Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New HKC App SecureComm2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

Alarm beeping every 20 mins since 2am here

Driven the entire house mad, no way to disable this I assume? We've a panel in the bedroom so too loud to ignore it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 56hb

any update on what the problem is and when it will be fixed?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

The app is working for me. I’m able to log in remotely and see the alarm status etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭gipi

Mine started at 2am too - glad to know it's not just me!

I read elsewhere on boards that the warning beeping can be disabled, but only if you have the engineer code.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Same here, last night at 1am and this morning at 7am. Luckily it's only a beep from the keypad and not an alarm but still very annoying.

I'm also finding the keypad is very unresponsive when I enter the code to acknowledge it, and there's huge delays before it stops beeping. Anyone else seeing this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

I have the engineer code for my panel.

Any idea how I disable beeping, even if only temporary. Cannot deal with another night like last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 VDFUser22

It should be fixed by the end of the day says HKC.

You just enter the engineer code on the panel and it will ask authorised by so then you enter your usual user code. Press quit when you're done and it will ask to exit engineer menu then hit yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 trickybicky

I put mine into engineer mode - hopefully that stops the beeping until fixed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭Hooked

anyone care to share how to put in ‘engineer mode’?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 VDFUser22

Just type the engineers code at the panel. There's no prompt to enter it. The default code is 4567. If that doesn't work you'll need to ask your installer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,402 ✭✭✭Tork

We tried that and it made no difference. I'm working from home today and the beeping started up again about an hour ago. I've had to shut it off 3 times already since then and no doubt the 4th will be any minute now.

If there's nobody around to shut the beeping off, does it keep going forever?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭Alun

It's apparently a server issue at the HKC end of things, so the communication method, whether WiFi or GSM, is irrelevant. The error message, GSM line fault, is just misleading.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Kurooi

My panel was beeping every hour. Engineer code worked, thank you.

If you don't have the code, you should reach out and get it. You need it with this BS system.

But something that possibly worked for me last night - others can try out - I disconnected the router. Then the panel beeped one more error later but once I dismissed that, it didn't come back. My theory is that because it reported an error (can no longer connect to the wifi) and I dismissed it with my code, it's still the same error and it won't beep again. Whereas if it manages to reconnect even for a moment with the network it goes back to counting this as a new error you have to dismiss each time it manages to shortly reconnect.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭MickH503

Are there any social media channels where they post updates about outages, etc.? Can't find anything

• Registered Users Posts: 29,184 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

My panel is bleeping away to itself - quietly, thank goodness, so it didn't disturb me last night.

I tried putting in the engineer code (given up thread as 4567 default) but the panel is looking for a 6-digit number - anyone know what that one might be?

My installer is unavailable - I'm 99% sure he left it on default for this very reason, I'm also 99% sure I wrote it down somewhere but do you think I can find it???????

If HKC manage to fix whatever they've broken, will the panel just shut up by itself? (we'd better hope they're not run by Vanilla, or we'll have to hope they don't break two other things while they're at it 🙄)

If you type in the Engineer code, it will display "Authorised by"... Now type in your normal code and I think it should say "Service Menu" or something like that

But the only engineer code I know of is the 4567 provided by some other poster - but my panel is looking for a 6-digit number

I typed 4567 into mine and nothing happened. Like HeidiHeidi it seems to be looking for a 6 digit code

I only have this system less than a week, but I guess if it does not say Autorised By, then the engineer code you tried does not work.

Try 456789 ? :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 Lena11

They have just sent an email saying they will update via LinkedIn ???

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭EletricMan

Mine started last night just after 1am. lan scom fault and gsm line fault every 20mins or so. Are they the same fault related to the servers?

I have 3 key pads, one in the bedroom and all 3 the lights flash on and off on the keyboard since I had it installed. You can see the light even with the cover closed. Installer couldn't find anything wrong.

LinkedIn? It's not just us who are suffering from sleep deprivation today.

I tried 456789 - nothing.

Then tried 123456, and set off the whole alarm because I forgot I had the back door open! But when I disarmed it, the fault light is still flashing but the beeping has stopped.

No idea if my installer set 123456 as easy to remember for me (clearly not easy enough!) but might be worth a try for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Darando

HKC UK, not even HKC Ireland….oh dear. Quick enough to bill via email but communication of issues. It'll be pulled off the wall by tonight 😮

I don't use LinkedIn but tried to visit the HKC page to see if there were any updates. You can't view their content without having a LinkedIn account. There's no f*****g way I'm signing up for LinkedIn again. It's even more meaningless for retired people who definitely don't need the site.

WTF is that about?? I've never had Linkedin, and don't ever want it - so would anyone who sees any info on it be so good as to post it here please?

I found this on Facebook from an alarm installer. It's pretty grim when HKC doesn't have the courtesy to let its customers know that there is a problem. Especially when it's such an intrusive thing. I wonder how many people in Ireland are going around like zombies today?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭fat-tony

I emailed HKC this morning and they replied very quickly to say that Seceurecomm server 1 was down, but that they were working on a resolution. I felt like replying to ask whether they had a server 2 and why did that not kick in! I let them know that there had been several short-term outages in the past week and how annoying the constant beeping is every time the panel re-establishes communication and then loses it later. The panel has been quiet for me since I last unset it at 10am although the fault lights are still flashing.

Advertisement