let you delete your entry completely without posting a few dots eg …

Probably caused by Covid vaccines ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭thatsdaft

probably, tho my 5G signal has never been stronger 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 23,638 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

• Registered Users Posts: 16,666 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Dounjoe got there before me, I assumed you would read and understand the answers, but it's clear that was also beyond you in this latest gish gallop attempt.

Do you want me to quote the answers for you, or did you manage to find them? (serious question lest you try and accuse me or not answering...).

And accusing others of lies again when every one of your posts is full to the brim with them, you seem to be projecting here.

There were ways to discern the difference, it was remarked in several of the reports, the discerning would have done little to change any policies vs. spending effort to try and discern more accurately. But you're heading down a conspiracy cul-de-sac here, again.

The vaccines are long out of people's systems (within a couple of days of the injection). The immunity "memory" will still be there to various degrees depending on variant and the person and when last exposed or vaccinated (antibody counts will be low after 6 months as the human immune system doesn't keep coronavirus antibodies around for very long).

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Frumy

It's nonsense to state doctors get paid to vaccinate people?

If you think very common facts are nonsense fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Frumy

Fair play for resisting the incredible propaganda and pressure at the time to get it. You stood by your principals and didn't take something you didn't want to. Takes bravery to stand alone.

However stating you didn't get it and your mates do regret having it is very likely to have the lynch mob after you here or you getting banned from the site entirely anyone who's pro freewill or choice is not tolerated it seems. This people on this forum and unbelievably against freewill or personal choice when it comes to injections or vaccines as the assumption is I got it so should everyone else. My body my choice doesn't mean anything to these folk.

Expect a pile on in 3, 2 , 1

• Registered Users Posts: 17,981 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

It is your body, no one is disputing that. But your actions can put not just yourself but others at unnecessary risk. Those who didn't vaccinate during the pandemic put health systems under strain, put ICU's under strain, as well as increasing the risk of hospitalization and death to themselves

It's not just the pandemic, if you want to travel to a large number of African countries, they require you to have a Yellow Fever vaccination. This is not just to protect yourself, but it's to protect others (from outbreak's, which are very serious)

People have sadly demonstrated we lack responsibility to look after themselves and others (which is why we have seatbelt laws in cars or helmet rules on motorcycles)

Ultimately, during the pandemic, you didn't have to vaccinate, I know a few that didn't. They decided to put their lives at slightly (lower ages) or increased (older ages) risk because of a personal belief. Whether it was "anti-vax" or some "my body my choice" thing. Tragically a lot of unvaccinated people died unnecessarily. Conversely, the vaccines saved millions of lives. It's a no-brainer. It's just bizarre to see individuals who want to literally die on that hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Dohnjoe didn't explain it, he excused them.

I accused you of lies. Only you. You have form. You said Omnicron would have the same impact as Delta. That is a lie. A Deliberate lie. Not only was Omnicron mild, the population had a lot more natural immunity, a normal occurrence with viral infections.

The impact of exaggerating hospitalizations is unknown. Did Nphet use those figures to justify imposing further restrictions? If they did, did Nphet know those figures were inaccurate, did Nphet know they were not the actual hospitalization figures? If so, how is it Nphet knew the numbers were misleading and let the media report them anyway? Did media outlets know the figures were misleading? If so, why did they report them, did anyone in a single media outlet not ask that very simple question?

Now, answer those questions, and feel free to answer in your usual smug condescending manner!! Asking pertinent questions does not make a person a conspiracy theorist….you get very prickly when you are confronted with your lies and obfuscation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Sconsey

Aren't you the fella who said if a guy falls out of a tree and dies they are classified as Covid deaths if they had the virus? what other sh1te have you been making up? (can't believe I wasted my time fact-checking some your nonsense)

https://www.hpsc.ie/a-z/respiratory/coronavirus/novelcoronavirus/surveillance/covid-19deathsreportedinireland/COVID-19_Death_Report_Website_v1.8_02042024.pdf For surveillance purposes, COVID-19 deaths include deaths in all possible, probable and confirmed COVID-19
    cases (as per the COVID-19 case definition) and all should be notified, unless there is a clear alternative cause
    of death that cannot be related to COVID-19 infection (e.g. trauma).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭Shoog

