Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2fm - New schedule coming

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭ Leslie Inexpensive Swinger

The only time I’ve ever seen her getting a positive reaction is old wans on social media posts saying they miss her old man - she’s a poster child of ridicule and nepotism

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Ah here, come on will ya? 10 years working for 2FM (probably more), in that time any presenter on any shift should be able to sit in when needed. If you know your craft, you can be nervous on the inside but not show it on air. That goes to show that she has never had any direction or air checking.

Post edited by California Dreamer on

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭DangerMouse27

Girls her own age and younger. The group that gobble up gossip magazines and make up tutorials.

She's had a podcast series with JZ that had a good initial impact, haven't heard much about it lately. Her Dancing with the Stars podcast thing does good numbers. Or did.

She did win the thing, So someone was voting for her.

Come on, what? I'm not disagreeing with you. And nerves are normal.

Beta da Silva was sitting in for Tracey and he's definitely been a bit nervous.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Shan Doras

So not even a full week into the "summer schedule" there are already several presenters on holiday/in a different place on the schedule. Typical RTE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,738 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Is it possible that the summer schedule wasn't planned for until a bunch of presenters left within short period of time? And existing holidays would still need to be respected then...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,402 ✭✭✭Tork

Girls her own age? She turns 39 later this year and is old enough to be the mammy of some of 2FM's listeners.

I did say, and younger. And whoever voted for her in DWTS.

I did hear from someone before that worked in RTE, that the phone lines (text I presumed) lit up when she was on different shows. Its a metric they will use to measure audience interests and whether its pos or neg engagement, its still engagement.

Exactly. Just timing. Laura Fox started and then left for her holidays.

I like it. If its one step closer to respecting contractors. And by contractors, I also mean producer's, editors, etc. Diverging again here.

Anyone else bothering to tune in? Hurling on the ditch?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭RINO87

I listened to drive today anyway. Fcuk me it was piss poor.

Actually no, maybe it wasn't. Production etc was fine. It was just incredibly boring. Lotties accent for a few hours is a thing to behold...... I'll never subject myself to that show again. Friday drivetime is supposed to be fun FFS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭radiotrickster

I listened for about half an hour during the week and they barely spoke to each other. Lottie introduced a song, the song played, David introduced a song, the song played.

It turned out to be a requests hour but there was one song they must have cut 90 seconds in because it was time for the 5:30 headlines. I’d hate to request a song, actually get it played and then have it cut short to hear the news.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭RoTelly

______

Just one more thing .... when did they return that car

Yesterday

FIgures? as in, the numbers of people who listen? Nope. Do you?

It charts well when the TV show is on, but it's topical. She definitely has a DWTS following and that's undisputed. She did win it.

I wouldn't have asked if I did. I don't but I am always surprise when people say something is doing well, the audience is good. You say it charts well, on which platform?

TV3 had a habit of saying audience figures were good, or that they had even doubled, double from what?

______

Yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭its_steve116

TV3 has not existed since 2018; we have Virgin Media Television now.

I was actually talking about TV3 back then but and here's something for the books

VMTV ONE - full name TV3 Television Network Ltd

VMTV TWO - full name Channel 6 Broadcasting Ltd

VMTV THREE - full name UTV Ireland Ltd

I think FOUR and More come under ONE!

______

Yesterday

Are you just being a bit pedantic? It's on Apple Charts and in Ireland, its in the top 2/3 when the show is on. I get that you are deeply mistrusting of Rte or official figures. But let's not go around the houses. This is about the new radio schedule.

A poster had questioned her popularity. And from various metrics, she's popular in certain circles.

Thanks. Also as you say it could just be DWTS. I imagine the 2 hosts are both replaceable, maybe even Lottie gets that job!

______

Yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 13,053 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Just to clarify, Laura isn't on holiday, she's filming Ireland's Fittest Family.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Kingslayer

There was silence on 2fm this morning for about a minute after I switched on, then it came in halfway through a song. I thought a special recording was meant to kick in automatically if there is that much dead air.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,053 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Mistakes happen. One time Carl Mullan was on early weekend breakfast and there was about two minutes of dead air at the start, well we say dead air what had actually happened was he put the wrong studio live. It was just before Dan Healy took over so whoever was head at the time got woken up at home by an automatic Dead Air alarm. When he heard what had happened he just laughed it off. I reckon it was out of relief, because Carl would have been on his own in there at that time and dead air might mean a medical emergency with the presenter and nobody to call an ambulance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭RINO87

Didnt know Carl was there that long. When did he start on weekend breakfast?

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Chun the Unavoidable

Back in the 70s there was a fault and RTE 1 (tv) failed to air for a few hours on January 1st. The TV critic Kevin marron wrote that he thought it was their new year's resolution but sadly it wasn't.

on friday after 5 they have a version of the out the gap lingering on in that they play dance/EDM stuff to jig us up for the weekend. The only thing is that unlike when the 2 johnnies did it, this is very much "mum and dad" sort of stuff, quite tame. also i did notice as someone posted earlier this one/one way of presenting in that they dont actually seem to be talking to each other at all.

Sadly, David has certainly taken the "two messers" thing to heart. Shouting and screeching (I cant think of any other word) at 90 decibels is just unlistenable. Actually the "two messers" idea is something like a granny would think up for "young peoples radio" and harks back to 2fm's AnCo Radio heritage.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Newbie12345The

I get the vibe Lottie isnt popular in the station with the other on air talent

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Kingslayer

I tuned in to Lottie and Dave briefly and also picked up on the lack of real communication between them. Heard Sam and Dani on r1 this morning and it seems to flow more naturally with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,706 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Lottie is fuming, and if Daddy was still around he'd give RTE an ear full !!

Spotted the newspaper this morning, at a glance it seems to be all about "disrespecting gerrys name" more than the merits or demerits of lottie as a presenter. If that's coming from "sources" 😉 than it reveals a lot.

It's brutal even by 2fm standards they started only 3 weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,180 ✭✭✭pgj2015

I always switch stations when I hear her, few reasons, the posh southside accent, the fact she only got the job because of her dad, and she acts like a teenager the way she goes on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Clo-Clo

First off she is nearly 40, so hardly a "girl"

My other half is her target audience, talk to her and friends and they will tell you she ruined the breakfast show when they shoved her into it and now the afternoons. Well seemingly not anymore

At least it shows 2Fm have finally had some sense

In terms of her win of Dancing with the Stars, a number of times from recollection she was in bottom and was saved by the judges. On the final it was in covid and she was pushed from every angle in the media for a least a week. RTE clearly had a plan they wanted her to win it, the other person, can't remember name but she was far superior

Advertisement