Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2024 **No Ticket Sales / Requests** - Waiting in line, terrible time, over familiar

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,644 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

For a festival as conventional/MOR as Isle of Wight there’s a hell of a lot of good stuff on. Coverage all weekend on Sky Arts - The Streets, Prodigy, Crowded House, Bootleg Beatles, Johnny Marr, Pretenders, Pet Shop Boys, Suede, Keane, Mary Wallopers, Simple Minds, Green Day, Toyah Wilcox, etc. Not innovative nor exciting but relative to EP……..

And it doesn’t smack of cheapness either.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭antfin

And The Prodigy putting on a great show covering their entire highlights across 34 years! Sky Arts could do with rethinking the highlights format for the main stage headliners and just do it live or slightly delay but in full like BBC with Glastonbury. At least it just 6 weeks until The Prodigy leave us breathless in Ireland!

Decent coverage I think, though less of those bloody presenters please……..😀

Streets performance was hilarious.

Acts wise this doesn’t feel like a festival with 15k less capacity than EP. Up to you to redeem yerselves soon FR.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭nc6000

We did the early entry in 2022 and didn't think it was worth it, the Eco campsite just seemed to be full of people pitching tents to head off home and come back on the Friday. There was hardly anything open and not much happening so we headed into one of the bars in Stradbally.

if the Prodigy can be this good without Keith then there’s hope for Faithless sans Maxi in August.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Yes and by the time you add the ticketbastard booking fee it’s pretty steep too.
    Glasto is free entry with reg ticket from Monday Wednesday onwards, the entire site is pretty much open but certain bits like stages are still being worked on are fenced off.

EP there’s lots to do on Thursday, Anachronica, Trenchtown, Survivor stage, Salty dog to name but a few.
    BUT they’re extremely disorganised, horrendous communication between security, works crew and stage managers. There’s no set opening time to get into these locations (usually after 8) you must be patient with a mixture of craftiness, security will send you around to opposite gates to fob you off, often I’ve found all the gates in from the campsites are closed but you can hear music and see people watching the acts. We ended up taking an unofficial/unlit route through the forest paths last year.

I know it seems like everyone setups and leaves, but I think this is a very small minority.

Post edited by Fatfrog on

Glasto opens on Wednesday. On that day you’re moving around the site but the music stages are all shut. You’ll find stuff to do but it’s a day for getting settled.
    on Thursday more stuff opens up but there’s very little live music and none on the main 15-20 stages. South East Corner has stuff but it gets overwhelmed.

If it’s the music you’re going for the first two days can get pretty dull.

EP early ticket should be gratis but good luck persuading FR of that. I just take it as a chance to avoid the mayhem of Friday and get pitched early. I only met one couple (from Athy) who were pitching early and leaving. There’s really very few people doing that. Certainly none of the 8/9 tents around us that we were chatting with.

Was very good on the Thursday in 2022, mainly around the Salty Dog. Didn’t bother last year and had more of a delay on the Friday but got in easily enough. Definitely less stress to do the Thursday, better camping spots and it’s a great vibe around the place.

Yes my error, you’re correct opens Wednesday not Monday.

You been @Fatfrog , or heading in the near future? Not a festival to do yearly (unless you’re @desk tidy or @rubick) but if the weather holds out it’s pretty much peerless.
    EP in its heyday wasn’t so far behind, and we’ve more or less lost one of the best festivals in Europe.

Been once in 2014, but that was after many many years of trying! I’ve tried for tickets several times since, but no joy! Don’t understand how someone can get tickets year after year!!
    2014 was difficult torrential rain + thunder on the Friday sent the place into sh1t, weather was bliss aside from that, I came back home with a tan as if I’d been in Spain for a week.

Absolutely loved the place, I’d done tons of research on each stage and area, but mind was blown with the scale and just how well run everything was!!

• Advertisement

Same here. I was also there in 2014 and I’ve only gotten tickets on one occasion since. No idea how people like @rubick get tickets every year. Some form of nefariousness clearly.

Going every 4/5 years suits me. It’s an entire week of holiday, it ain’t cheap and it’s exhausting. Hopefully some fellow boardsies will share their secrets on securing tickets in the next year or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭nc6000

Yeah, it was a bit of a shambles the Thursday we were there with loads of walking required to get anywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭clairek6

I have family weekend camping and a normal campervan pass, will this allow me to the family campervan camping??

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭glennponder

When do we reckon the final announcement will be made? Can't be too far off now.....I know its the Hope that kills u but I'm quietly optimistic on it, there's a huge imbalance of indie/alternative acts which in fairness has always been there…take last year for example.....surely this has to be rectified in the last announcement? No? Coronas and gavin it is then

• Registered Users Posts: 5,097 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

In lieu of any sort of lineup announcements, three points to note in the planning doc.

1: Disposable vapes prohibited (Again) Despite the fact they were selling them in the arena last year.

2: Theres reference to a “change in layout” not sure what this, likely campervan site change?

3: Proposal to have bar/ off-licence in the camp sites. I Hope there isn’t a tightening or change to booze into campsite!!

Post edited by Fatfrog on

Snarky Snark Snark

pink moon have had a bar in the campsite for years, this is likely not a new thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭boomdocker

Definitely not, you'll need a family campervan pass, which are like gold dust

Yeah, it’s more the plural bit I’m worried about, but likely nothing!

EP sized hole in Groove Armadas schedule #justsaying

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

lots of bands have EP sized holes in their schedule, we won't be seeing them #realitycheck

• Registered Users Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Snarky Snark Snark

#whopissedonurcornflakes 😋 can’t a man dream!!

Snarky Snark Snark

#iamthemuddafukkincornflakespissaking, just realistic expectations based on what we've seen so far.

I'd love to be absolutely proven wrong and that they're hiding an orgasm inducing second release that will have us all in paroxysms of utter joy, but they won't and it'll probably rain.

At least next weekend will be a belter, have Patti, Air, Elbow and the Suede/Manics, that'll do for the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭dav09

Are we expecting just one more major announcement this year? I'm surprised too that only Mother has been announced yet as the festival is two weeks earlier and usually anyway by this time of year from memory they'd have started announcing the likes of Trenchtown, Trailer Park, Casa Bacardi (which I assume will be replaced) and other areas announced by now/ around now. Would be nice to have something to look forward to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭Fanirish

one main arena announcement and then weekly non main arena area announcement from mid July till the festival itself

Snarky Snark Snark

we're expecting the second accouncement and then all the smaller stages (salty dog, Mr. Fish, survivor etc..).

What we have does not fill a main arena, and 4 tents for 3 days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭rubick

Wonder if Cian Finn will be curating Croi again. Could save the whole thing tbh

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

…….

Advertisement