The CT is strong in you. Argue the facts -leave the bullshit in your head.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Ya, I'd didn't think I'd have to spoon feed this one, no matter what the cause of death, a covid positive test made it a "Covid death"…this is why we didn't see any or little excess death in 2020 or 2021, despite the headlines!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,981 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

I explained that case. His lungs were blocked by ARDS due to Covid, which doctors concluded caused disorientation and his fall. We did see net excess deaths in 2020 and 2021, and this was despite other deaths from other sources decreasing due to pandemic measures.

Most countries experienced a net excess. And most countries adhered to WHO guidelines (including us) on determining deaths as a result of Covid.

Do you accept Dohnjoe's explanation of the ladder fall death now? And accept that you were utterly wrong about it?

Start from a position where you have learned something and then we can move on, otherwise you're posting in bad faith or from lack of education (maybe both).

Answering other questions (that have already been answered) is pointless if a shred of understanding from your side isn't being shown.

https://www.cso.ie/en/releasesandpublications/fp/fp-cvac/covid-19vaccinationstatisticsseries12/
    Looks like the vast majority of people took the first vaccine. They then transformed into anti Covid vaxxers. You should all be ashamed of yourselves…

Reader, nowhere does this linked article state that, this post is a total misrepresentation of its actual content which is a typical anti vaxxer tactic.

I will further point out your claim to not be an anti vaxxer, just asking questions about covid, yet when misinformation about the flu vaccine was posted to the thread, I did not see any post from you challenging the information. Yet you claim to be concerned that covid vaccine will impact uptake of other vaccines. The pretence in your posts is transparent.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,943 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I've not seen an answer to the question of what defines an anti-vaxxer as yet.

I'm extremely pro vaccines that have been well tested over a few years, and address diseases that are fatal or extremely damaging for the vaccine recipients (eg diphtheria, polio) . A lot more cautious about vaccines that are hurriedly introduced, especially if they used new technology. Even so, I see a place for them in a pandemic so long as people make an informed choice and aren't co-erced. I choose not to share medical information with randoms, so was happy to not go into gyms, pubs, cafes, etc when vaccine passes were required. And I don't believe we'd be told the truth if there were/are any issues with the Covid vaccine, because of the public-health impacts if there's increased hesitance about other vaccines.

Am I an anti-vaxxer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Sconsey

No no, you clearly said if someone fell out of a tree and was killed by the impact it was recorded as a covid death if they had covid at the time. Why did you say that when it is no true?

Are you purposely telling lies or just tragically misinformed?

1 - Death rate was mispresented (ie, ,people who died from falling out
    of a tree was a covid death if they managed to extract a positive test
    from the corpse)

• Advertisement

Yes.

This is anti vax conspiracy theory territory without foundation.

"And I don't believe we'd be told the truth if there were/are any issues with the Covid vaccine, because of the public-health impacts if there's increased hesitance about other vaccines."

This is demonstrably false, refuted by the actions of health authorities in monitoring vaccine issues and adjusting what vaccines recommended eg AZ, Moderna for certain cohorts.

Also people in Ireland were not coerced into getting vaccinated. If you are implying they were coerced and information deliberately withheld from them, that is another anti vax dog whistle. There was more information available to be informed about covid vaccines than any other vaccines in history.

Sharing your vaccination status to access high risk situations was not coercion. Nor was it sharing any specific medical information with randomers. Given that vast majority of adults were vaccinated. Anymore than sharing your DOB to buy alcohol or access a service is. Have you ever shared you DOB or address with a randomer to go to a pub or gym?

So can you spell out what the concern is? Because again it just seems to be anti vax dog whistling without foundation.

Do you agree with measles vaccinations? Do you agree with the regulations in various jurisdictions that mean unvaccinated children cannot attend public schools? Those regs are not just to incentivise uptake to protect the children themselves but also those they come into contact with.

Advertisement