Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v10] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭con747

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,980 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Where did kieras affair go. Did the hacking story go anywhere? Are they.both in the shed?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,477 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Also the Melanie helping steal Hughie's car storyline.

Steos mates are horrifically miscast, they look like dungeons and tdragons larpers

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭GAAcailin

Taylor seems to spend alot of time in his pram. As a 6 month old he'd be well feeding food rather than bottles.

No talk of Jess going back to work either, say she'll have no problem getting a creche in Carrigstown either.

Is Pete not still supposed to be minding Nono, no mention of that; we haven't seen Nono or Olivia in ages?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭Deeec

Sure poor Nono is always in her buggy too. She must be nearly 2 now 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

We are usually shown Nono lying asleep in her buggy covered in blankets and then Erica says they are taking her to the swings🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭brokenbad

Like a lot of the other half baked storylines - just ended up being forgotten about…

• Registered Users Posts: 86,117 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Was Mondo taking Kiera to Paris?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭threetrees

Ruby still hasn't let the cat out of the bag about Victor and Kira. I'd have thought she'd have bribed her Dad by now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,976 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Ruby and the writers have forgotten all about it.

Ruby is still throwing out lines about bad fathers and them being unreliable and so on aimed at Steo but they really are digs at Victor but since he's in the shed now it will be on the back burner like all the stories go.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Otis Hill

I love how Joan's idea of getting someone a glass of water is shouting at someone else to bring the other person a glass of water 🤣.

No follow up on yer wan Nicky coming in twice in Thursdays episode looking for Sash? She obviously hasn't checked the shed yet.

The whole Jess and Steo story is bizarre. They've only been in the show 10 months but the pacing the story is ridiculous. First he was a one night stand and seemingly unknown to Greg, then suddenly Steo and Jess have all this childhood history and he's Greg's best mate and then Steo and Jess are the love of each others lives and then they're at each other's throats over custody.

I see Jacinta will be stirring sh!te again in the next episode 🤣. I'd actually love to watch an episode of Jacinta, Sharon, Carol and Juliet all slinging insults at each other. They seem to get the best one liners.

There's quite a few mature singletons on the show now. Surely Con, Pete, Paul, Liam, Anto etc could be paired up with the likes of Dolly, Joan, Jacinta, Sharon, Carol and Emma etc. Could be a few interesting combos there:

Paul and Emma would be suited to each other. I think Paul and Sharon could work too if he hadn't already hooked up with Hayley. Carol and Paul could be a good match too.

I think Jacinta and Pete could be interesting together especially if she fell off the wagon. A drunk and a pill popper sniping at each other.

Liam and Emma would probably annoy Carol, Hayley, James and Con.

So much untapped potential and instead we get some silly drivel about "the site" for the umpteenth time. I think they wrote themselves into a corner in that they designed a story around a set of new apartments but the show doesn't actually have the budget to build a set for a few of these apartments that the characters would be living in. So now they keep writing them as being pertually in development when really in Ireland most new builds are flying up in record time.

I think that's why they have the planning permission is revoked story, the site will vanish like most stories in it. The hoarding will be gone in a couple of weeks and it will all be forgotten about once again.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭Photobox

Maxine gets get lines too. Her saying to Con call pest control when Hayley and James called to the office was hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Otis Hill

But the site could have been shut down numerous times over the last couple of years. They've been flogging a dead horse for ages now. Shouldn't it have been closed when Con went bankrupt? Or when he bribed a planner for planning permission? Or when Con and Damo were done for handling stolen goods? Or when Hayley rigged the raffle? Plenty of opportunity to rid the show of it, but I think they'll keep dragging it out and Hayley and James will find a way to get over this hurdle but those apartments will never be seen physically on the show

I suppose it depends on how far the funding is cut for the show, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's all forgotten about and Hayley has another vendetta only this time it's for daddy in law!

Jacinta is gas, well played by the actress

• Registered Users Posts: 82,299 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Yes I can't believe she played the part of Siobhan in Ballykissangel…

I've also noticed Raferty in his younger days playing the part of local hardman 'Johner Delaney', he could do with getting hold of the same clobber if he wants to make more moves in Carrigstown 😂

YOU'D think Alex would be concerned for his ex Zoe, to check on her even, Brewzers back open in doors who is running if not Alex?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Niall_76

They need to get full use out of the portacabin set 🙂

Yep the site will vanish. Lets hope the writers dont forget that poor aul Doug and Erica won an apartment there. Hopefully there is bit of drama about that. They are going to end up stuck living with painkiller Pete.

The new site was a great opportunity to introduce a new family or a few new faces to the show. Its pathetic that the budget wont stretch to a new set showing just a kitchen and sitting area.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,976 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Maybe the producers didn't realise when they let Doug and Erica win the new apartment, that at some stage they would have to show them living in this new apartment and that = cost, cost, cost €€€

Maybe they can devise some kinda of eleborate (yet entirely believable) storyline to avoid Doug & Erica ever actually getting into the new apartment.

Baby NoNo has developed a crippling fear stairs or something

• Registered Users Posts: 18,477 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Can you 'win' an apartment that hasn't been built yet? I'd be interested in hearing the legalities of holding a raffle with a prize of something that hasn't even been constructed (normally the prize would be something tangible like a car or a dream holiday abroad).

Also, the prize seemed improbably big and OTT for a bog standard raffle. How much would a new apartment in Dublin cost…..€400k perhaps?

Well we've never actually seen Nono crawl or walk so you may be onto something there.

The raffle was meant to be Hayleys big plan to take James down so nobody was meant to win the apartment as it was meant to be exposed as rigged by James. But then Hayley astoundingly decided she actually lurrvved James and forgot about the plan. Doesnt really make sense does it 🤣😂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

If the apartment is a reasonable distance away, hopefully Doug, Erica and Nono will never be seen again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,609 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

no mention of the euro's.. that's probably because the script writers have no idea what sequence their episodes are gonna play out themselves given that there is actually no consistency in the episode story every time

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭Photobox

Ya was wondering will we have drama over the apartment being gone now for Erica and Doug or will it be forgotten about. No consistency with any storyline. Very poor structure.

• Advertisement

Advertisement