Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling Ireland 2024 road calendar

Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,727 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Handy day in Arklow today for a few Boardsies, race over when the break got near 2mins on us. That being said I made no effort to take it back!

We’ll be back next year for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,387 ✭✭✭Macy0161

The Ronnie Coates race was very stop start - came down to a sprint. I was shelled final time up Kilmacurragh but ploughed on and got back on. I was too active and took to much wind, but felt like it should've been attritional, but no idea whether that was just my old legs or the reality! It was launched every time up the drag anyway.

Anyone involved with the Masters championships this year?

It's listed as run in Mayo this time round & wondering what the parcours will be like.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭Bambaata

I believe its to be a bit lumpy, lumpier than last year anyway but I havent come across the route yet. Was just speaking to someone about it the other week

Lumpier than last year is fine even a bit lumpy is okay but start using phrases like "wall" and i'm out!

• Advertisement

Anyone brave enough to enter Nationals Sunday?

A3 support race for me & may hang about after it depending on how the race goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Reality_Check1

on call this weekend would have given it a lash otherwise

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,771 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I'm too f*cking fat, old and wrecked in that order. This has not been a good year for me racing wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭this.lad

I'm too A4 for it. Going down to look at the racing anyway. Kids looking forward to seeing the superstars.

I could apply those 3 to myself as well 😂😂

• Advertisement

Il sign autographs no problem!!

It should be a good day for kids to meet the pros as it’s a small village.

Savage day at Nationals today, brilliant to see the top lads up close.

Also A3 race 30 riders ish & folk will wonder next year why races disappear. A proper circuit for racing even though it kills me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭wav1

Here's our next and final weekend for this year

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭LeoD

Fair play for taking part in any race back there as that hill out of Athea must be painful when trying to race up it. Only saw the men's race but it was a great event, excellent organisation. The short laps at the end were great for spectators also although it did get a bit confusing trying to figure out who was where after a lap or two.

The hill was actually the easier part would you believe, 16km of draggy roads after it were so tough..

I suppose second half of the season has started by now. Many racing this weekend?

I’m doing the gran fondo in Sligo. Despite the negative chat in the other group most people I’ve been talking to (who regularly race) are going. So if nothing else it’ll be a decent hit out

Sliabh Luchra ( tough course) for me Saturday evening then a week off the bike from next Wednesday.

This is me until the end of season.

I haven’t put a plan in place yet but the 2 big ones left are the Newry 3 day and Charleville 2 day.

Charleville 2 day a nice one to end the season (if I’m not at the world champs 😂)

Charleville is a love hate affair for me, like doing it but never do any good there especially on Stage 2.

The aim for me until season end is to grab the last 6 points needed for A2 just as a goal ticking measure. I much prefer A3 as i'm competitive in that grade so all going well i'll drop back to A3/C3 for 25/26.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Signed up for Newry, probably Charleville too

Anyone racing this weekend?

• Advertisement
Advertisement