Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2024 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭acequion

Absolutely delighted with the timing of my holidays and return.😀 Flew off to Alicante on 8th June and missed a lot of cold weather here these past two weeks. Weather in south east Spain has been a bit underwhelming for Spain, but still warm and very pleasant, none of the searing heatwave over in Greece, though getting more like hot Spain at the end. Returned yesterday morning to a cool cloudy Kerry airport, but woke this morning to a lovely warm Tralee. A lot of cloud here as posters have been saying, but 20s temps meant I could dress like summer and spend the day in the garden comfortably. I always hate returning in summer to the cool weather here, so returning to warmth is a huge bonus and won't complain about cloud if we get a few more days of this warmth.

Enjoy it everyone.😎

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

Can anyone explain what the story is with the discrepancies between temperature listed in the Latest Reports section of the Met Eireann website, compared to the daily temperature graph for a station on the same page? See current 21.00 Casement info below, with the graph showing 16C and the latest report showing 20C. I've noticed this a good few times. Or am I reading it wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Current temperatures, not bad as of 22:30

• Registered Users Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭pauldry

Warmest day by a country mile for June 2024 for Sligo. 17.2c is now replaced with 22.6c

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,898 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

18c at 0500 at Dublin AP and Casement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,571 ✭✭✭kingshankly

this mornings rain wasn’t forecast or was it

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭wazzzledazzle

Warm muggy morning. Like yesterday, the clouds should burn off in the next couple of hours for a lovely day. 17c N Kildare

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭Kutebride

17⁰ Meath this morning.

Was a dash of drizzle or something damp patches on ground cars covered in water droplets..

Warm one👌

• Registered Users Posts: 6,227 ✭✭✭highdef

In the screengrabs that you posted, the first is the forecasted temperature and other weather parameters at a given location with the source information being raw computer data with little/no human input.

The second screengrab shows the actual/observed weather/temperature at a given official Met Eireann weather station located in an exact and non-changing location, at the top of a given hour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,025 ✭✭✭OldRio

Very cloudy and dark. 17C.

Leitrim

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭appledrop

20 degrees already at 9am and not even a glimpse of the sun.

Imagine how warm it's going to be when the sun comes out!

Ok, thanks. I would never have thought the first screenshot would be a forecast rather than actual data, because it only updates hour by hour - right now it only goes as far as 9am. And it's at the top of the same page as the second screenshot when you click on Current Observations. It almost always matches perfectly with the Latest Report data but I have just recently noticed these discrepancies for Casement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

Cloudy this morning. Hopefully the sun breaks through soon enough

• Registered Users Posts: 6,227 ✭✭✭highdef

My apologies, I was getting mixed up with the forecast weather:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

going to make the most of today's warm weather as it's a bit of a 1 day wonder. Temperatures back to average from tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,884 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Those predictions are always stupendous rubbish, often completely disagreeing with Met Eireanns own weather forecasting maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

Slate grey skies this morning. Normal service has resumed. Mild enough out.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

Thanks. Yeah, the graph I posted is now the official record of temperature for Casement under Yesterday's Weather. So anyone checking today would see 16C not 20C at 21.00. But which is correct? I wonder which will be stored under the long term records in Available Data (Daily Data) for future reference?

Actually there's a discrepancy again now at 10am. Casement listed as 21C but only showing 20C on the graph. The wind direction on the graph is also wrong - showing SE instead of the reported SW for Casement.

It actually looks like Dublin Airport data is being saved for Casement in the graph at the top and that's what's being recorded then in past weather records.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Robwindstorm

Ye, I'm in acres, but the parcel for hay/silage is in extensively grazed grassland rather than the low input grassland so I have to wait until July 1st. I hope you get it baled, there was a nuisance damp mist here in Meath this very early this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭fits

ah phew. I was wondering was I doing something wrong. Was in reap previously so happy to score the low input grassland. Although REAP was a much better scheme than ACRES.

Anyway back to the weather. Still have a lot of meadow standing. Not going to chance it this week I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

we can only be thankful that a sunny day was on a Sunday yesterday, that’s how dull our climate is, can’t wait for clearer fresher weather later this week. Hang on .. I’m seeing some blue sky above.

Continental feel to the weather today.

Broken Clouds, Humid & warm, 23c

• Registered Users Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭pauldry

20c in Sligo.

A lot of people in jackets though.

25c in Pheonix Park.

Might hit 27c there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Where are you getting temperatures back to average tomorrow? MT,Met E and Carlow weather all giving temperatures in the low twenties tomorrow and Wednesday.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,898 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

21c atm in Greystones despite a stiff onshore breeze.

Was in south Dublin a little earlier (Clonskeagh) and car thermo reading 25c. Felt a very warm/humid 25c.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Hairypoppins

Indeed ,temperatures widely into the 20s Tuesday and Wednesday with sunny conditions Wednesday too ,was bemused myself reading the post

• Registered Users Posts: 18,162 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Only small breaks in the cloud in Galway but feeling very warm and humid.

tomorrow and wednesday will be very pleasent without probably being quite as warm as today, but nonetheless, it's better than 15c, windy and rain. actually pretty much anything is better than that

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

25C at Phoenix Park, warmest day of the year so far.

Advertisement