Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taylor Swift - Aviva Stadium June 2024

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭LastApacheInjun

it’s hard to know unless you’re there. However if Bruce Springsteen can sing for 3 hours, why couldn’t Taylor Swift? Unless you saying that everyone who plays for more than 90 mins mimes some of their songs?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

What?? I saw the argument on here before about lip syncing but didn’t get involved. But I reckon she sings the majority of it, and when she isn’t she doesn’t try to hide that, she not miming and is letting the backing singers do their part as she takes break in the vocal. Sure there is music technology that is perfecting the sound, but she is an unbelievable singer. Are you saying she is not singing enchanted or all too well fully live?? Even the fast songs she is dancing around singing her bits, she is clearly very cardio fit. And each song apart from the piano/acoustic set is so well choreographed, both fast and slower songs, it is faultless really. Her vocals are clearly have little differences to the studio version and she mean in a good way, eg the end bits of are you ready for it, the ‘you deserve prison but you won’t get time’ line, even the orchestra sound in tolerate it. She has a very fine set of pipes on her!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,872 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Really looking forward to seeing Paramore this week too. Was at their last show in the 3Arena which was excellent. Insanely good support act slot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Its not only me saying it

https://x.com/consequence/status/1804888628188815365

It’s hard to know unless you’re there. However if Bruce Springsteen can sing for 3 hours, why couldn’t Taylor Swift? Unless you saying that everyone who plays for more than 90 mins mimes some of their songs?

Bruce doesn't dance and run around, he doesn't play 4 nights in a row.

Guys its plain to see most of the show is backing tracks, prerecorded in a live environment, obviously they aren't the album tracks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Jaffa3000

Bruce Springsteen is not a choreographed affair with dancing involved

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 RichardBzero

Longshot here but would anyone going to the Sunday night gig possibly be able to help me out or advise? I got four tickets for my daughters who are 19,16,13 and 10. We thought at the time that the 19 year old would be fine bringing them in but it's obviously saying over 25. They are in block 507 and going in the purple entrance. Wondering if anyone was in the same area could possibly meet us outside and walk in just for the checks. I will be driving them up and bringing them as far as I can. Any advise welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 slanket

I've seen a few adverts on Facebook for tickets (still trying to get some myself) and they are exactly the same seat numbers people are trying to sell,using the same screen shots etc - I know of 5 different people that have been scammed.

I have a code from last year and I was un successful getting tickets - will I get an email or anything if production tickets go on sale? Or can anyone get them? Anyone know what has happened in previous tour stops?

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭argentum

Dont worry about it as the age checks are mainly for the pitch standing .If in the unlikely event that they get stopped just get your eldest to ask the nearest adult to say they they are all together and they will sail through

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Mike3549

In other cities, people who didn't use their code, received a new one for production tickets. I received a new code for Stockholm show on May 13, 13:00. First Stockholm show was on the 17th. Based on that, keep checking your email today

Unfortunately for the UK shows people with existing codes couldnt access the production tickets, their accounts wouldnt queue. Only people taken off the waitlist could queue.

It may be different for Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭smurph

HI, I have 2 tickets for Taylor Swift on Friday 28th June… that I need to transfer to someone… it is still coming up that transfer is not available. is says that you can transfer up to 48 hours before the concert… that leaves Wednesday afternoon… Does anyone know what the story is …I am onto ticketmaster bot thingy and they they will reply to my query in the next 24 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

I think it's that Transfer will be available no later than 48 hours before the show. In other words, if you're going on Friday, it should be available to you no later than Wednesday evening, at which point you can transfer to the other person.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭smurph

thanks so much… sorry i misread that…. ….. would another option is that I let the person log onto my ticketmaster account on their phone…

then they could upload the tickets to their Apple Wallet…. it's a complete pain in the hole…. you would think they would let the transfer option sooner…

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

I tried this when the tickets appeared and it said you can only add to the Apple Wallet of the email linked to the Ticketmaster account (a pain in the hole) so still waiting for the transfer button to appear! Hopefully it’ll happen soon

I've done that many times before with my Google wallet, as recently as P!nk last week - my wife's account had the tickets and I logged onto her account on my phone, downloaded the tickets to my Google wallet, logged her out. No issues.

You could meet the person and log into your account and download the tickets to wallet and then log out.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭dashdoll

Why are they leaving transfer so late? I don't get it. Unless they think it deters touts etc. People have lives to plan. On another forum I saw someone say lots of tickets came up for Amsterdam on ticketmaster today. Hoping for a miracle.

Got it in one - they think that it deters touting.

But also it drives sales through the Ticketmaster resale platform which they'll get a cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭smallgarden

Does anyone know if the toilets for the general standing area are proper toilets or portaloos? Does it depend on the standing section you're in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

If you're in the front standing section, you're directed into the north stand (which is behind the stage), where there are bars, food and proper toilets on the lower level, so I'm sure it's a similar system at the back of the pitch as well.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Pepsicass

I was at Wembley night 1.

We were front left standing and my dd had me in the queue by 10am so it was a very long day. But it was fantastic. London had two supports. Mette who I'd never heard of was brilliant. Paramore were fantastic and Taylor really is in a league of her own. She came on stage at 7.20pm and played solidly until 1O.40pm, barely leaving the stage.

For those of you going this weekend - enjoy!, it really is an incredible show. For others still hoping for tickets, best of luck. I think a lot of cities released production tickets the morning of the concert so don't give up.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

Taylor has just posted this..all getting very real now!

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭dashdoll

Still no transfer open!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

My daughter is meeting a chap to buy two ticket on Friday. She is pretty savvy, they have been pretty frequent conversation and she has been checking his screenshots and the guy seems genuine. She is bringing cash and he will transfer the tickets to her ticket master account in person. I will be with her for the transfer.

I'm paranoid about scams, can anyone see if this could be a scam? If he transfers the ticket and it appears in her ticket master is that 100% safe at the job done?

Make sure that your daughter 'accepts' the transfer/tickets into her account once the seller transfers them. There is a window where a seller can cancel transfer before the recipient accepts them so in the unlikely scenario where that is the scam (unlikely because its quite a narrow window to try to scam someone), make sure she completes the transfer and they appear in her list of 'My Events'.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Lost Ormond

It's the same at back of pitch. Portaloos in tunnel area. Bar at South end of pirch

I work gigs and matches in aviva occasionally and that was set up for pink last week

Absolutely disgraceful that transfer isnt open yet.

Its just causing unnecessary stress for fans.

I dont see any logic to it, touting is banned and there were never any delivery delays pre legislation.

Mobile tickets are full of problems too, there were loads of issues at the Liverpool shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭Fanirish

the only logic is that it makes touting more difficult as shorter window to transfer. They want any ticket resales to go through them so they get more fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Absolute rubbish.They couldn't care less about touting as people are getting scammed a hell of alot more over this restricting transfer to the last minute crap.

It is solely so they can force people to use Resale as well as control the demand by holding back tickets when they first go on sale to drive people to buy Platinum and VIP Tickets by creating false demand as people panic buy thinking concerts are soldout and magically loads are released before the the majority of concerts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭Fanirish

I mean I’ve heard it from artist managers themselves about restricting ticket transfer window to curtail touts.
    For every stadium/arena show there is always tickets released a few weeks/week off for perfectly legitimate reasons (unused guestlist and production holds) it not part of a scheme to divert people to platinum etc

Advertisement