Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crossfire [BBC]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,972 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Looks interesting! Keeley Hawes always very watchable

• Registered Users Posts: 86,713 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The series consists of three 60-minute episodes

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,427 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Video made private - weird.

It starts next Tuesday at 9pm

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭pjcb

dreadful narration

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭cozar

voiceover absolute rubbish about fate and all her life leading up to this, flashbacks annoying, husband finding phone and forgetting about the terror attack, she being an ex-cop who can use a firearm, other than that its ok!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,988 ✭✭✭Xander10

I'd read some poor reviews, so watched with low expectations. Yes, it was ok and will stick with it for final two parts. The boy waiter, featured a lot, pointing to some involvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Radio5

The tension is well done and the sense of not knowing who or what might be around the next corner. The narration is overdone though.

I like it that Jo & husband are not perfect. He was nasty, belittling her at the meal. Imagine having him as your social worker.

Agree about the waiter. Felt sorry for the guy who seems to have lost the kids as they were fleeing across the countryside, having stopped to help the older lady.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,988 ✭✭✭Xander10

It seemed a very long half hour for them helicopters to arrive!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,074 ✭✭✭Deeec

Absolutely. Emergency services are taking forever to arrive. Also I find the guests wandering around the hotel annoying. In that situation would it not be better for everyone to stay in their rooms or find the nearest safe place and stay there.

Its just about watchable but I do find myself shouting at their stupidity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Precisely!! The woman who ran screaming across the concourse and was found bleeding out in the toilet might as well have had a target painted on her t-shirt.

After an interesting start (when I started watching it I had no idea what it was about, so when the shooting started, I was genuinely surprised), but it is really a crock of sh1t.

I follow Dan Ryan on twitter,he was one of the main actors in this!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,442 ✭✭✭JoeA3

This started off somewhat promisingly but went rapidly downhill. All the usual tropes you'd expect to find in a drama like this were used to the fullest. It felt like a very lazy cheap attempt at Die Hard in the Canaries. That said, the first 2 episodes kept my attention.

However... the last episode was pointless, it added nothing - it was all over in the opening minutes and the rest of that last episode was meandering filler. They could have made the 2nd episode 5 minutes longer and be done with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,972 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Only watched episode 1....really interesting premise (basically die hard in a hotel) and a decent cast (bar a few weak links)...but the personal stuff felt extremely poorly written...note sure if I will stick with it.

If you want something like this but good I would recommend the Hotel Mumbai film.

Looks to be on RTE 1 from next Tuesday at 10.15pm

• Registered Users Posts: 24,084 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Is this another example of RTE wasting money paying for something that most people watched somewhere else two years ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,637 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I don't know. I'm watching it this time because I didn't catch it first time around, even though I had heard about it.

Advertisement