Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New HKC App SecureComm2

Options
  • 30-05-2024 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭

Downloaded the new HKC app as a replacement for the older HKC app. Anybody else find its connectivity is poorer than the original app? seems like it fails to connect often after entering code.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭Sono

been using it a good while and have no issues whatsoever

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Also having big problem with connection. It’s a disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭kub

HKC had an issue with a server yesterday afternoon, that is what caused the issue with the most recent app.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Mitzy

I downloaded it yesterday and was unable to set it up. Says my user code is wrong (it isn't). Still getting that error this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭wildwillow

I'm also getting the error message about signal level this morning and can't access the app.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭KildareP

I got this when I moved over to the new app - it didn't like the fact I had a # in the SecureComm password set on the alarm panel despite the old app being perfectly happy with it. Changed and all worked after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I've been using the "new" app for a while now and haven't had any issues with it up until a few days ago but am now having issues logging in, where it fails on the first attempt to login using my fingerprint but works when I retry, and also random signal level errors.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,685 ✭✭✭✭altor

HKC had an issue the other day with Securecomm as they sent out a email for everyone to change over to the new app, which most did causing a issue for everyone. Its fixed now so should be back to normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Darando

Seems it was a temporary issue with their server and new app. Yesterday and today however the actual panel in the house has LAN/Comms failure, wonder if related to new servers etc… and it seems not just my house, also in another siet I have access to….others?

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭dclifford

Also gettings lan errors last few nights. very annoying.

7.8kwp South facing, Slane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,241 ✭✭✭ongarite

Same here, LAN faults tonight waking me up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭Hooked

I’m lying awake here with the panel beeping and no app working. Afraid if I go downstairs (to the panel) to shut it up, I might not be able to disarm it. HELP 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Any idea how to fix this? Been turning off the beeps but back on every hour

• Registered Users Posts: 6 hurlo83

Any idea how to disconnect the speaker on the circuit board? I’m demented going down to knock off the beeping every 20 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Kurooi

Up all night Jesus Christ.

Muffled it with pillows now but stupid panel the beep is so high pitched and there is no speaker it just goes through everything

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Nuphor

Alarm renewal time, absolute last straw tonight. No chance whatsoever that I’ll continue to use HKC. No sleep at all.

just put in the normal disarm code to silence it

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Nuphor

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭MickH503

Post edited by MickH503 on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭oppiuy

Getting this now every couple of hours. It's a nightmare

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

If getting a LAN/Comms failure and have the wifi card in your alarm, reboot your home broadband router to see if this fixes it.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Darando

Painful…I knew it wasn't just my panel when this started earlier in week.. poor service since that new app roll. No proactive emails or notices saying they have a problem last time..let's see this time

I'd say plenty of installers phones will be hopping today

Securecomm cloud portal is down. The installer login page won't load either

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

every half an hour from 2am onwards

It’s going to be a long day

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Ministripe

GSM line fault? Is this same as LAN fault beeping all night disarming and back again an hour later...😫 also not connecting on app. Appreciate in advance any suggestions to fix

No fix for home user. It's up to HKC to fix their cloud server. The loss of communication is causing all these angry, tired posts this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Ministripe

Thanks for the feedback ongarite. Guess we are all bleary eyed this morning 😵‍💫

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭Hooked

the only plus is I started at 7am instead of 9… so I’ll be out the gap at 3!!! LOL.

we’ve a Siberian husky that HOWLS at alarms, phone ringing and calls via speaker phone.

At least he didn’t react to the beeping last night! Every cloud… pardon the pun

• Advertisement
Advertisement