Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Acquiescence

Edit: sorted after phone call with apologies from them. Not CN. It's never easy!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

close, but no cigar. Your wallet won’t be taking a hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,055 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Dang! 🤣

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

Was there a gear for sale thread around these parts at some point?

I've a few bits in excellent nick that I've never really used and need to justify the €350 I just spent on boots before She Who Must Be Deceived tries to kill me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Possibly but throw up details in here anyway. One of the more active threads in the bike section 👍

• Advertisement

Throw the old ones in your neighbour's bin and say you got €150 on Adverts for them? 😁

Boards discount if somebody wants to take both!

Alpinestars Jeans size 34

https://www.donedeal.ie/gentsclothes-for-sale/alpinestars-copper-out-size-34-motorbike-jeans/37185198

RST tractech Evo 3 Boots size 8

https://www.donedeal.ie/gentsclothes-for-sale/rst-tractech-evo-3-motorcycle-boots-size-8-eu42/37195210

can a couple of you lovely people provide me with an alibi for some time in the near future?

I was scrolling through facebook last night and in the suggested reels part I saw one saying “I had a lovely chat with a Garda today” so let it run it on.

Some chap on the m-50 being told off for filtering between cars at speed.

Then I recognised something. The chap being spoken with was my son. My not passed his driving test son. My not wearing his tabard son. My not going to live very long son. Especially after I’ve looked at some more of the videos on his instagram

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭goblin59

Have you got a paddocks stand? just take his wheels

unfortunately he moved out two weeks ago. Be easier to kill him!! 😄

The videos have been going on a lot longer that 2 weeks though. I’m gone beyond angry, I’m just really disappointed in him. Riding the bike up on footpaths to avoid traffic lights that sort of thing.

He’s deleted all the stupid behaviour videos from his account now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭goblin59

That's pretty bad form tbh going on the footpath and stuff.

I agree. But typical 20 year old he’s saying that his behaviour is not my problem.

I'm just so bloody disappointed in him.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Sir Galahad

Tell him his stupidity will end with him in an ER. And that has an impact on you, so his behaviour is ultimately your problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,979 ✭✭✭✭listermint

At the end of the day the insurance can lift his cover. So if he likes his bike tell him he could easily lose it entirely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭geotrig

though spot and nothing worse than it especially trying to reason with a 20 year old ,hope you get through to him

I’ve been going down the route of “if you hit someone then you are directly affecting them as you’ll be regarded as an uninsured driver so it’ll take longer for them to get sorted” trying to appeal to whatever shreds of decency and non selfishness are left in him.

I don’t think it’s working though. I’d say if I positioned myself in the m50 today between where he lives and works I’d see him on it again

you n me both. He’s blocked my wife’s instagram account from viewing his page. He doesn’t know mine though, so can’t block it.

Well fingers crossed some of it goes in. You know the youth though, we all knew it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

sorry for your trouble, I have a 20yr old Who Knows Everything As Well. He had a small off recently and I'm hoping the cost of that will cool his heels. Otherwise take it to the track.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

The new R1300GS Adventure launch today. Not a whole lot of love on the interwebs nor the launch crowd on YouTube. Fairly muted responses.

Looks kinda shite alot, from my amateur eye.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭D3V!L

I've had 3 GSA's , two 1200's and the outgoing 1250. I love the utilitarian look but this takes it to a new level in terms of ugly. The GSA was never a looker, it's good at what it does and is possibly a class-leading machine.

The thing a lot of people don't get about this bike is, you're not supposed to like the look of it. You'll never put a picture of it on your wall. You don't look at it across the car park when you get off it. It's designed to take you and your luggage on 10 hour days without feeling like sh!te afterwards, then do the same the next day.

Personally I got fed up with the ease of use of my old 1250GSA, it was a great bike, actually too good. My missus bought a Harley, I rode it and I realised that it was the guttural feel of riding a bike I missed. I stuck it on Donedeal and it was sold for a handsome sum within a couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Looks more like the ride on toy from Smyth's now than something the design team spent **** loads of time on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

It's ugly as hell.

Tbh I like the look of the 1250GS. And others seem to also. Mine never seems to not get people coming up to me commenting on it.

GSes have always been ugly as fook

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

The other colour options ain't too bad I don't know why they went with the Red colour for the promo.

But that Horizontal Spotlight and the silver metal panel behind it look like pieces you'd get from AliExpress.

https://configurator.bmw-motorrad.ie/index_en_IE.html?country=IE#/configurator/0M31/P0N2L,S0380,S0457,S0748,S0771,S07A6,S08CA,S09T2/COLOURS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

Transformer vibe off it from the front.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Yes but I do quite like the "door scrapers" 🤭

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭geotrig

not sure i'd get that out to the shed ,need to look up just how wide that thing is !

Question for ye all as I'm currently thinking of a change and while it was never a much of a consideration before and i always treated bikes slightly different with regards cars etc, it has me wondering what is too much milage (not including those bmw gs's) for you? for years we were blessed with relatively low milage bikes and have been looking abroad and here currently and noticed a lot of higher milage machines and wondering if getting rid of nice low milage 10k machine was just madness !

• Advertisement

10,000 miles? Barely run in. never mind 10k km…

Advertisement