Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,248 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The Viper should move in to the rent recovery business.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭DaTown

ha ha hap

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

Katie: Im amazed at that.

Frankly, Im amazed that Katie is amazed at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭calculator

Get the feeling asking to get something fixed would land you into the 'nightmare' category with this guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭tohaltuwi

there’s no excuse not giving deposit back if property kept to normal standard

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

HAP is a farce of a system. The government need to provide the required amount of social accommodation so that the state is not funding private landlords, it just feeds rent hikes. HAP should also be a temporary/medium term assistance payment. Having tenants on HAP year after year after year is ridiculous. Basically it's the tax payer topping up peoples' incomes for rental properties they cannot actually afford.

M

The dodgy renters should get mortgages, they could not pay a cent on the mortgage for 10 years and still live in the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭DaTown

Woke Katie PC patrol

• Registered Users Posts: 15,111 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Mick Dundee probably a bit of a walkover

Go over dere, fcuk dem out and piss on dem on de pavement !

Can't make dem homeless me arse !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

Of course there's a reason John, have to keep the homeless numbers down by hook or by crook.

• Advertisement

I fixed a computer for a woman in a leafy suburb of Dublin a couple of years ago. Nice big 3 bedroom house. While waiting for the updates to download I offhandedly said "Gorgeous house, I bet this costs a fair whack to rent". She goes, "No, I get the HAP so its only 400 a month".

This huge house, I cant imagine what the real rent is but 2+ grand of it is being covered by the state. I was shocked.

the agents won’t make a penny if the tenants don’t pay

Sensible caller alert.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,841 ✭✭✭ebbsy

M

I'd do a 5 minute inspection on someone's car that would tell me if they were going to be a good tennant.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,017 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

She hasn't had a bad tenant, probably because she's excluded certain people. And fair play to her. No point taking a chance with such a major investment. And you can be sure the rental agencies won't exclude certain people and they won't care about the property like you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,694 ✭✭✭leath_dub

Just switched on - KT again????

This Jaysus dullard is on more often than Joe these days.

Has nobody ever thought of offering Raybo the Liveline gig? Hilarity would be guaranteed!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,917 ✭✭✭shearforce

These landlord 'woe is me' segments always end up with some absolute dose of a landlord on the line and you lose any sympathy you might have built up for the original caller.

Haven't had the dose on yet although this one probably has her moments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Remember reading the figures for the average sort of HAP payments a few years back, they were basically what my mortgage was. I do think there are cases for it, absolutely, when there is a shortage of properties out there and people find themselves in a desperate situation (losing a job etc.) - but it's the long term nature of it that I think is very wrong. I think people just get comfortable with the payment and get used to living with HAP as a regular part of their income. Build proper council accommodation that the council OWNS (i.e. doesn't sell for give away prices like in the past) which tenants in need can rent at a reduced rate. That and zero tolerance for anti-social behaviour.

• Advertisement

"I'll go now to Ann on line 2"

Ray hits the button for the 3 o'clock news

filled with bats and pine martens

M

It will end up costing another €14k to get it delisted on Airbnb 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭johnbarrett35

• Registered Users Posts: 39,304 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

FFS, you have to pay 7 times to stay in the kip before bad-listing.

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭golondrinas

A friend of mine rented a house to the co.co. They installed a Nigerian family in same. When they got the premises back they found parts of the stairs in the fireplace. The co.co. reinstated the property for them. Great little country.

the more Daft.ie it is

• Registered Users Posts: 13,837 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

"…it was a complete kip, coddle stains on the bedsheets and the jacks was a black as the Blackhole of Calcutta…"

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

true, but they care about getting rent, that’s how they make money

• Advertisement

the 10 or 20% doesn't make a difference to me…i.e. I'm fcuking loaded

Advertisement